Target Special Edition: 15 + 2 Bonus tracks
    16. Take Me Away
    17. Thriller

Concert Stars
    Well, here we go.
    Good luck to you.
    And congrats on the single.

Concert Stars
    I hope he does well. I said it before & was laughed at, but I still think he has the biggest upside since Carrie.

Concert Stars
    My question is still how he stands out.
    Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz and J.Mayer came at a time when what they were doing was seen as a little offbeat and fresh.
    I am not sure if Phillip can add to that list in any way.
    It is going to have to come from the music there is no doubt about that.
    And he does have a very musician-type approach (which is what these other men have as well).
    So it's easier to sell a guy with his quirky guitar than to try to sell Daughtry as a legitimate Rock Star.
    But he can also be seen as just another Idol cast off if the single is not right.
    IT will be interesting to see.
    I think the single did well on it's own merit. I don't think "he" sold the single.
    He will need a signature single now.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Phillip's single "Home" has done much better than I had originally thought it would, and it has proven to have longevity. It's still going even now. I just have to wonder what the rest of the material sounds like. I hope for Phillip's sake that the material is decent.
    The label is really pushing those sales with three different versions of the album.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I will give him a listen, I thought he did a nice job on the national anthem last night.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm A Huge Fan Of Phillip's Can't Wait To Purchase This Album

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    phillip-single.jpg
    The rumored 2nd single - Where We Came From
    For real? No announcement at all from label or P2.
    and the song just go on sale now on iTunes, Amazon.
    Currently #248 all-genres (i hope it breaks top 100 today. now #248), and album (deluxe) #63
    If it breaks top100, I hope it gets at least a 20k first week sales.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Concert Stars
    He got his first "smear-story" last week when TMZ reported that his fathers Pawn shop is closing and he will not help to keep it open.
    My attitude on this kind of story is always divided. First, he shouldn't automatically feel obligated to save peoples lives around him just cause he suddenly has moeny in his pocket. People make thier own decisions and if the business is failing there must be management reasons that can not be fixed.

But second: This story is somewhat complicated by the fact that he and his family chose to highlight the pawn shop on the show so it does play a role in his ultimate success (however small), so it makes sense that it gets attention if it fails, and he subsequently refuses to assist in it's salvation.

The only real question for me is that the story reports that multiple attempts were made by the family to reach him for assistance and he refused to respond.
    If it were me, I might no respond either, but to be fair, his family played a central role in creating his image on the show so for him to be unresponsive now that the show is over is "out of charator" for what was being sold to the public on the show.
    Thats a problem!
    IF you are not that comfortable with your family that is fine. If there are internal problems that can not be resolved that is fine. But if you use a family image to launch yourself than that same image can come into question if it turns out to be untrue.
    Don't know, not pretending to. It will jsut be interesting to see how it goes.

Odd that a "2nd single" is being released without much fanfair.
    Also: Is this considered a "2nd single"? Or is it the "lead single" from his new album.

Carrie released IYH (and it was on her debut album) but JTTW was considered the "lead single" not the "2nd single".

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Phillip Phillips Predicted to Sell 140-160K Albums

That is a very nice opening week.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Phillip Phillips Predicted to Sell 140-160K Albums

That is a very nice opening week.
    It is. While Black Friday will be a blessing, it's also a curse, especially with Taylor Swift and 1D on the chart. Plus, Rihanna and Kid Rock have new albums out this week.

Carrie Guru
    ^^ Why is it a curse? It doesn't matter what the other albums sell, all that matters for Phillip are his own numbers. There is no expectation for him to match the numbers of those other well known artists.

Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    ^^ Why is it a curse? It doesn't matter what the other albums sell, all that matters for Phillip are his own numbers. There is no expectation for him to match the numbers of those other well known artists.
    Sigh.

I mean, he could have a higher placement on the chart if ti was perhaps a different week...................
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Sigh.

I mean, he could have a higher placement on the chart if ti was perhaps a different week...................
    It`s ok, in three weeks no one will care where he placed, all everyone will be looking at is his total sales numbers so I`d rather have P2 debut to take advantage of the Black Friday sales.

(Adam Lambert opened in the no.1 spot with Trespassing but has sold less than 200K).

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I listened to the album and I really like. It definitely has the Dave Matthew's Band influence, but also some Mumford and Sons, a dash of Everclear (on the first track) and even a little Dashboard Confessional in it. I think this album is a nice medium of commercial appeal while keeping the "artistic" music that Phil loves.

Concert Stars
    [QUOTE=pklongbeach;4385866]He got his first "smear-story" last week when TMZ reported that his fathers Pawn shop is closing and he will not help to keep it open.
    My attitude on this kind of story is always divided. First, he shouldn't automatically feel obligated to save peoples lives around him just cause he suddenly has moeny in his pocket. People make thier own decisions and if the business is failing there must be management reasons that can not be fixed.

There prob is a reason P2 doesn't want the pawn shop to remain open - perhaps he'd rather help his family in other ways and sees the pawn shop as a never ending money pit and doesn't want to contribute and would like to see his father pursue something else that he could help him with. There is always part of the story that is missing - we know that from following Carrie. P2 obviously loves his family .
    gocountrymusic likes this.

It`s ok, in three weeks no one will care where he placed, all everyone will be looking at is his total sales numbers so I`d rather have P2 debut to take advantage of the Black Friday sales.

(Adam Lambert opened in the no.1 spot with Trespassing but has sold less than 200K).

Agree with this. Yes to have the bragging rights to say that your album debuted at #1 is good, but at the end of the album run it's the total sales that will matter, and the certifications (gold/platinum) that come. And to add, yes, Adam Lambert's latest album did open at #1, but if I'm not mistaken he has the record as one of the albums to open at #1 with the lowest opening sales. Plus it has not even reached Gold yet and I don't think it will.
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I think this might be the first Idol album I will be buying..ever haha well besides Carrie/Kelly of course

Concert Stars
    he has a very radio friendly voice

Concert Stars

And Adam, much to the chagrin of the Glambots, quickly faded from the scene.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast