• 2 Post By allamericangirl8
  • 2 Post By Daraebe
  • 1 Post By Jade_kt
  • 2 Post By allamericangirl8
  • 1 Post By Mirasa45A

Thread: New Aerosmith

Concert Stars

New Aerosmith

For anyone interested you can hear two of the songs from the new album (not Carries duet) here:

Listen: Aerosmith release Lover A Lot | Music & Videos | Classic Rock

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for the link....Steven's voice is certainly in fine form. Love it.

Concert Stars
    So out of the three songs we've heard so far, what do you guys think?

Personally, I was a bit worried about Legendary Child. It sounded like something straight from Get a Grip, which is great, but I wanted something new. Lover Alot once again sounds like the past. Though they are both excellent songs. I adore What Could Have Been Love. It's just gorgeous. Steven's still in tip-top shape.

But yeah, I'm in love with What Could Have Been Love, and I really like Legendary Child and Lover Alot (the latter being especially catchy). Here's to hoping it fares well on the airwaves and in sales.
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I really like what I am hearing. I think it is just what the fans have been itching for. Steven is my age and I am in awe of how his voice has held up to all of those high pitched screams of his. I used to have a really nice soprano and I struggle just trying to sing a few hymns on Sundays now. I am amazed because my throat tightens right up these days. I am only good for something midrange now and it is not a pleasure to sing when you are struggling to produce the once easy notes. Kudos to him.....really looking forward to the lbum, especially the duet

Concert Stars
    I love the songs-- all 3! And when I saw Aerosmith a month ago-- they were so freakin' great!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post

Personally, I was a bit worried about Legendary Child. It sounded like something straight from Get a Grip, which is great, but I wanted something new. Lover Alot once again sounds like the past. Though they are both excellent songs. I adore What Could Have Been Love. It's just gorgeous. Steven's still in tip-top shape.

But yeah, I'm in love with What Could Have Been Love, and I really like Legendary Child and Lover Alot (the latter being especially catchy). Here's to hoping it fares well on the airwaves and in sales.
    I like it

Concert Stars
    so glad you like them! Legendary Child was really good live too.

Aerofanatic said he is still confident that the Carrie duet will be a single, but he thinks it will be released later on after this round of singles, obviously. I think it could be due to the fact that Carrie has a single about to head into the top 10. Perhaps they will time it so that the duet will come out when one of her songs is about to peak, etc-- so they won't compete.

Concert Stars
    I really hope Can't Stop Loving You won't affect the number of singles Carrie releases from Blown Away. I want six singles.

Aerosmith's material, though, is much better than the other classic rockers on the rock chart right now (better than KISS, Motley Crue, and yes, better than Slash, though if Slash releases Anastasia, that's different). Is WCHBL getting released on pop radio?

I really hope Can't Stop Loving You won't affect the number of singles Carrie releases from Blown Away. I want six singles.

Aerosmith's material, though, is much better than the other classic rockers on the rock chart right now (better than KISS, Motley Crue, and yes, better than Slash, though if Slash releases Anastasia, that's different). Is WCHBL getting released on pop radio?

WCHBL is released to pop radio and Lover Alot to rock
    allamericangirl8 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bearball49 View Post
    I really like what I am hearing. I think it is just what the fans have been itching for. Steven is my age and I am in awe of how his voice has held up to all of those high pitched screams of his. I used to have a really nice soprano and I struggle just trying to sing a few hymns on Sundays now. I am amazed because my throat tightens right up these days. I am only good for something midrange now and it is not a pleasure to sing when you are struggling to produce the once easy notes. Kudos to him.....really looking forward to the lbum, especially the duet
    Yes, Steven's voice is still good .

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraebe View Post
    WCHBL is released to pop radio and Lover Alot to rock
    Thank you. I don't see WCHBL reaching its potential on the radio, especially seeing as this is pop radio. But I don't know. We'll see.

Concert Stars
    Anybody that supports Carrie, I'll check out their music and if I like it, I'll buy it. Aerosmith seems like a kewl guy even w/ all his problems. So I'll more than likely go buy his album when it comes out, especially to hear the Carrie duet.

Concert Stars
    Just listened to Lover Alot. Not a big fan of that song but I like "What could have been Love" alot. Unless it's just a completely mess of an album, which it doesn't seem, I plan on getting the album. Plus the older artists seem to desire some love as it seems only the young artists get any love from the radio, media, etc nowadays.
    allamericangirl8 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    Anybody that supports Carrie, I'll check out their music and if I like it, I'll buy it. Aerosmith seems like a kewl guy even w/ all his problems. So I'll more than likely go buy his album when it comes out, especially to hear the Carrie duet.
    Aerosmith's a band.

Concert Stars
    Aerosmith's a band.
    Sorry but bad...lol. I just equate Aerosmith w/ Steven Tyler since he's the lead singer....lol. Sorry about the typo

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    Sorry but bad...lol. I just equate Aerosmith w/ Steven Tyler since he's the lead singer....lol. Sorry about the typo
    it's like saying "Rolling Stones" with Mick Jagger Mick Jagger is the Rolling Stones: without Mick Jagger, there's no Rolling Stones

Concert Stars
    Looks like this song will be on the album. If so, I will probably get the album...lol:

Aerosmith - Legendary Child - YouTube

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    it's like saying "Rolling Stones" with Mick Jagger Mick Jagger is the Rolling Stones: without Mick Jagger, there's no Rolling Stones
    However without Keith, the Rolling Stones are a terrible band.

When you have a band, everyone is extremely important. Imagine Rush without Neil Peart or Black Sabbath without Tony Iommi or Led Zeppelin without Jimmy Page. You can't, can you?

And in some cases, the lead singer is the most expendable one. Iron Maiden, Rainbow, and Black Sabbath, for instance, have gone through 3+ singers in their careers.

@Jade, yes, that song will. I love the music video. My favorite since Jaded.
    Jade_kt and Mirasa45A like this.

Concert Stars
    Also, random fact about the Rolling Stones: both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards share a co-write on every single Rolling Stones song (save the covers). They wrote 95% of the material together. For the other five percent, Mick and Keith shared a co-write with a third person.

<steps down from soap box>

Carrie Guru
    Also, random fact about the Rolling Stones: both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards share a co-write on every single Rolling Stones song (save the covers). They wrote 95% of the material together. For the other five percent, Mick and Keith shared a co-write with a third person.

<steps down from soap box>
    I love the Rolling Stones -- I have almost all of their "Long Play" . I love this song

allamericangirl8 likes this.

•