Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Major News Outlet is Interested in the Billboard Chart Petition :)

Major News Outlet is Interested in the Billboard Chart Petition :)

BIG NEWS guys. I was just contacted via email about a media opportunity regarding the petition I started about the new Billboard Chart changes. The petition has sort of stalled at just 625 signatures, sadly.

However, a MAJOR media outlet is interested in interviewing me about it

I thought I would share the good news. Maybe this will lead to something bigger. I will let you guys know what outlet it is as soon as everything is nailed down

Anyways, please continue sharing the petition. I know I've been super busy lately with life that I haven't been able to dedicate much time to it, but I plan on continuing it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/bill...r-b-rock-songs

Concert Stars
    Yay!!!! Go get 'em Jason!!!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Jason, if this interview does come to pass, please don't make it all about Carrie.

Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Jason, if this interview does come to pass, please don't make it all about Carrie.
    Of course. I know that. It's never been a Carrie issue. It's always been an industry issue.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    BIG NEWS guys. I was just contacted via email about a media opportunity regarding the petition I started about the new Billboard Chart changes. The petition has sort of stalled at just 625 signatures, sadly.

I thought I would share the good news. Maybe this will lead to something bigger. I will let you guys know what outlet it is as soon as everything is nailed down

Anyways, please continue sharing the petition. I know I've been super busy lately with life that I haven't been able to dedicate much time to it, but I plan on continuing it.

Congrats Jason. I know your hardwork, dedication and strong stand against the unfairness of of the new Billboard chart changes will pay off. Way to go.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I'm very excited to hear "someone" is interested in the injustice of it all - whether they believe in it or not!!!! Thanks for taking on and continuing the battle!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    I'm very excited to hear "someone" is interested in the injustice of it all - whether they believe in it or not!!!! Thanks for taking on and continuing the battle!!!!
    Well, I'll go ahead and say who it is, since the reporter did email me. It's with the New York Times. They're doing a piece on the Billboard issue. Hopefully it turns out to be a full fledged interview. I'll let you guys know

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well, I'll go ahead and say who it is, since the reporter did email me. It's with the New York Times. They're doing a piece on the Billboard issue. Hopefully it turns out to be a full fledged interview. I'll let you guys know
    That is awesome news - I'm so excited for you to have this opportunity to explain the injusice of it all!!!! I do wish you lots of luck and can hardly wait to see how its all going to unfold and thanks for promising to keep us posted!!!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is amazing! Thanks for the heads up!

Concert Stars
    This is great news Jason.

Concert Stars
    Good luck, Jason, we're behind you!!
    robinannhunt likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    That's great Jason! Perhaps you know already, but I'll mention this anyway. There are some very knowledgeable chart historians and chart followers over at Pulse and there are a number of nuggets that you can mine here for your interview:

Pulse Music Board - New Billboard Chart Methodology

The posts are quite focused on methodology and not so much on artists.

Good luck!
    opry051008 and robinannhunt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    That's great Jason! Perhaps you know already, but I'll mention this anyway. There are some very knowledgeable chart historians and chart followers over at Pulse and there are a number of nuggets that you can mine here for your interview:

Pulse Music Board - New Billboard Chart Methodology

The posts are quite focused on methodology and not so much on artists.

Good luck!
    Awesome! Thank you. I'll be working all weekend putting together all my research.

Concert Stars
    OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy about this for so many reasons-- but mostly for you!

You can use this as a talking piece for your E!News internship! lol

Let us know what happens!!

Concert Stars

wow NY Times!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gaycarebear likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    On "Saving Country Music", a poster (I think her name was "Susan") made what I consider a key point. She said that the inclusion of streaming and downloads (which most people support, as realistic in today's market) already tilts the data towards the younger audience (who, as Bill Werde said, can't be individually identified as Country, or General Music fans). Hence, given that built-in re-casting of the data, it's both unnecessary and undesirable to tilt it further in that direction by including the Pop airplay data as well. Without that, the new data would be a reasonable reflection of developing trends - but, with it, it risks becoming separated from the genre demand (I'm paraphrasing her point - but you can check the original post if you're interested)

That strikes me as an additional line to the points already discussed - and might be worth considering.

But it's exciting news that you've been asked to give an interview, Jason - congratulations!
    gaycarebear likes this.

Carrie Guru
    ^^ They don't care about us oldies who don't stream Farawayhills. lol.

Congrats Jason!!!

My advice, try not to use the words morons and asinine in your interview. j/k. lol.
    DizzyDollyDee and gaycarebear like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ^^ They don't care about us oldies who don't stream Farawayhills. lol.

Congrats Jason!!!

My advice, try not to use the words morons and asinine in your interview. j/k. lol.
    You can stream Farawayhills?! I searched Spotify and didn't find her. Is she there under another name? Farawayhills have you been holding out on us? Commas are important.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    You can stream Farawayhills?! I searched Spotify and didn't find her. Is she there under another name? Farawayhills have you been holding out on us? Commas are important.
    Punctuation, spelliing, math.... not my strong points. However gender association... Farawayhills - he.
    gaycarebear and Schrodinger like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Yes, I'm a he - but, no, any streaming featuring my stellar vocals would be rather difficult to track down - as they've unaccountably been rejected by all known sites as a waste of bandwidth and a blatant risk to their listeners' sanity (The CMA voters snubbed me too!)
    opry051008 and Schrodinger like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast