Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - 4th Album Era

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Kellie Pickler - 4th Album Era

I know we have a Kellie DWTS thread, but I thought it would be alright to start a thread for her new music given that DWTS ends in just a few weeks.

Kellie has a new single that went to radio yesterday. It's called "Someone, Somewhere Tonight". It was previously recorded by both Kenny Rogers and Pam Tillis. This is Kellie's first single with Black River Entertainment.

This link has a place to listen to Kellie's full version of the song and a short video of Kellie discussing the song:
    Kellie Pickler Confirms New Single, "Someone Somewhere Tonight," Out 5/14! (VIDEO) (UPDATED) | American Idol, Kellie Pickler | mjsbigblog

Kellie has been actively recording material for her fourth album overall, and first album with Black River.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is really great. Kellie sounds fantastic, and softer production suits her.

Sweet song, but not gonna do anything on radio or commercially :/

Concert Stars
    I agree, Karly. I also appreciate how Black River seems to get what Kellie is all about. They seem to be treating her like her music means something which is certainly not the treatment she got at Sony. It's nice to see Kellie referenced as "critically acclaimed" in the press release for the single.

I hope this single does something, even if it doesn't go all the way to number one. Even a modest hit would help Kellie at this point. This is such a pretty song.

I really Like this song a GREAT deal gets my thumbs up
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    Amazing song!! I love her, when will the opry induct her? I think she's deserving

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    Amazing song!! I love her, when will the opry induct her? I think she's deserving
    I totally agree about the Opry. Kellie has made the Opry an important part of her career from the beginning. She appears more than some Opry members lol. The induction of Darius Rucker proved that the Opry is sticking to its premise of inducting those that make the Opry a priority rather they are huge stars or not.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I totally agree about the Opry. Kellie has made the Opry an important part of her career from the beginning. She appears more than some Opry members lol. The induction of Darius Rucker proved that the Opry is sticking to its premise of inducting those that make the Opry a priority rather they are huge stars or not.
    100% agreed. Plus I think Kellie is one of the best ambassadors for country music. Especially now with DWTS, she really is showing a mainstream audience the best of country
    supercarriefan, glenn7 and HuiZ like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Would not have known she had recorded this song - my gosh a new song from Kellie and I'm so thankful for this post!!! Love the song, will be buying it and sure hope radio recognizes her this time - loved her last album and was such a shame radio was sooo rude not to play it!! Women have such a hard time getting radio promotion and what a shame - so many of the men sound alike you don't even known who you are listening to. Not the case with Kellie - her voice is so distinct and love it!!
    glenn7 likes this.

I think she can work on developing a cult following and make a career out of that. In this case, the more traditional her music is, the better for her. It NEEDS to be alternative.

Originally I thought it'd be better for her to have an upbeat single, but now I think perhaps this is a better choice considering how 'Tough' did nothing.

i love it,can't wait to hear more
    DizzyDollyDee and glenn7 like this.

Concert Stars
    At this point, Kellie seems to be sending the message that she's going to release what she wants to, regardless of whether radio will support her. If she was expecting a reaction from radio, something tells me she would not release a ballad as a lead single from an upcoming album.

I'm glad she's expanding on the softer, more traditional sound, because it suits her, and that's where she seems most comfortable. Honestly, it would be nice if more artists were as honest and open about what they want to do as artists; so many artists just seem to go along with the wishes of the label. It's nice to see Kellie fighting for what she wants, regardless of the support she may (or may not) receive. Good for her.

I hope she can develop an audience, and something tells me the more traditional route will help her gain traction somewhere.

Kellie would be a wonderful addition to the Opry, and I think she'll be inducted someday (hopefully) soon.

Concert Stars
    ^I hope so too.

She just hasnt had the write song yet imo. Her songs have been incredible to say the least, but nothing the majority wants to hear.

Great song! I love it!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Maybe since Kellie is on the current season of Dancing with the Stars they could have her back next season to perform whatever her single is at the time. Obviously this would be quite a bit in the future but I think it would give her great promo. I am curious to see what Black River has lined up to promote the album and her future singles...best of luck to her!

Concert Stars
    She's made the reality television leap from singing on season 5 of American Idol to tearing up the parquet each week on Dancing with the Stars, but even Kellie Pickler thinks there's an Idol alum she'd rather see getting fake tanned and sequined.

Katharine McPhee "would do amazing," Pickler told PEOPLE while at the 20th Annual Race to Erase MS event in Beverly Hills.

The "Best Days of Your Life" singer doesn't have to stretch her imagination too far to explain why she feels the Smash actress would dominate on Dancing with the Stars.

"First of all, she's an amazing performer – obviously a very talented singer," says Pickler, 26, "but if you've seen her show Smash, she's dancing. I really don't think there's anything she can't do."

Dancing with the Stars's Kellie Pickler Talks About Katharine McPhee : People.com

Concert Stars
    It's great to see Kellie talking so positively about Kat. I was wondering if they were still good friends. I guess they are.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    It's great to see Kellie talking so positively about Kat. I was wondering if they were still good friends. I guess they are.
    Yeah, I had actually forgotten they were close friends on Idol; it's good to see that still holds true.

Insane Carrie Fan
    "Someone Somewhere Tonight" is available on I-tunes right now.

Kellie sounds fantastic. Easily my favorite song of hers. Her music has never really resonated with me (besides a few such as "I Wonder") in general but given how she's found her sound, I will definitely be looking forward to new music from her now. Very impressed with her.

It also is on Spotify.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast