Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Ann055

Thread: Can Country Music Make A Comeback on New York Radio?

Can Country Music Make A Comeback on New York Radio?

Can Country Music Make a Comeback on New York Radio? - FishbowlNY

Carrie is mentioned in the article a few times.

Concert Stars
    How I wish NYC had some country radio stations; I live right across the river from New York City (New Jersey) and we only have one country radio station coming from South Jersey and half of the time its static (and you can only listen to it while you are in your car).

Concert Stars
    Ironic though that the song they use to point out that Country is more Popculture now than ever is a song that the country community seems to hate.
    That is the big frustration for so many of us who listen to country music.
    Taylor Swift, because she is on a country label, gets lumped into a genre of music that she is not participating in, so it squews the numbers greatly.
    Oh well, I am certainly surprised that there are not enough country listeners in NY.

Concert Stars
    ^^ Right ! I have to laugh they use Taylor Swift as an example of country music - sorry to break it to you but her latest song despite the paid for record breaking debut has moved backwards down the chart and has only moved up from a song going off the chart , it's pretty much stalled for weeks now and her songs never did that great anyway having to have huge pushes by the label to get the few that did get to the top the push to get over the fence- That's the problem with saying she's country when she's not - the stats belong to country but it was mostly a POP audience who bought her music so it skews the image of country success

•