Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By supercarriefan
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills
  • 2 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach

Thread: Keith Urban "Little Bit Of Everything" New Single!

Keith Urban "Little Bit Of Everything" New Single!

Little Bit of Everything - Audio Only - YouTube
    The new single will be available for purchase at midnight Tuesday 5/14 from iTunes!

Concert Stars
    Ok, so NOW can we stop calling Carries music pop music??!!

(this song takes women back to the stone ages. But I am assuming that women don't care anymore. I think there is a huge swing back toward conservative women in the house barefoot and cooking for her man.)

To each his/her own. And I don't have a problem with it. It just hits me everytime I hear it spelled out so clearly in current country music.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    The sad thing for me is that Keith Urban is an extraordinarily talented musician, who could have been a major influence on the Country Rock scene.

Here's an early video which shows that side of him - the Dixie Chicks covered this song, and asked him to play with them on their album recording of it:

However, in America, he chose a more Mainstream path - and much of that side of his work has become obscured.

I would agree that the lyrics of that new opening verse are questionable (they are actually down to Brad and Brett Warren). But in fairness, I'll say that the line "do what I want when I want" is ambiguous - although it comes directly after the reference to the girl's cooking and tan, it could be interpreted as applying to the singer's own carefree attitude to spending his summertime, and not to his demands for the girl (OK, I'm reaching, but I hope that's the way people will hear it!) In point of fact, a high proportion of his fans are women - so the key factor will be how they take the implied submissiveness in the lyric.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I don't like this, but at least it's not as bad a 1994 or Boys 'Round Here lol. Keith is continuing his streak of watered down music though.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    By the way, Brad & Brett Warren also wrote "Red Solo Cup" - so, no worries - it'll probably be a huge hit and win awards.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Eh.

Keith is one of the best male vocalists in country music, but his recent material has been, to put it mildly, underwhelming for me.

He sounds fantastic and this song is supported by fantastic production, but the song itself songs like most of what he's been releasing the past few years.

His early material was great; I miss that Keith.

OMG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>'#Beautiful'

Concert Stars
    Kindda sounds like the love child of Beat This Summer and Sure Be Cool if You Did. It's catchy, I like it

Concert Stars
    YEah, I should have included Keiths talent in my take on the song.

Talk about shortchanging oneself!!

We always discuss Carrie being judged differently because she has so much potencial. I can see Keith almost the oposite.
    HE is "so good" (and I mean that) that whatever he does gets showered with praise. But this is no where near how good he could be as a musicician. HE is really amazing.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Keith Urban launches his upcoming new album Fuse with a little ditty called “Little Bit of Everything,” written by The Warren Brothers with pop singer-songwriter Kevin Rudolf.

The energetic performance and the singalong-friendly melody contain traces of the organic quality that has marked Urban’s best songs in this vein. Frustratingly, the effect is dampened by an annoying drum machine and a lack of a strong hook (a deficiency for which the “na na na”s don’t quite compensate).

The bigger problem is a set of sloppy lyrics that mindlessly stumble about with no discernible point. Between Urban singing about wanting to “hang a disco ball from an old oak tree” one moment and then wanting to “take a whole box of Cuban cigars and smoke ‘em nice and slow like they were good for me,” it’s hard to make sense of what’s coming out of the man’s mouth. At a time when country music’s respect for women is not at a high point, lines about wanting “a cool chick who’ll cook for me but still dance on the bar in her tan bare feet and do what I want when I want and she’ll do it with me” feels distasteful as well as unoriginal.

Is it a love song? Is it a song about enjoying the simple pleasures of life? It’s hard to tell where exactly the writers intended to go with it, but it sounds a lot more like “too much nothing” than “a little bit of everything.”

Country Universe ? A Country Music Blog » Single Review: Keith Urban, ?Little Bit of Everything?

•