Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Geroge Strait Press Conference

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar

Geroge Strait Press Conference

King George is having a press conference at 12:35 CT today at the Country Music Hall of Fame. You can go to his website and they will be streaming it. I really hope he is not announcing his retirement. I will be heartbroken.
    Ann055 and Suellen like this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Maybe a new display of his life.

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar
    I hope so Robin. That would be awesome. I've heard rumblings that he is doing a tour next year. Just makes me wonder if he is going to do a farewell tour.

Ann055 likes this.

if George does retire i can't say i blaim him, i mean think about last year they gave the top cma award to someone who is clearly pop, and now they nominated a pop artist that only had 1 song that was a country re-mix for female vocalist during the elgibility period of the 2012 cmas. and plus too me it seems that country RADIO love songs about Beer and/or trucks, and not to mention that people actually think that WANEGBT is saving country music, is a complete and total joke, when the only thing country about the song, is that it has a truck in the music video, shoot call me maybe has a truck in the music video, is that song saving country music also? oh look there is a truck in the music video, or look this person has a cup/bottle of beer in his/her hand... yep this song is 100% country.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    if George does retire i can't say i blaim him, i mean think about last year they gave the top cma award to someone who is clearly pop, and now they nominated a pop artist that only had 1 song that was a country re-mix for female vocalist during the elgibility period of the 2012 cmas. and plus too me it seems that country RADIO love songs about Beer and/or trucks, and not to mention that people actually think that WANEGBT is saving country music, is a complete and total joke, when the only thing country about the song, is that it has a truck in the music video, shoot call me maybe has a truck in the music video, is that song saving country music also? oh look there is a truck in the music video, or look this person has a cup/bottle of beer in his/her hand... yep this song is 100% country.
    That's it, a sure number one -TS sings about breaking up with a guy because he wrecked her truck after a high school kegger.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    He loves TS, it's Carrie he seems to legitimately have a problem with...
    Becca

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I don't blame him for wanting to slow down. The man has had a very long and successful career. He deserves to take some time to enjoy his family, and enjoy his life. He isn't completely retiring, just taking things at a slower pace. I highly doubt he is choosing to tour less because of the current state of country music lol.

Wow...nice to see that someone can manage to bring Taylor into this even when she isn't even remotely connected to the subject . Why does nearly every thread here have to reference Ms Swift?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I don't blame him for wanting to slow down. The man has had a very long and successful career. He deserves to take some time to enjoy his family, and enjoy his life. He isn't completely retiring, just taking things at a slower pace. I highly doubt he is choosing to tour less because of the current state of country music lol.Wow...nice to see that someone can manage to bring Taylor into this even when she isn't even remotely connected to the subject . Why does nearly every thread here have to reference Ms Swift?
    Come on Meg, you should know that Taylor is the cause of every problem that the world has.

Carrie Guru
    According to the report, he is going to tour one last time -- Sucks !! This means that he is to be nominated for Entertainer of the year next year.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    According to the report, he is going to tour one last time -- Sucks !! This means that he is to be nominated for Entertainer of the year next year.
    He is going to be touring for two more years (2013 & 2014).
    Mirasa45A likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Come on Meg, you should know that Taylor is the cause of every problem that the world has.
    Wait a few months, we'll find out she has a 666 birthmark under all that hair and she is obviously the antichrist
    JB172 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Marie2011, you've really got to get a grip. Whether you realize it or not you're obsessed with Taylor.
    Last edited by opry051008; 09-26-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Wait a few months, we'll find out she has a 666 birthmark under all that hair and she is obviously the antichrist
    NHL lockout, Taylor's fault.

So is the whole NFL refs mess, lol.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This thread is cracking me up. It's wonderful that we've established that Taylor is the cause of all the problems in the world lol. It's also great that this thread is meant to discuss George Strait, yet people are blaming Taylor for his slow down and thinking only about the possibilites for EOTY next year lol.
    George Strait is a country music icon. The man has achieved wonderful things in his career that don't have a darn thing to do with Taylor or Carrie lol. It is sad that he is slowing down because I'm sure there are fans of his that haven't been able to take in a show, and this lessens the chance they will ever get to do that. Again, he's not retiring, so I don't think the country community will make a huge deal out of it like they did with Brooks & Dunn's split. George is still going to make new music and tour on a smaller scale. This is just his last big tour.

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Becca
    Say WHATTTTT?????!!!! Where have I been? Can't say that I even had a clue...
    Marie2011 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Becca
    Really? Do you have a source for that. Why would he have a problem with Carrie? The ye old IA - no dues thing?

Carrie Guru
    OMG, so she's really Gary Bettman's daughter.
    nccountrygal and abbeyjones18 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Really? Do you have a source for that. Why would he have a problem with Carrie? The ye old IA - no dues thing?
    When Carrie won her first EOTY award at the ACM's he did not appear to be happy that she won. His facial expression was very telling and he appeared to be mad as hell that she won.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast