Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Danielle Bradbery

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar

Danielle Bradbery

I was wondering what people thought of this girl. She's 16, from Texas, and has just won the US version of the talent show "The Voice".

She's a power-singer, who cites Carrie as one of her major influences. Here she is, singing "So Small" at her local festival at Cypress

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love her. I think she's great.
    Becca
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Danielle is incredibly talented and adorable.

She's the first reality show winner I have seen potential in in a LONG time.

I could see her as a big star if she's handled correctly; hopefully she'll be given the chance.

Sidenote: Casadee Pope is also signed with Big Machine, and she is touring with Rascal Flatts right now. I have a strange feeling RF will tap her as an opening act in the very near future.
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Love this girl and can't wait to hear her music!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Danielle mentioned Carrie in her Rolling Stone interview. I seems strange to see someone basically referring to Carrie as being part of a previous generation of artist.

Is there an artist you'd like to emulate career-wise?
    I guess I'd like to be this generation's Carrie Underwood.
    Danielle Bradbery on Winning 'The Voice' | Movies News | Rolling Stone
    opry051008, oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    i think shes refering to the next cuz she is half of carries age and so young and fresh, yet carrie has almost a decade in the industry and has had soooooooooooooo much success i think its ok to say she wants to be this generations Carrie since in 10 years she will be 26 and carrie 40 lol

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Danielle mentioned Carrie in her Rolling Stone interview. I seems strange to see someone basically referring to Carrie as being part of a previous generation of artist.

Danielle Bradbery on Winning 'The Voice' | Movies News | Rolling Stone
    Well it's not often that someone stays at the top as long as Carrie has. So by the time Danielle starts to make it really big (which I guess will probably be several years from now if it happens at all) Carrie will likely be past her prime. So I can see where Danielle is coming from in that statement.
    Carrieflattsfan and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I was wondering what people thought of this girl. She's 16, from Texas, and has just won the US version of the talent show "The Voice".

She's a power-singer, who cites Carrie as one of her major influences. Here she is, singing "So Small" at her local festival at Cypress

To take on a Carrie song and do it justice at 16 shows how talented this young girl is. I think 'The Voice' is an overrated want to be American Idol..but they found a real diamond in the rough with this child.

if she is handled right (would have been nice if she had won AI so Carrie could have mentored her) and finds some songs worthy of her young voice she could do really well. Time will tell...

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post

Wow, this is an incredible cover. Danielle has an amazing amount of control and power in her voice for someone so young. She deserves to make it big in the country music industry.

Taking on one of Carrie's most popular, well-loved songs is pretty brave, and she did a beautiful job. Loved it.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    To take on a Carrie song and do it justice at 16 shows how talented this young girl is. I think 'The Voice' is an overrated want to be American Idol..but they found a real diamond in the rough with this child.

if she is handled right (would have been nice if she had won AI so Carrie could have mentored her) and finds some songs worthy of her young voice she could do really well. Time will tell...
    Wow, she sounds fantastic. I didn't realize she performed at festivals. I don't know why but for some reason I got the impression she went from singing in her bedroom to singing on the Voice. lol.

Concert Stars
    I like her too. Especially since she sang a ton of Carrie's songs on the voice and helped her sales. haha

Just hope Big Machine does not ruin her and turn her into Taylor Swift Part II-- but with actual singing ability.
    Marie2011, oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Wow, she sounds fantastic. I didn't realize she performed at festivals. I don't know why but for some reason I got the impression she went from singing in her bedroom to singing on the Voice. lol.
    I thought so too! Wonder if there are any more of her singing on YouTube?
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think our perception that she had never sung in front of a crowd came from Danielle - she just got done saying she had only sung in her bedroom or in front of a mirror. Doesn't look like these festivals had many people though. She definitely has a relaxed attitude in front of people whether she is in reality or not. She has an honest talent and that is quite refreshing. I just get terrified with anyone starting so young - before they have finished their education as its so hard to keep it together - especially after watching LeAnn rimes. Look how Carrie's life has changed and look how much older she was when she started her Idol win - its been unbelievable to watch and yet she has managed to stay pretty grounded because of her faith, family, friends and hubby. Will Danielle be so lucky? I'm of the feeling she'd been better off to keep that kind of talent hidden until she got her education and more growth and has a chance not to get swallowed up in all the politics and $$$ and has the strength to fight off the bad influences. Even Hunter is young but in comparison so much older than Danielle. I do hope she had a strong family around her!!
    opry051008, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well Carrie has ONLY been doing this for 8 years so it isn't really that long. AND I get the feeling that Carrie is just getting STARTED with all the things that she'd like to do. So we don't need another Carrie cuz we already have the best in her!!!

I don't really see Danielle as being in competition with Carrie but it is going to be interesting to see where she will ultimately fit in with all the up and coming new female artists.

Concert Stars
    I realy like Danielle and she is a naturally talented singer. (I wish on "The Voice" she would of sang a mixture of country songs and not the same type mid-tempo ballads. Blake definietly played very safe with her. But I must admit that Blake is a very good coach) But if you look videos on yputube you can she see that she had much depth in her. I wish Danielle the best and hopefully SB will let her be true to her art.

I am really not worried abt Danielle taking away from Carrie. Carrie is doing her own thing! She had solidified her spot on COUNTRY RADIO! I think Danielle might be the next Taylor for the young girls! (Danielle is good, very good!!!)
    oldyfan likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    I realy like Danielle and she is a naturally talented singer. (I wish on "The Voice" she would of sang a mixture of country songs and not the same type mid-tempo ballads. Blake definietly played very safe with her. But I must admit that Blake is a very good coach) But if you look videos on yputube you can she see that she had much depth in her. I wish Danielle the best and hopefully SB will let her be true to her art.

I am really not worried abt Danielle taking away from Carrie. Carrie is doing her own thing! She had solidified her spot on COUNTRY RADIO! I think Danielle might be the next Taylor for the young girls! (Danielle is good, very good!!!)
    How refreshing it would be for the younger generation to have a talented SINGER as a role model. And yes I think SWSRN should feel the heat at least for the country fans. And besides SWSRN is a pop artist anyway!!

It's going to be interesting to watch and see how Big Machine handles this influx of young female artists. I mean the pie is only so big and they're all going to be going after the same promo dollars and target audiences. I guess if I were Danielle I might have considered signing with a different label.

Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    How refreshing it would be for the younger generation to have a talented SINGER as a role model. And yes I think SWSRN should feel the heat at least for the country fans. And besides SWSRN is a pop artist anyway!!

It's going to be interesting to watch and see how Big Machine handles this influx of young female artists. I mean the pie is only so big and they're all going to be going after the same promo dollars and target audiences. I guess if I were Danielle I might have considered signing with a different label.

Actually I would of signed with BM, they seem to have a BIG influence over country radio and I think with her fan base she might do really well start from the agte. I hope she gets a GREAT first single bc she is very talented. I haven't liked anyone as much as I like from a reality show. I didn't even watch the voice but did youtube her performances!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    Actually I would of signed with BM, they seem to have a BIG influence over country radio and I think with her fan base she might do really well start from the agte. I hope she gets a GREAT first single bc she is very talented. I haven't liked anyone as much as I like from a reality show. I didn't even watch the voice but did youtube her performances!
    Well I guess at this point one really has to wonder how big of a fan base does she really have? I didn't/don't watch the Voice but I've gathered from reading articles and posts and stuff, that on a show like the Voice that its more about the coaches than it is the artists. At this point, I'm wondering how many of these female artists can BS have in his band and otherwise support??? I mean Gwen somebody(while not a winner, she was on his team) was/in singing some backup vocal in his band, that Rae Lynn(at least I think that's her name and again not a winner but on his team) and I noticed that she was in his latest Boys Round Here video and she's done singing with both BS & ML. And finally Cassidy Pope was according to tabloid magazines the one that was stirring up trouble in the golden, shoved down our throat couple's marriage. Guess with this track record it's probably a good thing that Danielle is so young!!!

Concert Stars
    I am shocked that no one mention the connection between Carrie and Danielle: Blond Country cuties winning the 4th season of a reality music show!!! LOL

Carrie Guru
    This young lady can sing very well, but she is not going to be another "Carrie Underwood".

With Carrie, it is NOT only her singing ability but also her "PERSONA".

•  
    Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast