• 1 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 1 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 1 Post By JB172
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By carebear4eva
  • 1 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 1 Post By supercarriefan
  • 3 Post By allamericangirl8

Thread: Blake & Miranda on cover of People as Ideal Marriage???????????????????????????????

Concert Stars

Blake & Miranda on cover of People as Ideal Marriage???????????????????????????????

Wow you all. Just WOW. I'm stunned. I was reading something a while ago and they were talking about the new People magazine getting ready to come out. It has Miranda & Blake on the cover....that's how this all started. When I first saw this People Magazine cover, I thought that Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert must have some sort of deal with People where they would get a follow-up cover the year after their wedding cover. I was wrong though, their wedding was on the cover of US Weekly, not People, and it was a whole 18 months ago. The accompany article admits that they’ve only been together about 150 days since they’ve been married, which is roughly a quarter of the time by my estimate. Plus, rumor has it that they got together when Blake was still with his last wife. (Blake denies he cheated with Miranda, but Miranda sort-of admits it happened that way.) So why are they being held up as an example of a couple to emulate? Maybe it’s some kind of cross-promotion with The CMA Awards and Blake’s new Christmas special, which is mentioned in the piece. (Update: the CMA Awards are Thursday night, so that’s what this is about.) People knew their female readers wouldn’t buy it unless Miranda was on the cover too and the focus was on their relationship. I did some research from there, which led to me reading this:

Miranda Lambert is a *****.

So I posted before that yesterday we went to one of those country fests which is an outdoor, all day concert. It starts off with smaller acts, and then builds up to the headliner. We saw (in order) Black Water Gin, The JaneDear Girls, The Bellamy Brothers, Steel Magnolia, Joe Nichols, and Miranda Lambert.

Before each act, they did an auction where you could bid to sit in "the best seats in the house", which were literall on the stage with the performer. Sort of off to the side, but on the stage with them. The auction we assumed was for charity, though I never got that confirmed, and we weren't there in the beginning when they explained it.
    The smaller acts got about $250 for their stage seats, the middle acts like Steel Magnolia and Joe Nichols got $500, and Miranda Lamberts seats went for a whopping $1200 dollars.

Anyway, Blackwater Gin and the Bellamy Brothers were a snooze fest, but The JaneDear Girls, Steel Magnolia, and Joe Nichols were *awesome*. They had you up out of your seats having a great time, whether you were familiar with their music (which I wasn't) or not. SUCH fun.

Then came Miranda Lambert, who a few of my friends were SO excited about. I was moderately excited, I didn't know her music THAT well, but still was excited since she was the headliner and usually the concerts get bumped up a notch with each performance. We'd just had SUCH a great show with Joe Nichols, so I was curious what Miranda Lambert was going to do to match that!

She comes out, and starts by saying that she saw us all dancing around having fun during Joe's performance, but now we've got our asses in our chairs, so she hopes that we're just taking a little break, and that we'll get our asses up when she gets started. She sings her first song, everyone cheers and claps and everything. Then she sings her second song - which was called Hootchie Koo, and it was odd. The stuff she had on the giant screen behind her was weird, and the whole thing was just...well, not entertaining. Most people sat through that song.

Then she announces that she has recently put together a girl band, called Pistol Annies. She brings them out, and they proceed to do about a half hour's worth of music.
    This is how they intro'd themselves. There were 2 girls, and Miranda. Miranda shouts, "I'm the drinker!" Girl 2 shouts "I'm the smoker!!" and Girl 3 shouts "And I'm the pill popper!!!" And they in unison start whoo hooing and clapping like they just said something awesome. The audience? *Crickets* . Then they sing their songs, and none of us knew any of it because their album or first single hasn't even come out yet. All of their songs were sort of trashy. Like the stereotypical "redneck" is what they were aiming for. They proudly sang of sleeping with married men, chain smoking, their mufflers being tied on with a guitar string, etc. It was....odd.
    The audience basically just sat there for the half hour that Pistol Annies performed, and I heard people around me say they didn't pay for this, they paid for Miranda Lambert.

After the Pistol Annies left, she sang another song, and people got into a bit, but after it, there was a long pause...And Miranda Lambert says, "Y'all, I've gotta stop right now, and tell y'all something. And I'm going to try to say it without being whiny. But you know what? I don't feel good at all, I've been taking tylenol and shots of whiskey all day so you guys wouldn't have to miss out on me singing. And you know what? Even though I don't feel good, I still put on my 5 inch red high heels on, and came out here to give you a show. But my feelings are hurt right now, cause y'all aren't giving anything back to me, and that's not fair. Now, I still have a few songs to play, and I want you to get out of those chairs, and clap, and give me some energy to work with, can you do that?" She said this in a VERY whiny and *****y tone. Everyone was like Then she stood there and refused to start up again until people stood up. "There. That's better," she said, and she started performing again.

There were other little statements she made, that caused us all to be very the whole time. After her last 3 songs she sang with us being told to stand up, she stopped singing, left the stage, and the lights turned on to indicate the concert was over. No big goodbye, no encore (which I've NEVER had happen - I've been to a lot of these things and the headliner ALWAYS encores. Even the two acts before her played an encore), just...that's it. It was BIZZARE.

I came to the event feeling rather meh, but on the good side of meh, about Miranda Lambert, and left thinking she's an asshole.

Miranda Lambert is a *****
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    So maybe those of you that think Blake & Miranda are still the POWER COUPLE and will sweep the CMA's are right. Don't know, but timing right at CMA awards week for this cover of People magazine just seems odd.
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    What's the point in make a new thread for something you already posted in the Miranda thread?
    supercarriefan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    What's the point in make a new thread for something you already posted in the Miranda thread?
    Because After I posted it there I realized that it had nothing to do with Four The Record and more to do with the CMAs.

Concert Stars
    To each his own.
    I pass.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    To each his own.
    I pass.
    What's that mean? That you think they ARE the Power Couple, or that they are NOT? I wish to God that the CMA people would get OVER them. I think Miranda's early albums were good, I think her more recent ones are not good. I personally don't think Blake would have much relevancy at all if it weren't for THE VOICE. He was definitely in the FADED section of the CD stores before that.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    What's that mean? That you think they ARE the Power Couple, or that they are NOT? I wish to God that the CMA people would get OVER them. I think Miranda's early albums were good, I think her more recent ones are not good. I personally don't think Blake would have much relevancy at all if it weren't for THE VOICE. He was definitely in the FADED section of the CD stores before that.
    It means I'm trying really hard to be nice.
    They are just not my cup of tea on any level at all.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Can this thread be moved to the Celebrity Gossip? It has nothing to do with the fine music that either of them produces.
    CrazyDreams1818 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    this should be in the miranda thread. everything about any artist is in their current album thread.
    Becca
    supercarriefan likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I really don't see a point to this thread at all. If you don't like an artist, try not to concern yourself with what they are doing. Ignore it. Enjoy the artists you do like, but I don't see a point in wasting time ranting about artists you don't even like.
    BTW, nowhere on that cover does it say they have an ideal marriage. They have a marriage that works for them. That's great for them. I'm happy they are happy with each other. I don't feel I should be holding them to some special standard.
    As for Miranda and Blake getting together before Blake's marriage had ended to his first wife, I believe that information is incorrect. Miranda has stated that she knew it was hands-off while he was married to someone else.
    So what that the magazine is coming out CMA week? It's far too late to influence the voting. It makes sense that People would feature country artists on their cover to coincide with the CMAs as it is a rather big event.
    CrazyDreams1818 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I said that I was shocked to read that someone called Miranda a b****. I had no clue that she was that way or came across that way while on tour. I was simply stating my opinion and nothing more. I myself have never attended one of her concerts. Nor had I ever before read anything like this about them. If I have placed this in the wrong thread (though it had nothing whatsoever to do with her music or her latest album), then I'm hoping one of the moderators will move it for me (I am not savvy as to how that is done).

Relevancy is the upcoming CMA. I am hoping they are no longer the "power couple" so that the pendulum swings back into our Carrie's favor.

Concert Stars
    I'm not sure I get what's so b!tchy about what Miranda did? The audience sounded like a pile of buttwipes, tbh.

New Carrie Fan
    I hope so - I love this couple together!

•