Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 84
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Little Big Town - "Tornado" Era

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars

    Little Big Town - "Tornado" Era

    Little Big Town has released the title and release date for their next album. The album is called "Tornado" and it hits on September 11.
    As I'm sure everyone knows, the lead single, "Pontoon", is storming up the country charts. It is already at #18 on Mediabase, and still doing very well. "Pontoon" is the band's first single to top the Nielson Soundscan Digital Country Songs chart, with sales of over 430,000 as of July 11.

    Here's the cover art:

  • #2
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,885
    Concert Stars
    Ok, so here is where I have feelings and comments that I really want to make but don't feel I can.
    So I am just going to say this: AUGH!

  • #3
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Love the title and tracklisting (some great writers on there). That photo is super boring, though. With a title like "Tornado," they could've done something much more interesting.
    JB172 likes this.

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Ok, so here is where I have feelings and comments that I really want to make but don't feel I can.
    So I am just going to say this: AUGH!
    If you want comment, go ahead. No one is stopping you. Honestly, it's more frustrating for you to just comment "Augh!" instead of actually expressing yourself.
    However, you know if I happen to disagree with you, I will state my opinions .

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Here's the tracklisting:
    1. "Pavement Ends" (Jason Saenz/Brent Cobb)
    2. "Pontoon" (Barry Dean/Natalie Hemby/Luke Laird)
    3. "Sober" (Liz Rose/Hillary Lindsey/Lori McKenna)
    4. "Front Porch Thing" (Chris Stapleton/Adam Hood)
    5. "On Your Side of the Bed" (Lori McKenna/Karen Fairchild/Jimi Westbrook/Kimberly Schlapman/Phillip Sweet)
    6. "Leavin' in Your Eyes" (Brett Warren/Brad Warren/Jay Joyce/J.Westbrook/K.Fairchild/K.Schlapman)
    7. "Tornado" (Natalie Hemby/Delta Made)
    8. "On Fire Tonight" (Luke Laird/P.Sweet/J.Westbrook/K.Fairchild/K.Schlapman)
    9. "Can't Go Back" (Natalie Hemby/Kate York/Rosi Golan)
    10. "Self Made" (Natalie Hemby/Jedd Hughes/J.Westbrook/K.Fairchild)
    11. "Night Owl" (Natalie Hemby/J.Westbrook/K.Fairchild/K.Schlapman/P.Sweet)
    Farawayhills likes this.

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan thunder92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    4,891
    Concert Stars
    Cool. I love Little Big Town. I have never bought any of their albums though but this will probably be one I do buy!
    They are definitely one of, if not the most, underrated bands.

  • #7
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,000
    Concert Stars
    Am I the only going 'Tornado' ? right on top of Carrie's release 'Blown Away' about a tornado.

    I love LBTs harmonies.None sweeter in music.
    Really want to hear the whole thing, but especially 'On Your Side of the Bed'.The Lori McKenna song.
    Last edited by maddkat; 07-18-2012 at 10:15 AM.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Raleigh , North Carolina
    Posts
    3,678
    Concert Stars
    Interesting album title and I agree the cover is kind of boring. Anways, I like Little Big Town so I am interested in hearing this album. I hope their current song does well for them.

  • #9
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,885
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    If you want comment, go ahead. No one is stopping you. Honestly, it's more frustrating for you to just comment "Augh!" instead of actually expressing yourself.
    However, you know if I happen to disagree with you, I will state my opinions .
    Ok here goes:
    You know how possessive I can be.
    You know how perfect I want everything for Carrie.
    You know I am going to come down on anything that is remotely "taking thunder" from Carrie, wether intentional (which obviously this is not) or otherwise.

    Why Why oh Why did their album have to be titled Tornado? AAAUUUGGGHHH!

    And this is coming from a place in my head and heart that really likes them alot.
    (and thank God they did not go with a cover that would be indicitive of a storm approaching)

    But I want Carries Album and cover and title to be entirely inspiring. Like no other. Completely fresh.
    (that said understanding that there have been many albums in the past with this same motif)

    Anyway, I just can't believe its called "TORNADO".

    I would have loved it if Carrie had not already done a tornado themed Album cover and title and title track.

    Now that said: I am aware that Carrie did the same incidental thing with her album title Carnival Ride when Sugarland had their album "................." (help me out here), And I didn't like that much either.
    And I know it is purely coincidence. I just wish it didn't happen.
    There that was not too bad right?
    And thanks for letting me vent.
    Now go ahead and tell me how obsessed I am. (Cause sometimes its true, wink)
    teesharky likes this.

  • #10
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Oh goodness.

    Nobody knows when LBT had the title of the album picked out in fact they could have had the name "Tornado" picked out before Carrie decided to go with "Blown Away".

    I am SURE that LBT didn't pick that title because of what Carrie named her album, there is NO point in bring it up if you claim that you think it is a coincidence.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

  • #11
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,582
    Cannot wait for this album - these guys are one of my favorite groups. WAY too underrated!

  • #12
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlandgirl4life View Post
    Cannot wait for this album - these guys are one of my favorite groups. WAY too underrated!
    They are very underrated, their biggest problem is that they came around at the wrong time and have had to contend with Rascal Flatts, Lady A and ZBB.
    supercarriefan likes this.

  • #13
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Ok here goes:
    You know how possessive I can be.
    You know how perfect I want everything for Carrie.
    You know I am going to come down on anything that is remotely "taking thunder" from Carrie, wether intentional (which obviously this is not) or otherwise.

    Why Why oh Why did their album have to be titled Tornado? AAAUUUGGGHHH!

    And this is coming from a place in my head and heart that really likes them alot.
    (and thank God they did not go with a cover that would be indicitive of a storm approaching)

    But I want Carries Album and cover and title to be entirely inspiring. Like no other. Completely fresh.
    (that said understanding that there have been many albums in the past with this same motif)

    Anyway, I just can't believe its called "TORNADO".

    I would have loved it if Carrie had not already done a tornado themed Album cover and title and title track.

    Now that said: I am aware that Carrie did the same incidental thing with her album title Carnival Ride when Sugarland had their album "................." (help me out here), And I didn't like that much either.
    And I know it is purely coincidence. I just wish it didn't happen.
    There that was not too bad right?
    And thanks for letting me vent.
    Now go ahead and tell me how obsessed I am. (Cause sometimes its true, wink)
    I'm glad you got that off your chest lol. I knew exactly what your issue was when you posted the "augh". Now, you already know I'm not going to agree with you .

    I could see your point if LBT's album cover had a stormy theme, but the album cover is anything but stormy. It is just a very pretty photo of the band. Carrie doesn't own the word "tornado" just because she has a song about a tornado lol. There have been songs in country music in the past that have used various weather references to convey emotion, and certainly no one is suggesting Carrie copied them.
    We haven't even heard the actual song from which the album title was taken. It could be vastly different from "Blown Away", and odds are it is different. Furthermore, Natalie Hemby and Delta Made could have wrote the song long before BA even came about.
    LBT seem like very nice, reasonable people, and I'm sure they've had this roll-out for their album cover and tracklist planned for quite a while. They likely named their album before "Blown Away" even became a single.
    Carrie's album cover and the album itself are both inspiring. They both contain elements Carrie hasn't tried before, and no one can take that away from her. She has already had her album roll-out with lots of fanfare about how unique the album cover is, and how great the music is.

    As for the Carnival Ride/Enjoy The Ride incident you mentioned, the same thing happened in pop music when Pink released "Funhouse" and Britney released "Circus". Kelly C had wanted to name her fourth album "Masquerade", but changed it to "All I Ever Wanted" due to the similar theme to Pink and Britney's album titles.

    I think, Patrick, that you want to find reasons sometimes as to why Carrie has it harder than anyone else in music. The fact is she doesn't. She is in a great place in her career, and in her life in general for that matter. You said yourself that you know this is a coincidence, so why let it get you all upset? Just smile, and enjoy what is sure to be a great album from LBT in September.

  • #14
    Ultimate Carrie Fan CUFan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    8,762
    Concert Stars
    Those songwriters are many of my favorites, this is going to be a great album. I'm hoping the production is quality. I am a bit confused with the album title/cover combination. They couldn't go together less...

  • #15
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,885
    Concert Stars
    I'm not trying to say its hard on her or anything like that.
    This is purely selfish on my part.
    "I" want it to be uniquely special.
    ha ha.

  • #16
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,496
    Concert Stars
    I am a bit surprised they called it Tornado since Carrie just released Blown AWay about a tornado too, and named her album after it. Odd coincidence. ha ha

    I love LBT though so I am sure the song is nothing like Blown Away.

    But the djs on sirius radio today commented that we are heading into stormy weather lately, ie- they mentioned Storm Warning, Blown Away, and Tornado. So they see the connection too. ha ha
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

  • #17
    Obsessed Carrie Fan ARLENEANNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elbe WA
    Posts
    1,001
    Concert Stars
    all I can think of is "My little Texas TORNADO BLOWiNg me AWAY again..."

    hahahah
    teesharky likes this.

  • #18
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Wow, they've got a list of powerhouse writers here. The cover is nice, but a bit plain considering the album
    title. I've loved a few of their singles (especially "Kiss Goodbye," which is criminally underated). It's been a few years since I saw them with Carrie, but I'll always remember how floored I was. One, if not the best, live act I've seen.

    I'm also digging "Pontoon" more with each listen. The perfect summer tune.

  • #19
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Wow, they've got a list of powerhouse writers here. The cover is nice, but a bit plain considering the album
    title. I've loved a few of their singles (especially "Kiss Goodbye," which is criminally underated). It's been a few years since I saw them with Carrie, but I'll always remember how floored I was. One, if not the best, live act I've seen.

    I'm also digging "Pontoon" more with each listen. The perfect summer tune.
    I really like the "Pontoon" video.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

  • #20
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Wow, they've got a list of powerhouse writers here. The cover is nice, but a bit plain considering the album
    title. I've loved a few of their singles (especially "Kiss Goodbye," which is criminally underated). It's been a few years since I saw them with Carrie, but I'll always remember how floored I was. One, if not the best, live act I've seen.

    I'm also digging "Pontoon" more with each listen. The perfect summer tune.
    I agree about Kiss Goodbye. I love that song...one of my favorites from the last album.
    Pontoon is really doing well, and people seem to love it. I only hope that the other songs on the album resonate just as much with the public. With the last album, Little White Church did fairly well and people seemed to like it, but radio and the public didn't really connect with the other singles.
    As you said, they are a wonderful live act, and I wish them all the successful in the world with this album. They are truly one of the best groups out there, and their harmonies are to die for.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.


  •  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •