Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Brad Paisley invited Darius Rucker to join the Opry tonight, Oct. 2!

Brad Paisley invited Darius Rucker to join the Opry tonight, Oct. 2!

Congrats to Darius! I'm not completely on board with this, but I'm happy for him, nonetheless.

The Opry tweeted a few photos:

Brad.jpg
    Darius.jpg

Darius will be inducted on October 16 and it will be broadcast live on GAC.
    http://www.abc-7.com/story/19711454/...grand-ole-opry
    Last edited by gaycarebear; 10-02-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Congrats to Darius. He plays there a lot on his free time
    gaycarebear likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Congrats to Darius, really good guy.
    gaycarebear likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Darius is getting inducted on the 16th and it will air live on GAC.

Darius Rucker invited to join Grand Ole Opry - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Rucker will be inducted into the Opry on Oct. 16. That show will air live on GAC.
    gaycarebear and Ann055 like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Ok, I'm usually pretty good at picking up on the new Opry member. But I didn't see that one coming.
    DizzyDollyDee and glenn7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Ok, I'm usually pretty good at picking up on the new Opry member. But I didn't see that one coming.

I didn't either. I like him enough, but I never considered him Opry-worthy.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Who among the current artists today do you think are highly likely to get invited next after Darius? Thanks.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    There's a lot of misconceptions about Opry membership. Here is the official statement Opry Membership - Opry.com You have to want to be in the Opry and committed to it. It is an ongoing show and you are required to preform so many shows a year. I think the new requirement is 10 and you can now count the Tuesday night shows. In 1964 an artist had to perform 26 shows on a Friday or Saturday night at scale. This was a huge sacrifice, but the Orpy did not budge on the requirement and in December of 1964 let 12 top artists go. Fayfare's Opry Blog: Opry Drops 12 Top Stars--December 6, 1964. I seen a lot of comments about why this artist or that artist aren't members. It's because they aren't interested in being part of the Opry family. George Straight made it clear he was not willing to commit to the Opry and thus is not a member. Also members have to keep active to maintain there membership, it is not a lifetime thing. You are Opry alums, but not members. Thus the ridiculous fight on one of the forums when a poster said Garth Brooks was not an Opry member because he wasn't listed on the active membership role. Carrie has said that she went straight to the Opry after Idol letting everyone know she would perform or doing whatever to become a member of the family. She was completely dedicated to the Opry, she forged relationships with the members. In addition she was a new generation (the aging of Opry members is a big concern) , was a star, thus she became the youngest member of the Opry. One other misconception is the relationship between the Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame - there isn't one.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    congrats to him. His new single "True Believers" is awesome. He also has one of the best voices out there right now

Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Who among the current artists today do you think are highly likely to get invited next after Darius? Thanks.
    I really don't see anyone playing the Opry enough right now to justify membership. They usually add a female artist about every 4 to 5 years. And it has been 4 1/2 years since Carrie was invited. So it's about time for another female artist. As to who it might be, I really don't know. But even with limited commercial success, I could see them inviting Kellie Pickler as she has shown the most commitment to the Opry among female artist that are not members.

As to other artists that could have a chance if they showed the commitment, Jason Aldean might have had a chance if recent event had not happened. I could see Luke Bryan getting invited. I could also see Little Big Town being asked if they show the commitment.

Concert Stars
    I am really happy for him! Very very cool!

I really don't see anyone playing the Opry enough right now to justify membership. They usually add a female artist about every 4 to 5 years. And it has been 4 1/2 years since Carrie was invited. So it's about time for another female artist. As to who it might be, I really don't know. But even with limited commercial success, I could see them inviting Kellie Pickler as she has shown the most commitment to the Opry among female artist that are not members.

As to other artists that could have a chance if they showed the commitment, Jason Aldean might have had a chance if recent event had not happened. I could see Luke Bryan getting invited. I could also see Little Big Town being asked if they show the commitment.

What about Miranda and Taylor? I know I rarely hear of Taylor ever performing at the Opry.

Miranda doesn't really play there unless a special event

Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    What about Miranda and Taylor? I know I rarely hear of Taylor ever performing at the Opry.
    Certainly if Miranda did more shows, she would be considered. But I don't see Miranda on the Opry schedule very often. Taylor is very rarely on the Opry schedule. Plus there have to be questions right now about Taylor's commitment to country music. So I don't see her being considered at this time.
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

JB172, Ann055, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Taylor has performed once. I have a better chance than she does. And you're right, Miranda doesn't preform there much, unlike Blake. BTW have you seen how Trace Adkins invited him... too funny. As for who else, now you have me thinking. I'm going to go back over the performers list for last year or so and see who's been there, or it'll drive me crazy.
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Congrats Darius!!!

Carrie Guru
    I'm sure Darius must have been thinking that Brad was pranking him when he asked him to become a member. That was a really nice video. t4p.

Concert Stars
    Congrats to Darius!!!! I think Kellie P would be a fabulous choice!!!!
    Ann055 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    The invite was beautiful,one of the coolest ways I've seen the invitation. And it had to be Brad, perfect. And I think Darius did think he was being pranked. Congrats!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast