• 2 Post By supercarriefan
  • 1 Post By carebear4eva
  • 2 Post By cole
  • 1 Post By JB172
  • 1 Post By clh_hilary

Thread: Rihanna - Seventh Album Era

Concert Stars

Rihanna - Seventh Album Era

The girl is back like a true workaholic and churning out her seventh album! We dont know what it will be called yet, but people are speculating it will be 7 World Wonders. Her lead single "Diamonds (In the Sky)" dropped today, and I for one LOVE it! It is nice to hear her do positive love songs for once.

EXCLUSIVE: RIHANNA'S NEW ALBUM TITLED '7 WORLD WONDERS'?

Album drops in November!! She never slows down.
    Last edited by cole; 09-28-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I was wondering when we would get an announcement about her yearly album lol. Personally, I don't like this annual release idea. I have a hard time keeping straight which songs come from which albums.
    It's great for her fans, though.
    JB172 and Cps235 like this.

Are you serious???

Say what you want about Rihanna - her music, her uncreative songs, her overt sexuality, her poor live singing, etc., etc.

She works harder than all of the music industry pop together. GaGa likes to give off the impression that she never takes off a day, but honestly that's Rihanna. She's got an AMAZING work ethic. And one Chris Brown incident aside, she's kept the focus on her music no matter what, not who she's banging. She's never fallen out of clubs, missed appearances or given a ****ty concert.

Honestly, my hat goes off to you, RiRi. I don't know how the yearly album releases have affected her sales, but I am in awe of hard she works. And how long she's been doing it, and from how young an age. Amazing.
    cole likes this.

Concert Stars
    She started around the same time as Carrie, i think. And shes already on her 7th album! I worry about her actions, though. So many young people end up dead because of drug-related problems.
    supercarriefan and Cps235 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I was wondering when we would get an announcement about her yearly album lol. Personally, I don't like this annual release idea. I have a hard time keeping straight which songs come from which albums.
    It's great for her fans, though.

My guess is that she has tons of songs in the "can", because nobody IMO can roll out album after album like she does with as much time she spends looking for attention the way she does in public.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    My guess is that she has tons of songs in the "can", because nobody IMO can roll out album after album like she does with as much time she spends looking for attention the way she does in public.
    Exactly. The material from the last few albums has all been quite similar. I wonder if she just recorded a bunch of stuff at one point, so she would be able to release each year for who knows how long.

She may be a hard-worker, but she is getting a reputation for being a hard-partier as well. A person can only keep up this pace for so long before something has got to give. I hope for Rihanna's sake that she realizes she needs to slow down at some point before it's too late.

Concert Stars
    The album is appropriately titled Unapologetic. It opened with 238k, becoming her very first #1 album on the Billboard 200.

And her 12th #1 on the Hot 100, "Diamonds", has spent its second week on top.

On the global charts, her album opened with a massive 497.000 copies at #1, with "Diamonds" likewise spending its second week on top. Exactly a year ago, "Talk That Talk" opened atop the chart with more than half a million copies sold while "We Found Love" (Featuring Calvin Harris) spent its fifth week at #1. She has had 10 global #1's:

"SOS"
    "Umbrella" (Featuring Jay-Z)
    "Don't Stop The Music"
    "Take A Bow"
    "Rude Boy"
    "Love The Way You Lie" (With Eminem in lead)
    "Only Girl (In The World)"
    "S&M" (Featuring Britney Spears)
    "We Found Love" (Featuring Calvin Harris)
    "Diamonds"

She's now the second-biggest female hitmaker in global Pop music history.
    cole likes this.

•