Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Schrodinger

Thread: Help. New Music Suggestions

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Help. New Music Suggestions

Need some suggestion for other music I might like. I’m very eclectic in my taste; from classical to country. Just no rap or hip-hop.

Okay on country –no problem there, same with jazz. Rock I could use some ideas. Of course I’m old school, Pink Floyd, Queen, Aerosmith, Melissa, Etheridge to name a few. Currently I listen to mostly symphonic metal like: Within Temptation, Daline, Nightwish & Epica. Really like Evanescence and We Are the Fallen, no surprise there, but they lost their record deal. Also like Green Day and Linkin Park really like 3 Doors down, but is that rock? I don’t care for .fun

It’s pop that is the problem. Favorite is Kelly, I really like Coldplay (is it pop, alternative rock, pop rock Martians’ disco – who knows) I like Train. Some Maroon 5 stuff & Matchbox Twenty. Can’t take Pink, Katy Perry or Carly Rae Jepsen. I know I’m committing musical heresy but I can take or leave Adele. Love Norah Jones – My oldest daughter’s name is Miriam and that song freaks here out every time she hears it.

Some additional stuff – Sarah Mclaughlin, Jewel older than country, Dido, Anna Nalick “Break of the Day” was great. She just released “Broken Doll & Odds & Ends” Like Celtic – Loreena Mckennitt; Clannad & Enya. You might notice that a lot of the artists are women, that’s because most of the male artists I currently like are country. Have to go back a ways to find male pop singers I really like.

I usually get input from the kids, but the older two aren’t really into much pop and my youngest thinks Katy Perry is cool.

BTW I found Pandora to be of no help. Spotify and Mog are some. Maybe I'm just too picky and they aren't too many other newer artists.

Any suggestions?
    cole likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Fun.!!!! they're awesome.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    You have very diverse tastes! Hmm...i dont think you would like any super new artists that are popular...but, you might like Bon Iver. He just won Best New Artist at the grammys. He kind of has a soft, folk-like indie rock sound.

Stuff like this.

•