Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Danielle Bradbery

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    She got roasted in this review by Country Universe Single Review: Danielle Bradbery, ?Friend Zone? | Country Universe
    Gator and terilyn like this.

What is SB trying to do to country music? Maybe he's not as great as he thinks he is. W/what he has done to TBP, DB, I'd be real afraid if I was JN.
    Hoping this turns around and bites him in the @$$!! Maybe he should move his label out of Nashville. Feeing bad for the artist.
    abbeyjones18 and Suellen like this.

hjj, terilyn and Pi314CA like this.

Junior Carrie Follower xboom28x's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I feel bad for Danielle. She is uber talented. It must be hard as a female breaking into country music in this era. The only females in country music that are hugely successful are those that were already established (CU and ML) or they are jumping onto the trend like Kelsey or Maddie and Tae. I sure hope Danielle doesn't get lost trying to find her spot in country music. Her covers that she did for youtube were I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!!!
    txacar, bluetb4, Gator and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by xboom28x View Post
    I feel bad for Danielle. She is uber talented. It must be hard as a female breaking into country music in this era. The only females in country music that are hugely successful are those that were already established (CU and ML) or they are jumping onto the trend like Kelsey or Maddie and Tae. I sure hope Danielle doesn't get lost trying to find her spot in country music. Her covers that she did for youtube were I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!!!
    I feel very bad for Danielle, as well. Agree about the youtube covers. I've watched "Say Something" at least 100 times, lol. Interesting to watch the musicians accompanying her. Their expression says it all about her talent.
    bluetb4 and xboom28x like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Well, I guess the review is pretty spot on. "Friend Zone" did not chart on the Billboard Country Airplay chart, and spent 2 weeks (#50, then #41) on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. This song has already fallen off these charts.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by xboom28x View Post
    I disagree about M&T. They prove that more traditional material can work, or at least have an audience. Their album is one of the best mainstream ones of the year. Sure, their first #1 was a novelty but they managed to get at least a Top 10 follow-up which is unheard of for females in the past 7-8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    I disagree about M&T. They prove that more traditional material can work, or at least have an audience. Their album is one of the best mainstream ones of the year. Sure, their first #1 was a novelty but they managed to get at least a Top 10 follow-up which is unheard of for females in the past 7-8 years.
    Novelty - sure. But well-crafted, catchy, witty, and coherent, very much UNlike 'Friend Zone'

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    teasing some new music on facebook, miles better then Friend Zone ,still not sure what that was suppose to be
    https://www.facebook.com/MusicChoice...7250489100385/
    hjj likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    teasing some new music on facebook, miles better then Friend Zone ,still not sure what that was suppose to be
    https://www.facebook.com/MusicChoice...7250489100385/
    I've been listening to the live performances of her new music and I def think she's abandoned the pop idea that was Friend Zone and has gone back more country with those hints of pop. So glad to see her not giving into the pressure of the record label but instead making the music she wants to make. She is very talented and hopefully this new album will be a good comeback for her. I really love Room for Two, Potential, Shot of Whiskey and Can't Stay Mad at You.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwicountry View Post
    I've been listening to the live performances of her new music and I def think she's abandoned the pop idea that was Friend Zone and has gone back more country with those hints of pop. So glad to see her not giving into the pressure of the record label but instead making the music she wants to make. She is very talented and hopefully this new album will be a good comeback for her. I really love Room for Two, Potential, Shot of Whiskey and Can't Stay Mad at You.
    "Potential" is available for download with pre-orders of the album. Danielle Bradbery is destined to be a superstar if she continues to record songs like this one. Gorgeous voice, beautiful emotional performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbB8p41CjsI
    Josh likes this.

Concert Stars
    Sway is charting on Mediabase (#50). Danielle will appear on Megyn Kelly this Friday, 9 a.m. central, on NBC.
    Kizmet311 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    We've been listening to Sirius XM The Highway channel almost all weekend with the free satellite radio promo they've been running for the holiday. Anyway, I think I've heard Sway about 500 times, lol. In all seriousness, they are playing it A LOT. I do like the song and it is catchy.
    rainbow1 likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    ^That's good to hear. I had to write it in on most of the Mediabase station request forms. Sway is a nice little song but I think "Potential" and "I'm Worth It" are better. I'm happy for her -- Big Machine have done nothing to develop her huge talent.
    Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    ^That's good to hear. I had to write it in on most of the Mediabase station request forms. Sway is a nice little song but I think "Potential" and "I'm Worth It" are better. I'm happy for her -- Big Machine have done nothing to develop her huge talent.
    I think "Potential" is a pretty strong song, both in itself, and in Danielle's performance. It's a co-write with Emily Weisband, who is involved in five songs on the new album, and is one of the people Danielle credits with teaching her to express herself in song. The album's title, "I Don't Believe We've Met" reflects Danielle's belief that she's making a new start, which is more representative of who she is, and what she wants to say. She says her first album was made when she was only 16, hadn't really found her independent voice, and was more reflective of the record label's ideas. Danielle co-writes all but three of the new tracks, and says that, though she's retained some of her Country roots, she also wants to express Rhythm and Blues, Latin, and other influences, to find a more complete picture of who she is.

She has continued to have the support of Miranda Lambert, who toured with her in 2015, and who tweeted about the new album:
    "Happy record release week!!!! Love this song! Proud of you @DBradbery #idontbelievewevemet #potential #texasgirls"

Last edited by Farawayhills; 12-05-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    covering LN

txacar and Suellen like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789