Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cassadee Pope Goes Country - Debut Album Era

Cassadee Pope Goes Country - Debut Album Era

I figured I would start a thread for this. The Voice season 3 winner Cassadee Pope is officially going Country. She has signed a record deal with Republic Nashville, under the Big Machine Label Group imprint...aka Taylor Swift's world.

I'm not sure I like Cassadee going Country, tbh. We'll see....

She's formerly the lead singer of the pop-rock group Hey Monday, who I loved. On the show, she said countless times that she wanted to go pop-rock post-show...so I have a feeling she was told/pushed the Country route.

She's been in Nashville writing and meeting with producers. The plan is to get out a single pretty soon....if not sometime this month or in February.

Here are a few of her Country covers from the show, in case you don't know who she is:

"Over You"

"Cry"
    http://youtu.be/pUoWJRBEfak

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...blic-nashville

Cassadee Pope.jpg
    Last edited by gaycarebear; 01-17-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Insane Carrie Fan
    That's odd. From what I've seen and heard of her, she's always expressed wanting to be a pop star (and occasionally incorporating a few country song/elements) but never showed interest in going country.

Concert Stars
    I like her.
    This is the first time I am see her.
    Shes not pitch perfect but she has a nice vulnerablitity to her voice. Like TS but she can really sing, which is cool.
    Pretty girl, unassuming.
    And singing that particular song gives me a better understandng of how the song could be sung. Liked it alot.

Concert Stars
    The one issue I do have is if she was vocal about what she wanted to do as a singer, than it falls alittle flat being "created into a country star".
    This was the kind of thing Carrie was accused of even though she shouted from the rooftops that she wanted to sing country music.
    How far we've come.
    Now they emphatically state they want a pop career, and they still get transfered to country.
    Augh!

Carrie Guru
    I think this is a bad move for her. Does she know how hard it is as a female to get played on country radio? I think she figures that she'll have Blake and Miranda's support and start off touring with them. But I guess we'll see. I guess this will mark the end of RaeLynn's career in country music.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    The one issue I do have is if she was vocal about what she wanted to do as a singer, than it falls alittle flat being "created into a country star".
    This was the kind of thing Carrie was accused of even though she shouted from the rooftops that she wanted to sing country music.
    How far we've come.
    Now they emphatically state they want a pop career, and they still get transfered to country.
    Augh!
    She was definitely pretty vocal about what she wanted to be as an artist on the show. Blake gave her "Over You" one week...and after that things began to change. I think she's being pushed this route, honestly.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I was surprised that she went the country route, but seeing that their first two winners have been total busts maybe they feel this is the route to take her in.

Hopefully for her and the country industry she can hit it big because IMO the cupboard in pretty bare after the Big 3, maybe Kramer or Musgraves can become something too.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Guys, she's going to big machine. Don't worry, she'll be a pop star with mayb a tad country.
    Becca

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Guys, she's going to big machine. Don't worry, she'll be a pop star with mayb a tad country.
    Becca
    lol. Funny but true.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    She was definitely pretty vocal about what she wanted to be as an artist on the show. Blake gave her "Over You" one week...and after that things began to change. I think she's being pushed this route, honestly.
    Absolutely!
    You talk about "heres the pitch, swing, and its a home run"! The money and tenacity of BM coupled with the grassroots power of the "Mafia", this is a pretty sure bet.
    But it still always comes down to one thing.
    That lead single has got to "catch fire".

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Considering she might be the Voice's Breakthrough artist, this was a very calculated move. Will she produce good music? Yet to be determined, but I believe if promoted correctly she'll have a sure fire shot at getting a legitimate 4th slot for female vocalist (instead of it just being a filler)

She's going country... seriously? This is such a desperate attempt to make someone successful out of The Voice.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    Considering she might be the Voice's Breakthrough artist, this was a very calculated move. Will she produce good music? Yet to be determined, but I believe if promoted correctly she'll have a sure fire shot at getting a legitimate 4th slot for female vocalist (instead of it just being a filler)
    Maybe with the Blake - Reba connection, she can become a FV nominee following Kelly Clarkson. They're both as country an artist as it gets. Why go country then when you've expressed time and time again how your heart is in pop/rock? Not a calculated/manufactured move at all.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I think this is a bad move for her. Does she know how hard it is as a female to get played on country radio? I think she figures that she'll have Blake and Miranda's support and start off touring with them. But I guess we'll see. I guess this will mark the end of RaeLynn's career in country music.
    its easy to be played in the radio as long as you have millions to spend and the label is willing to throw millions for publicity like TS thats the truth, to be fair, even Carrie they spend millions for her publicity before she became superstar

I just read some of her interview snippets on mjsbigblog...

She said her heart is always in pop/rock and she is just going to stick to pop/rock and just throw in some country elements.

I just... can't take her seriously as a country artist.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Just because Cassadee is on a Nashville label doesn't mean her music needs to be primarily country. Scott B. certainly does not have any issue with an artist on his label being primarily pop ( :cough: Taylor :cough: ).

Concert Stars
    Big Machine? It will be a POP album with 1 country song - pretty soon country music will be full of little girl singers like TS who make crap POP and have 1 country song on their album - Big Machine will buy them their career like they bought Taylors

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    Big Machine? It will be a POP album with 1 country song - pretty soon country music will be full of little girl singers like TS who make crap POP and have 1 country song on their album - Big Machine will buy them their career like they bought Taylors
    Isn't there an appropriate genre for Country where there's no BM/BS allowed??

Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    yup a big possibility because big macine are in charge now, they took over Sony coz Sony is almost bankrupt so TS is so lucky TS got it in the right time, but I have faith, GOD will be the last judgment, the talent example during Golden Globe real talent spoke

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by elba2007 View Post
    yup a big possibility because big macine are in charge now, they took over Sony coz Sony is almost bankrupt so TS is so lucky TS got it in the right time, but I have faith, GOD will be the last judgment, the talent example during Golden Globe real talent spoke
    Big Machine has become the big dog because like him or not Scott Borchetta is VERY good at what he does and isn't going to mismanaged things like was done at Sony by trying to have 9,000,000 artist under your umbrella when the sales industry sucks.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast