Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina "Barefoot and Buckwild"

Concert Stars

Lauren Alaina "Barefoot and Buckwild"

Amazon.com: Barefoot and Buckwild: Lauren Alaina: MP3 Downloads

30 sec clip of the song....

Lauren Alaina is set to debut the lead single off her sophomore album next Thursday on American Idol’s top 3 results show! Her new single is called “Barefoot And Buckwild,” and Lauren cowrote it with Chris DeStefano (who cowrote Carrie Underwood’s “Good Girl” with Ashley Gorley and Carrie, as well as “Better Than That” from Scotty McCreery’s debut album with Craig Wiseman and Jess Cates) and Jon Nite (who has also been writing with Scotty for his sophomore album, and whose recent credits include “One Of The Boys” by Jana Kramer and standout track “Book Of John” from Tim McGraw’s current album, Two Lanes Of Freedom). The clip of Lauren’s new single teases a catchy uptempo track with production that, much like Carrie’s “Good Girl,” leans pop/rock, with rural imagery and hints at some country instrumentation on the breakdowns. “Barefoot And Buckwild” also builds on the sassy, flirty vibe of Lauren’s 2nd single, “Georgia Peaches.”

I REALLY REALLY like it! Good on her!+

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I liked it!!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Loving It! can't wait to hear the full song

Concert Stars
    I can't wait to hear the whole song too. And I heard that Carrie tweeted her about the song (i'm not on twitter though so I can't bring it over). It reminds me of something Carrie would release!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    WOW! love it!!! I wish nothing but the best for her this era!!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Please, please, country radio!!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This clip reminds me so much of "Good Girl." Lauren sounds great, extremely confident and feisty here.

If this works, she may have found a direction that finally gives her breakthrough.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Loved the clip. Best of luck to Lauren.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Please, please, country radio!!!!!
    I Really Want Her To Do Well With This Song.
    opry051008 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    i use to love lauren on idol but idk what it is i dont like bout heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr!!! i dont i love her voice and her personality, i just think its the fact that she wants to copy carries career and music style(not surprised tho)
    Carrieflattsfan and maddkat like this.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Oh I can't wait to get this on Tue!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    This clip reminds me so much of "Good Girl." Lauren sounds great, extremely confident and feisty here.

If this works, she may have found a direction that finally gives her breakthrough.
    I completely agree and its for those reasons that I think this one could really to well on country radio right now. I'm buying it on ITunes!
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bs63093 View Post
    i use to love lauren on idol but idk what it is i dont like bout heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr!!! i dont i love her voice and her personality, i just think its the fact that she wants to copy carries career and music style(not surprised tho)
    I actually thought the same thing when I heard this clip. Lauren instantly went for a glam/mature image when her album didn't sell too well, and now she's going the pop/rock route with the same songwriters that penned "Good Girl."

I know Lauren admires Carrie, and I think she's extremely talented, but it seems like her team is trying to make her into a 'mini Carrie' now with the image, sound, and song. Plus, there's the fact that they released "18 Inches" and made it pretty well-known it was co-written by Carrie during her debut era.

There's nothing wrong with admiring somebody, but IMO it's not good when you are basically inviting somebody to continue to make those comparisons. Most artists want to break out of that mold and be their own artist, but this new image kinda suggests to me her label is trying to capture the same crowd Carrie caters to, because it works so well for her, and maybe it'll get Lauren off the ground.

Perhaps the general public won't look at it that way, but this revamp of her image seems a bit suspect. In any case, if she's going down this road, I hope this is what she WANTED to do.

This does sound like a hit, though.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I actually thought the same thing when I heard this clip. Lauren instantly went for a glam/mature image when her album didn't sell too well, and now she's going the pop/rock route with the same songwriters that penned "Good Girl."

I know Lauren admires Carrie, and I think she's extremely talented, but it seems like her team is trying to make her into a 'mini Carrie' now with the image, sound, and song. Plus, there's the fact that they released "18 Inches" and made it pretty well-known it was co-written by Carrie during her debut era.

There's nothing wrong with admiring somebody, but IMO it's not good when you are basically inviting somebody to continue to make those comparisons. Most artists want to break out of that mold and be their own artist, but this new image kinda suggests to me her label is trying to capture the same crowd Carrie caters to, because it works so well for her, and maybe it'll get Lauren off the ground.

Perhaps the general public won't look at it that way, but this revamp of her image seems a bit suspect. In any case, if she's going down this road, I hope this is what she WANTED to do.

This does sound like a hit, though.
    I'm not sure Lauren really knows what kind of music she wants to make.She was so young when she was on the show - one of the reasons I think they should raise the age limit.I get the feeling sometimes like I did with K. McPhee that mostly she just wants to be famous.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I'm not sure Lauren really knows what kind of music she wants to make.She was so young when she was on the show - one of the reasons I think they should raise the age limit.I get the feeling sometimes like I did with K. McPhee that mostly she just wants to be famous.
    Yeah, Lauren was young on Idol, but she always made it clear she wanted to be a country singer. I don't doubt she loves to sing, but I do get the impression that she's letting her label influence where she wants to go, instead of standing up for herself. The change in her image seems so dramatic, I just can't help but think her label is pushing her to go in a different direction, and she's going along with it. I hope that isn't the case, but it's a feeling I have.

Katharine McPhee is extremely talented, but I always felt like she never quite connected with people on Idol, and it only made matters worse that she released a cookie-cutter pop album after the show. I always wondered if Kat would've been more successful had she chosen songs that were fit for her voice (Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Someone To Watch Over Me), etc, and then released an album like that, instead of one that seemed to be completely fabricated.

I too get the sense that she doesn't know exactly where she belongs, and it's too bad she never had that guidance. Obviously she wants to be a pop singer, but it was obvious she was never comfortable in the role of being a sex symbol, and her album was just a generic mess. "Unbroken" was good, but it's hardly a commericial pop album; her debut was her one shot, and it completely missed the mark.

If Kat had known who she wanted to be on Idol, I think she would've done much better. But she seemed to be sending mixed messages, and that's one thing the Idol audience will not like. You HAVE to know who you are, otherwise nobody will get the sense that you're artistry is genunine.

And I also have a general observation about Harry: I haven't been watching Idol at all this season, but after hearing about some of his comments to the contestants, I can't help but think maybe he could be a little more tactful. He doesn't have to beat around the bush, but these kids don't need to feel like they're humilated; they need guidance.

Concert Stars
    Omg. everyone buy this song. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

Concert Stars
    Finally had the opportunity to download it from ITunes. Dang....girl can sang!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I don't know that I'm sold on this type of music for Lauren. It seems the label is pushing her into a sexier image. I miss the Lauren from her debut album. I was listening to some of it last night, and it showcased Lauren's spunky side while still reminding the listener than she is a young lady finding her way in the world.

That being said, I still think Lauren is a very talented young lady who deserves much success. Perhaps the change in sound and image is what she needs to succeed.

I think she will continue her flopage.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    I think she will continue her flopage.
    This was just released today and it's only in the top 30 in the Itunes country chart. Yikes.

Lauren is a talented young lady, though, and I hope she can find something that works for her.

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast