Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Randy Travis arrested again

Concert Stars

Randy Travis arrested again

Mirasa45A, Pi314CA, Ann055 and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Randy needs to get himself into rehab before he goes out kills someone and/or kills himself.
    supercarriefan and opry051008 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Randy needs to get himself into rehab before he goes out kills someone and/or kills himself.
    Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for him.
    JB172, rainbow1 and Pi314CA like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I think his ex-wife/manager really worked at keeping him grounded and sober. Just because of the bar scene venues where performers hang out and perform, it seems to be a very steep slope to fall into.It seems that each year we see one or more talented performers putting themselves into rehab.His ex knew the pitfalls all too well since she saw the problem from every angle. She formerly owned the local CW venue here in Charlotte where she discovered Randy. I do know from attending many concerts there that it is the norm to see the entertainers drinking throughout their sets. When you stop and think the bus rolls on to the next venue and the situation repeats on an almost nightly basis. The drinking and drugs was so normal that they craved the chance to golf or lift weights with someone that didn't want soething from them. Many a time when my son was assistant manager there, he was asked if he would take someone golfing or out on the lake in the boat......just REAL stuff we all take for granted. I think someone that cares about Randy may need to do an intervention before it costs him more than his career. So sad to see somone slide into the bottle like that. I truly hope he gets the help he needs to get clean and sober, what a waste of life and talent. I will keep him in my prayers.

Concert Stars
    Yeah, I am always so conflicted with situations like this where the person is not just putting themselves in danger but innocent people and family and friends all suffer as well.
    I grew up in an alchololic household so I know how to be detached and hold someone responsible for their actions without letting emotions get in the way.
    But the truth is, it is just very sad for someone like him. Clearly he is an emotional person who is suffering himself.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for him.
    One would hope so.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I really hope Randy gets the help he needs. He's such a great talent, and he seems like a wonderful, caring person. I pray he can get help before it's too late.

It would be a real shame to see his reputation tarnished like so many celebrities with addiction before him. Best of luck to him.
    supercarriefan and Cps235 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I was wondering if Carrie had cut ties with Randy. Maybe she & Mike can help find a place for Randy to go & get SERIOUSLY dried out so that he doesn't end up killing himself,or someone else,or both.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Cannot listen to I Told You So normally now ... T_T
    robinannhunt likes this.

Concert Stars
    Poor Randy. He is the number 1 trending topic on twitter. lol

I hope he is ok though. It is hard not to find it a wee bit amusing due to the naked part. lol But he clearly needs to go to rehab, poor guy.

His mug shot is classic. Gonna go into the mug shot hall of fame I fear.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by GMRR View Post
    I was wondering if Carrie had cut ties with Randy. Maybe she & Mike can help find a place for Randy to go & get SERIOUSLY dried out so that he doesn't end up killing himself,or someone else,or both.
    Agree it would be nice if Carrie reached out to him.

Charlie Daniels just tweeted him some love and support.

Carrie still sings I Told You So at the Opry all the time, and still seems to love him. I doubt she would ever cut ties with him.

She is not judgmental like that. She loves Keith Urban and toured with him right after his rehab.

I don't think Carrie is the type to ever cut someone off like that.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    The problem is not Randy's friends but Randy himself. You can't "help" someone who does not want help. Let's hope Randy wants the help this time.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    The problem is not Randy's friends but Randy himself. You can't "help" someone who does not want help. Let's hope Randy wants the help this time.
    Robin, you couldn't be more right about that.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Poor Randy. He is the number 1 trending topic on twitter. lol

I hope he is ok though. It is hard not to find it a wee bit amusing due to the naked part. lol But he clearly needs to go to rehab, poor guy.

His mug shot is classic. Gonna go into the mug shot hall of fame I fear.
    His mug shot is almost up there with Nick Nolte's.
    robinannhunt likes this.

Concert Stars
    I feel so horrible about this. He has a drinking problem and needs to get help!!!! My husband's family has alcoholics in the family and it is sad to see the downward progression a person has to go before they reach bottom. I hope he gets help before he injures himself or someone else. He needs an intervention.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    In my experience an intervention is only temporary.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    In my experience an intervention is only temporary.
    I agree, he has to want to change and stop drinking. But I hope that he decides to change before something tragic happens.
    rainbow1 and robinannhunt like this.

Concert Stars
    Well the only thing Carrie can do for him is be supportive and a friend. Making changes in his life though is going to have to be something he has to want to do for himself. Hopefully he does something before he kills himself or someone else. I think ever since his divorce his life has kind of spiraled out of control.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    Well the only thing Carrie can do for him is be supportive and a friend. Making changes in his life though is going to have to be something he has to want to do for himself. Hopefully he does something before he kills himself or someone else. I think ever since his divorce his life has kind of spiraled out of control.
    I think you are right. It is a real shame to see somebody spiral out of control. He is by all accounts a really good guy who clearly has a problem. I pray that he can get things back under control.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    There was a really nice piece, sympathetic to his situation, written about him.....that I saw on Twitter today.
    Ann055 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast