Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Kree Harrison

New Carrie Fan

Kree Harrison

As a fan of hers, I noticed she's very good friends of Kacie Musgraves. I love her music! I hope Kree will be accepted in country music like Carrie was. They are similar in a lot of ways. Both quiet, serious, and strong vocals with a more tradition country sound.

If you're a fan of Kree's, a new forum is open for her at kreefans.com
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I was impressed by the clips I'd seen, and started a thread about her a few months ago
    http://www.carriefans.com/forums/ame...-harrison.html (Kreetia Louise Harrison)

I'm convinced she will gain a lot of support and attention from Country fans.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

I think there's a very high possibility of her doing nothing on the charts.
    liveasong likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I defer to the chart experts on questions like that. The singles charts are based either on airplay, or on a mixture of airplay and digital demand, and I really don't know how she'd appeal specifically in those areas. My feeling is they're increasingly dominated by tastes in General Music.

I was thinking more of specifically Country Music fans. It's probably no coincidence that Kacey calls her "my bestie" and Ashley calls her "my sweet Kree". I think fans who are drawn to their view of contemporary Country Music will often also relate well to Kree. I agree with Kreeper that there's something about her that's reminiscent of Carrie - I think quite a few Carrie fans may like her too (perhaps rather more than they like some current chart stars)
    HuiZ, rainbow1 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Concert Stars
    I think in her case she is going to have a stronger following going in than the last several idol-offs that have entered "country". (among females I mean)

She has the chops, she has the depth, she has a curious public, she has relationships from within already established.

The only real question will be, what kind of single will she choose to launch with.

Its so hard when an artist like this has their greatest strengths in styles of music that is not currently popular.
    Blues.
    IF she does anything safe, along the lines of Womack/YEarwood she could have real trouble getting radio play.

She is going to have to hit with something fresh. (not quite sure what that is, she should ask Carrie, ha ha ha).

But I think she will get a more concentrated launch than Lauren A. got. So if it is the right song, and moeny is changing hands at radio, than she should do well. 800,000 downloads of first single.

If she goes with her wheelhouse and sings blues, she will win over traditionalists and probably put out a really respectable record, and will only get moderate radio play and sell about 80,000 downloads of first single.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I think in her case she is going to have a stronger following going in than the last several idol-offs that have entered "country". (among females I mean)

She has the chops, she has the depth, she has a curious public, she has relationships from within already established.

The only real question will be, what kind of single will she choose to launch with.

Its so hard when an artist like this has their greatest strengths in styles of music that is not currently popular.
    Blues.
    IF she does anything safe, along the lines of Womack/YEarwood she could have real trouble getting radio play.

She is going to have to hit with something fresh. (not quite sure what that is, she should ask Carrie, ha ha ha).

But I think she will get a more concentrated launch than Lauren A. got. So if it is the right song, and moeny is changing hands at radio, than she should do well. 800,000 downloads of first single.

If she goes with her wheelhouse and sings blues, she will win over traditionalists and probably put out a really respectable record, and will only get moderate radio play and sell about 80,000 downloads of first single.
    She could have both contemporary and soul/blues on her first album kind of like how Carrie had two producers on her first album (even though there weren't exactly two different sounds). Kree could have one more mainstream producer for popularity and success's sake and one who is plays more to Kree's roots for artistic integrity, and maybe they can even work together on some songs to combine the two styles. I'll be interested in whatever she puts out though. She's the first artist I've genuinely been interested in since Carrie.

Concert Stars
    Something similar in style and feel to BHC would be great for her.
    I don't know if she has the "charactor developement" ability to pull it off. But that is the sound that I think would work well with her voice and also appeal to a young demographic.

Performance of winning singles actually reflect the artists' future successes rather accurately.

In the early days, all of them got very good sales right out of the gate because of the huge ratings American Idol was getting. But let's just look at the recent ones.

David Cook's went No 3, Kris Allen's went No 11, Lee's barely went Top 40, Phillip Phillips got a surprise hit, Scotty got a Top 10. And their subsequent successes and failures reflected.

The only 'exception' would be Jordin Sparks, whose 'This Is My Now' debuted and peaked at a modest No 15. Nevertheless, during her name, digital sales have not been remotely as high, and she was the first Idol winner not to release a physical single to it, so the peak is misleading in this sense. Not to mention she couldn't move albums despite her hits and is now flopping.
    hjj likes this.

Concert Stars
    Yeah, but you like to focus on the nation wide charts, and I love you for that.
    But Kree is going to be shooting specifically for the country charts. So her chances are much better cause she has a bulit in system already to make sure she has a certain level of success from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Yeah, but you like to focus on the nation wide charts, and I love you for that.
    But Kree is going to be shooting specifically for the country charts. So her chances are much better cause she has a bulit in system already to make sure she has a certain level of success from the start.
    Her chances are weaker than Lauren Alania who had better sales right out of the gate.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I wasn't sure which Kree thread to post this in. Perhaps the mods can merge this one and the one in the AI forum.

Kree is performing on the Nationwide stage at the CMT Awards. It's the stage where they put the new artists to sing the show in and out of commercial breaks. Good opportunity for Kree! Cassadee Pope from The Voice will be appearing on the stage as well.

Kree Harrison & Cassadee Pope To Perform On CMT Music Awards! | Cassadee Pope, Kree Harrison | mjsbigblog
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

New Carrie Fan
    Anyone interested in winning an autographed 8x10 of Kree. We're giving one away at kreefans.com/forum/

Concert Stars
    So how are sales of her single going?
    And is she seeing any chart success?

Is it fair to even ask? Is a single even released to country radio yet?

Concert Stars
    I don't know that her single actually got an official radio release, Patrick. I tried to find sales data past her debut week, but couldn't find anything.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I just saw at CMT that Kree is currently working on her album. Which label is she on? Does anyone know?

Concert Stars
    Kree will be affiliated with 19 Recordings of course, and likely Interscope. However, we will probably see one of Universal's Nashville labels assigned to her for promo purposes. I checked around and there is no actual sign of her on any of the websites for Universal Music or 19. Although, there is no sign of Candice either haha.
    Lauren is with Mercury Nashville, so I highly doubt they would want to put Kree there as well. I'm thinking they might put on Capitol Nashville as they don't have a strong female artist to promote right now.
    nccountrygal likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Kree will be affiliated with 19 Recordings of course, and likely Interscope. However, we will probably see one of Universal's Nashville labels assigned to her for promo purposes. I checked around and there is no actual sign of her on any of the websites for Universal Music or 19. Although, there is no sign of Candice either haha.
    Lauren is with Mercury Nashville, so I highly doubt they would want to put Kree there as well. I'm thinking they might put on Capitol Nashville as they don't have a strong female artist to promote right now.
    Capitol Nashville has no association with Universal. The most likely label choices are Mercury Nashville (as you mentioned), MCA Nashville or Republic Nashville. I'd say MCA Nashville is most likely since Mercury Nashville has Kacey Musgrave and Lauren Alaina and Republic Nashville has Cassadee Pope.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Capitol Nashville has no association with Universal. The most likely label choices are Mercury Nashville (as you mentioned), MCA Nashville or Republic Nashville. I'd say MCA Nashville is most likely since Mercury Nashville has Kacey Musgrave and Lauren Alaina and Republic Nashville has Cassadee Pope.
    Didn't Capitol become part of of Universal after EMI and UMG merged?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Didn't Capitol become part of of Universal after EMI and UMG merged?
    UMG is Capitol's parent company.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    UMG is Capitol's parent company.
    Thank you. So, technically they are connected in some sense.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast