Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 175
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Danielle Bradbery

  1. #41
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,292
    Releasing her single in July? I guess that's pretty much the end for Cassadee then?

  • #42
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,440
    Concert Stars
    ^ Cassadee wasn't exactly burning up the charts with her pop song she released to country.
    Maybe her label now will let her make the music she wants to make.

    I love that Danielle is country and wants to make country music.But she's so young.
    I hope she's surrounded by as good a support group as Carrie had coming off Idol.If so I think she's got a chance.

    and for the record I prefer Danielle and her voice to Lauren, who I always found to be a bit over the top personalitywise.Although she is extremely nice.We sang a duet together of GG at the softball game last year.lol
    abbeyjones18 and Smokyiiis like this.

  • #43
    Rex ReedRichards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,689
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Danielle seems incredibly down-to-earth and sweet; there are a few contestants who have gone into the show with a superiority complex, but Danielle doesn't seem to have changed through the whirlwind of the last few months.

    I don't think Blake coaching/mentoring her will change her (at least not in a negative way), either. Usually, artists become arrogant because they believe their own hype, not because someone else's ego influences their own attitude.

    Here's to hoping she's stays sweet through all of this; I love her personality the way it is, and hopefully she'll have a strong support network around her to keep her grounded.
    I don't think you have to worry about this too much. She has a vine and the short vids show her hanging out with family and friends like any typical teenager. I know it sounds creepy that I would know this but, hey, I became a fan from the Voice and followed her on twitter; she reminded me so much of Carrie.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

  • #44
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,292
    Hmm, I see what you're doing SB. lol.

    Attachment 29669 Attachment 29670

  • #45
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Releasing her single in July? I guess that's pretty much the end for Cassadee then?
    It seemed to me like Cassadee didn't have much buzz anyway, though.

    Plus, there's the fact that a lot of people feel Cassadee was pushed into country music, and authenticity is huge to country music fans.

    Danielle is young, fresh-fresh faced and authentic, and it seems like Blake is really intent on backing her. I think she could do well with the right material.

    Honestly though, I think ALL reality show winners/contestants face major hurdles now, because there are so many of them vying for spots in the music industry. If Danielle wants to stand a chance, she's going to need the right material, support and marketing behind her. Even then, the chances of her making it are about just as good as anyone else out there. Her name may be more recognizable, but there is a lot of work ahead, and I hope she has the support she needs to go after her dream and develop a following.

  • #46
    Carrie Guru Claire2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the library. lol
    Posts
    10,896
    ^^^ Is Cassadee's debut single not doing well? I thought it had awesome first week digital sales? Thanks.

  • #47
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    24,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    ^^^ Is Cassadee's debut single not doing well? I thought it had awesome first week digital sales? Thanks.
    It's at #59 in Country on iTunes. So no, it is not selling well at all for a lead single.

  • #48
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,440
    Concert Stars
    preview of Heart of Dixie



    and a review - http://www.roughstock.com/reviews/si...medium=twitter
    opry051008 and Smokyiiis like this.

  • #49
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,292

    Lyrically, "The Heart Of Dixie" (written by James, Hillary Lindsey and Troy Verges) telling a story of a woman who was going through the motions with a dead-end job and a barely there alcoholic husband whose departure allows Dixie to leave for greener pastures of a new life
    I don't get it... is her label seriously starting her off with a song like this????

  • #50
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    The song is good and Danielle sings it well but I am with Opry, I don't know if this is the best single choice for a soon to be 17 year old.
    hjj, opry051008 and Smokyiiis like this.

  • #51
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    I agree with those that have questioned the choice of this song for someone Danielle's age. However, I do love the song itself. I will likely buy this when it hits iTunes.

  • #52
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    This sounds good, and the single cover is nice.

    I'm probably in the minority, but I think a song with heavier subject matter could help Danielle stand out and get some attention, which is exactly what she's going to need when her album comes out. It's more important than ever for artists to come out with something memorable right out of the gate; if this is done well, it could do the trick.

    If this was a brooding ballad I'd be a bit more concerned, but it sounds like it could be a solid story song with a pleasant melody and vocal.

    I think subject matter depends more on the maturity of the artist involved, and the kind of image the artist wants to project, too. So many young female artists go down the predictable power ballad/vengeful kiss-off anthem route, and I'm glad signs are pointing to the fact that this could be a departure from that pattern. If Danielle can pull off the song with a great performance balanced with the right emotional response, she could prove to be well beyond her 17 years of age.

    A lot of people thought Carrie releasing JTTW as a debut single was a risky move, but now it is considered one of the best things she could've done. IMO, artists won't know if a single pays off or will be considered risky unless they take that chance, and I'm glad Danielle has the guts to take the gamble at such a young age. You don't know what the risk is unless you take it.

    I'm anxious to hear this, and I wish Danielle the best.

  • #53
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    6,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    This sounds good, and the single cover is nice.

    I'm probably in the minority, but I think a song with heavier subject matter could help Danielle stand out and get some attention, which is exactly what she's going to need when her album comes out. It's more important than ever for artists to come out with something memorable right out of the gate; if this is done well, it could do the trick.

    If this was a brooding ballad I'd be a bit more concerned, but it sounds like it could be a solid story song with a pleasant melody and vocal.

    I think subject matter depends more on the maturity of the artist involved, and the kind of image the artist wants to project, too. So many young female artists go down the predictable power ballad/vengeful kiss-off anthem route, and I'm glad signs are pointing to the fact that this could be a departure from that pattern. If Danielle can pull off the song with a great performance balanced with the right emotional response, she could prove to be well beyond her 17 years of age.

    A lot of people thought Carrie releasing JTTW as a debut single was a risky move, but now it is considered one of the best things she could've done. IMO, more artists need to take risks, and you won't know if it pays off if you don't take the gamble.

    I'm anxious to hear this, and I wish Danielle the best.
    Well I guess in theory your post might be correct but sometime in the past few days I read an article or a post where it was stated that the country music audience wants or likes or respects authenticy in the artist and the songs that the artist sings. Is it really believable or authentic for a barely 17 yr. old girl to sing a song with a subject matter like this???

    I believe it was Carrie who talked about releasing JTTW and the risk that some thought it was and she herself said to her it was the most natural, logical or authentic choice because of what she believes/believed. And I believe that Carrie also said it was a risk because it was a song about God. I wonder if Carrie's career would have had a different trajectory if her first single would've been BHC or Wasted???

    Guess time will tell if this is the right single for this artist. IMO, its a very curious choice for someone so young and clearly lacks life experiences(even if she's just 'playing' a character as Carrie says she often does in her songs).

    Smokyiiis likes this.

  • #54
    hjj
    hjj is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    5,449
    Concert Stars
    you can hear the whole song over at mj. It is a good enough song sung well but does not make me want to buy it. I will wait to see what else she has to offer on her album.
    DizzyDollyDee and Smokyiiis like this.

  • #55
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,517
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    you can hear the whole song over at mj. It is a good enough song sung well but does not make me want to buy it. I will wait to see what else she has to offer on her album.
    Nothing special about the song. I wish her all the best. Maybe there will be better songs on the album.

  • #56
    Insane Carrie Fan chevrolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    5,438
    Carrie sings ABOUT a woman and her substance abusing partner in WASTED. Nobody cared or questioned that she didn't have this life experience, she was just the storyteller. No emotional background was necessary.

    Now Danielle sings ABOUT a woman and her similarly afflicted partner. She too is the storyteller. Why is it so hard to believe that a 17 year-old may have been witness to a similar situation with friends or relatives and capable of relating the story?

  • #57
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by chevrolet View Post
    Carrie sings ABOUT a woman and her substance abusing partner in WASTED. Nobody cared or questioned that she didn't have this life experience, she was just the storyteller. No emotional background was necessary.

    Now Danielle sings ABOUT a woman and her similarly afflicted partner. She too is the storyteller. Why is it so hard to believe that a 17 year-old may have been witness to a similar situation with friends or relatives and capable of relating the story?
    The difference is that Carrie was in her 20s, and Wasted wasn't her first introduction to country radio. With Danielle, she is 17 and appears to be quite naive if you watched The Voice. I'm not saying she shouldn't have recorded the song at all, but I think it is a very risky debut single choice.

    I think Karly might be onto something, though, with the idea that the heavier subject and nice delivery of such a story could actually help Danielle in the long run. She won't get lumped in with the many female artist that either go with the boy bashing single or the heartbreaking ballad single. Hopefully, this helps her stand out from the pack.

    I'm holding off further judgement until I see how she does with a live performance of this song. If she can deliver on the emotional side, I'll be impressed.

  • #58
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    The difference is that Carrie was in her 20s, and Wasted wasn't her first introduction to country radio. With Danielle, she is 17 and appears to be quite naive if you watched The Voice. I'm not saying she shouldn't have recorded the song at all, but I think it is a very risky debut single choice.

    I think Karly might be onto something, though, with the idea that the heavier subject and nice delivery of such a story could actually help Danielle in the long run. She won't get lumped in with the many female artist that either go with the boy bashing single or the heartbreaking ballad single. Hopefully, this helps her stand out from the pack.

    I'm holding off further judgement until I see how she does with a live performance of this song. If she can deliver on the emotional side, I'll be impressed.
    Female country singers doing a boy bashing song that happens about as much of male singers having a truck in their song. lol
    supercarriefan likes this.

  • #59
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,095
    I'd just like to point out that the female co-writer of "Heart of Dixie" is Caitlyn Smith, a young singer/songwriter from Minnesota whom I follow. (I'm pretty sure that Hillary Lindsey was not involved, so that may be an error in the source). Caitlyn is very proud of the song, and excited that it was chosen for a debut launch - I hope it gets critical attention.
    supercarriefan likes this.

  • #60


  •  
    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrie Underwood & Danielle Bradbery - Wasted
      By Jade_kt in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 06-05-2013, 10:03 PM
    2. Danielle Bradbery Sang Wasted On The Voice
      By cary78663 in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 38
      Last Post: 05-16-2013, 02:09 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •