Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sofa Critic
  • 1 Post By Sofa Critic
  • 1 Post By epicamends
  • 1 Post By Sofa Critic

Thread: Dave Grohl's SXSX 2013 Keynote Speech

Dave Grohl's SXSX 2013 Keynote Speech

Yes, this is an hour long, but trust me - it's worth your time. If you're a music fan, you'll love this. Not only is it Dave Grohl (who, let's face it, is impossible not to love), but his message is really inspiring. For all of us Carrie fans who spend so much time worrying about charts and sales and record labels, etc., the message in this is one to take to heart. At the end of the day, the most important thing is the music.

Dave Grohl's SXSW 2013 Keynote Speech : NPR

I played the speech the other day. Very good! A lot of truth in what he says!
    epicamends likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofa Critic View Post
    I played the speech the other day. Very good! A lot of truth in what he says!
    I'm so excited that some one actually responded to this thread. lol. I know the hour-long video can be intimidating, but it's such a good speech. It's nice to see someone who is so passionate about the actual music part of the music industry, rather than the fame and charts and sales like a lot of other artists these days.

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I'm so excited that some one actually responded to this thread. lol. I know the hour-long video can be intimidating, but it's such a good speech. It's nice to see someone who is so passionate about the actual music part of the music industry, rather than the fame and charts and sales like a lot of other artists these days.
    The key phrase in his speech was "find your voice" - something Taylor Swift is still struggling with!

The key phrase in his speech was "find your voice" - something Taylor Swift is still struggling with!
    That part of his speech really, really spoke to me, and not even necessarily in a musical sense. I'm in my 20s and am definitely struggling with finding my voice and finding my calling, so his words on that were very inspiring.

That part of his speech really, really spoke to me, and not even necessarily in a musical sense. I'm in my 20s and am definitely struggling with finding my voice and finding my calling, so his words on that were very inspiring.
    They always say, "do what you love and it won't seem like work". Good advice.
    epicamends likes this.

They always say, "do what you love and it won't seem like work". Good advice.
    That's my goal! It's figuring out how to get to that point that's the tricky part.
    Sofa Critic likes this.

That's my goal! It's figuring out how to get to that point that's the tricky part.
    Late-night host Conan O'Brien has been asked by fans how they could get into the TV business. His advice to them or to anyone was to find out what you're passionate about, then go to that place or industry and do anything for them. Get coffee, run errands or deliveries etc. - and don't have an attitude. Listen, learn and eventually you'll connect with the people that can give you a shot at success, to allow you to do what you've always wanted.

I thought that was great advice!

SC
    epicamends likes this.

•