Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Danielle Bradbery

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Well I guess at this point one really has to wonder how big of a fan base does she really have? I didn't/don't watch the Voice but I've gathered from reading articles and posts and stuff, that on a show like the Voice that its more about the coaches than it is the artists. At this point, I'm wondering how many of these female artists can BS have in his band and otherwise support??? I mean Gwen somebody(while not a winner, she was on his team) was/in singing some backup vocal in his band, that Rae Lynn(at least I think that's her name and again not a winner but on his team) and I noticed that she was in his latest Boys Round Here video and she's done singing with both BS & ML. And finally Cassidy Pope was according to tabloid magazines the one that was stirring up trouble in the golden, shoved down our throat couple's marriage. Guess with this track record it's probably a good thing that Danielle is so young!!!
    It's hard to know how big of a fan base she really has because if my memory is correct, although she sold well on iTunes, she sold less than Cassidy last year when Cassidy hit #1 on multiple occasions (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I think Danielle has a great chance of being successful but it will come down to getting great songs. I don't expect her to have Carrie's level of success because Carrie was "lightning in a bottle" as someone once said, but there's no reason Danielle can't have a long and successful career in country music.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    'Voice' champ: I want to be the new Carrie Underwood

WENN

New "Voice" champ Danielle Bradbery has big high heels to fill: She has her sights set on becoming the new Carrie Underwood. The teenage country star became the youngest "Voice" winner last Tuesday, and she already has a record deal and big plans for her career. She tells RollingStone.com, "I want to make a pop-country album ... I guess I'd like to be this generation's Carrie Underwood." And she hopes to become a fashionable country star, just like the Underwood, adding, "I love wearing high heels! I'm the kind of girl who always liked wearing high heels."

Cont'd at:
    http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/blog--voice-champ-i-want-to-be-the-new-carrie-underwood

By MSN TV 3 hours ago

Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I wish Danielle the best, but nobody can fill Carrie's shoes.

These artists deserve to have a chance to find their own niche, and hopefully Danielle is able to do that. Of course everybody wants to be "the next Carrie Underwood" but emulating her success would be incredibly difficult, and I hope Danielle is allowed to be herself throughout the journey of her career.

What I find so amazing about Carrie all these years later looking back on her Idol journey was that she grew SO much in such a sort time, and she developed in ways I couldn't have imagined back in 2005. Hopefully with maturity and the right support behind her, Danielle can begin to build her own career and have a last impact. I'm also hoping she's allowed to be herself, instead of seeing her marketed as the next Carrie (in the same way Lauren Alania is being marketed right now, IMO).

In any case, I think she's incredibly talented and could do amazing things with the right team behind her. Here's to hoping she gets the chance; it feels like it's been far too long since we've had new, talented young females in the country music scene.
    DizzyDollyDee and DaisyTweets like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I like lauren but lauren as i repeat gave out waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of that Carrie copycat vibe and it kinda got annoying, plus i think Danielle is a more talented vocalist than lauren and probably can get a better chance than she did with the fact that she WON the damn thing and has the Evil Genius of Record labels SB behind her

^ I prefer Lauren's voice though.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Lauren has more personality to her voice. Danielle is a great singer but unless she comes up with a special song, there is just "something" missing. I know she is only 16 so she has time to develop "something".

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    Lauren has more personality to her voice. Danielle is a great singer but unless she comes up with a special song, there is just "something" missing. I know she is only 16 so she has time to develop "something".
    I agree Lauren has a more distinct voice than Danielle, but she has time to develop an image.

Carrie didn't become who she is overnight, either.

I'm just hoping Danielle is actually marketed well, because so many of these reality show contestants seem to be already flying under the radar too early. If they're hoping to make Danielle successful, she's going to need a solid single and a big push starting soon.

The Voice Danielle Bradbery Begins Work on Her Debut Album - Photos, Details
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but do you think Carrie would do a duet with Danielle? Danielle seems to be one of the few up and coming female country singers to enthusiastically acknowledge Carrie's influence on their music.

Concert Stars
    Danielle was the reason I watched the Voice. She is absolutely incredible and she is the only artist since Carrie that I think has that something special in her voice that is just undescribable. At 16, she can sing like that. I can't imagine what she'll sound like in a few years.

It's true she doesn't have a real emotional connection with the songs or a deep maturity but she's 16! My gosh, she has nothing but time to grow. She will be competeing for Female Vocalist in the near future. She just has that IT that people talk about. What Carrie has.

Carrie Guru
    Well the only thing I worry about is that Blake will be on hand to guide her. I hope her head doesn't get as big as his and she doesn't become as arrogant as he has become.

DaisyTweets and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Well the only thing I worry about is that Blake will be on hand to guide her. I hope her head doesn't get as big as his and she doesn't become as arrogant as he has become.

Danielle seems incredibly down-to-earth and sweet; there are a few contestants who have gone into the show with a superiority complex, but Danielle doesn't seem to have changed through the whirlwind of the last few months.

I don't think Blake coaching/mentoring her will change her (at least not in a negative way), either. Usually, artists become arrogant because they believe their own hype, not because someone else's ego influences their own attitude.

Here's to hoping she's stays sweet through all of this; I love her personality the way it is, and hopefully she'll have a strong support network around her to keep her grounded.
    Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 06-28-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Huge Carrie Follower
    i have 2 questions :
    1. How can Danielle be ''incredibly down to earth'' (as someone posted previously) when she says that she wants to be the Carrie Underwood of the next generation??
    2. Is carrie getting in her 50s or is carrie going to retire from the music scene??

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrie admirer View Post
    i have 2 questions :
    1. How can Danielle be ''incredibly down to earth'' (as someone posted previously) when she says that she wants to be the Carrie Underwood of the next generation??
    2. Is carrie getting in her 50s or is carrie going to retire from the music scene??
    so the qualification for being down to earth is having no goals? she loves Carrie. its a compliment to say she wants to emulate her career.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    i have 2 questions :
    Danielle saying she "wants to be the Carrie Underwood of the next generation" is a compliment to Carrie. To me, that suggests she has a goal/hope of being extremely successful.

If she had said "I'm going to be the Carrie Underwood of the next generation," that would suggest she has a superiority complex.

Second of all, no one has suggested Carrie is going to pack up and quit the music business anytime soon. She still has PLENTY left in her, and she has said herself she's far from being done. She hasn't even been in the business 10 years; she's nowhere near ready to retire.

Danielle admires Carrie and wants to have a career like hers. It's far from wanting Carrie to retire so Danielle can take her place or something.

IMO, there's no malicious intent at all.
    DizzyDollyDee and JB172 like this.

Concert Stars
    i have 2 questions :
    how DARE she... -.-
    Carrieflattsfan and JB172 like this.

Yeah, I said they need to get her some good song writers like Carrie got in the beginning and .....VOILA!!.......Brett (JTTW) James!! Wahoo!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    i have 2 questions :
    I think a "generation" is taken to be roughly 25 years

They say girls grow on the sunny side of the fence - but Danielle sure looks big for 5...

(Seriously, though, I took it as a compliment too!)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    i have 2 questions :
    What's she suppose to say, " I hope I suck, my first album tanks and I don't get to make another one"
    Pitocco and Carrieflattsfan like this.

•  
    Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast