• 2 Post By pklongbeach
  • 3 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By CARRIE'D AWAY
  • 2 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 2 Post By pklongbeach

Thread: Miley Cyrus Video/New Album Era

Concert Stars

Miley Cyrus Video/New Album Era

I didn't see a thread on Miley, and I am not sure if anyone here is interested in one- lol- but I thought I would start one as her new video is really polarizing. I like Miley- and like this song- but the video to me is disappointing. It is so obviously an attempt to shed her Disney image that she goes too far and it is sort of lame as it has no plot. I was hoping for more art, less pointless butt shots in your face. lol Oh well. What are your thoughts?

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop - YouTube

The video is very boring.
    teesharky likes this.

Ace
    Concert Stars
    looks like now we are watching "Lady GaGa 2".. I don 't know when this video debut...there are 4.9 million viewers so far. Miley must have done something "right" to attract so many viewers.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    This is no Ga Ga. Sorry, but no.

PRetencious / spoiled / entitled / desperate / needy / arrogant / ignorant ............... ok, I'll stop.

JUst really Miley? With everything you have going for you, this is what you reduce yourself to just to get peoples attention?

Sad.

And frankly,.......stupid.

(not cause it offends me, but because she tries so hard to offend me, and fails....)
    teesharky and Schrodinger like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    a way to get attention seems to be what this video is about, music be damned
    teesharky, HuiZ and pklongbeach like this.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I didn't see a thread on Miley, and I am not sure if anyone here is interested in one- lol- but I thought I would start one as her new video is really polarizing. I like Miley- and like this song- but the video to me is disappointing. It is so obviously an attempt to shed her Disney image that she goes too far and it is sort of lame as it has no plot. I was hoping for more art, less pointless butt shots in your face. lol Oh well. What are your thoughts?

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop - YouTube
    I like the song and she always has been a good singer but this video is just EWWWWWWW! I'm so glad I don't have any young daughters in my house! I feel sorry for her parents, how embarrassing! Ok, you can call me a prude now, it's a hat I'll gladly wear as I'm in my 60's.......lol
    Schrodinger likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Miley's new video looks like someone let some wild teens or college age kids have a video camera to film their ridiculous antics. It certainly isn't a step forward for Miley. Where is the girl from Disney? It seems she is trying a little too hard to separate herself from the squeaky clean image. I hope someone lets her know that there are other ways to let the world know you've grown up.

Concert Stars
    She is trying to push this new image out. It's not working.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Miley's new video looks like someone let some wild teens or college age kids have a video camera to film their ridiculous antics. It certainly isn't a step forward for Miley. Where is the girl from Disney? It seems she is trying a little too hard to separate herself from the squeaky clean image. I hope someone lets her know that there are other ways to let the world know you've grown up.
    Miley was a Disney girl before she hit puberty. No one is the same person when they are 10, 11, 12 to when they are 16 or 17, let alone 20 or 21. It's remarkable how many times my values changed from the beginning of my teenage years to now.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    I agree. I don't think anyone really sees her as that girl anymore anyway.

So if she is trying to change her image it should be to change it from the slutty image she has been creating in the last 5 years.

She seems like she's trying WAYYY too hard in this video.

Also.... Try watching this video and "22" back to back. LOL

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    She's been pushing this sexual/anti Hannah Montana image for a few years now, though.

I can't say I blame her for wanting to separate herself from her Disney image, but at the same time the idea of Disney actresses going from good girl to sex vixen overnight has gone on way too many times now and is becoming predictable. Christina and Britney did it, now Miley and Vanessa and others are doing it.

I only hope that she can transition well and that this doesn't mean she's going down the same route as so many other Disney starlets who have tried to "rebel" like this. It comes off like she's trying too hard, but hopefully she'll grow into her own skin eventually.

She has always been channelling Godney Spears.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Miley was a Disney girl before she hit puberty. No one is the same person when they are 10, 11, 12 to when they are 16 or 17, let alone 20 or 21. It's remarkable how many times my values changed from the beginning of my teenage years to now.
    Becca
    Given that I'm in my late 20s, I get that lol. My comment was more of a comment on the fact that she is so far from that girl now that it is hard to even recognize her. I don't expect her to be the exact same as she was when she was Hannah Montana, but she certainly doesn't have to do a 180 to whatever it is she is trying to do now. It really does seem like she is a completely different person. Perhaps she is just going through a rebellious phase, and we will see a brand new Miley in a few years.

Concert Stars
    Also, I think it is fair to point out the differences in the "provocative" nature of some women who go through that "coming of age" change in their careers and this.

Yes, we have seen many young women become more sexual in their image as they transition into a more adult product. And sometimes it is quite jarring and quite intentionally provocative....

The real issue I see here is an intentional abandon of even self worth and self decency.
    It is one thing to become a sexual person and even to use that for your own self gratification.
    But this, for me, points at very self-loathing and self-disrespecting actions and motives that degrade her and make her appear much less a storng provocative woman and more a self-loathing tool for others to use and abuse.

Its a rather sad display to be honest.

Someone like Pink can manage to behave like an independant thinker and spirit, and still maintain all of her self "dignity".

This video seems to want to depict someone who has lost theirs and is simply a victim or useless participant in other peoples pleasure.

I don't know why she or her management thought it would be a good idea.

Even Madonna went through a rather selfdistructive phase and it was not accepted by the pubic or even a lot of fans, and her career began its slow decent.

•