Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: John Mayer: Taylor Swift's 'Dear John' song humiliated me

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars

John Mayer: Taylor Swift's 'Dear John' song humiliated me

John Mayer says that he was "really humiliated" by Taylor Swift's song "Dear John," which the country-pop star allegedly wrote about him. "It made me feel terrible," Mayer says in the new issue of Rolling Stone, on newsstands Friday. "Because I didn't deserve it. I'm pretty good at taking accountability now, and I never did anything to deserve that. It was a really lousy thing for her to do."
    Rest of article at link: John Mayer: Taylor Swift's 'Dear John' song humiliated me - MSN Music News

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is already being discussed in the Taylor thread

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    This is already being discussed in the Taylor thread
    Oops! Than mods can delete if they wish.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    John Mayer is gross. SWSRN is just as gross for hooking up with him. I agree that it is tacky to write songs about people and IMO that is why SWSRN does the media-dating - so she can write songs about famous people, keep her name in the news and try and get sympathy when they dump her. It is time that SWSRN realizes it really is HER and not THEM that is the problem.
    Marie2011, Pi314CA and DaisyTweets like this.

Concert Stars
    I feel like when CC came it people thought it was about Tony Romo if my memory is correct..lol
    clh_hilary likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUnderwoodismyHero View Post
    I feel like when CC came it people thought it was about Tony Romo if my memory is correct..lol

yeah...

Concert Stars
    Yeah, but it wasn't.
    She made that very clear.
    TS made it very clear that it was about JM. Not the same thing.

Concert Stars
    If he was all that hurt then why is he kicking the dead horse again?
    I'll answer my own question... LOL
    BECAUSE ITS GREAT FREE PUBLICITY THAT'S WHY...
    For him and Swifty... All either cares about is to be as famous as possible... So this works well for both of them....

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Someone should ask Jessica Simpson what she thinks about what it is like being humilated.
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    For him and Swifty... All either cares about is to be as famous as possible... So this works well for both of them....
    To Russ' point -- Megyn Kelly of Fox News' 'America Live' today, had a small segment on this. She actually sided with John, basically because he likes her, her looks, and her intelligence, etc. Although, it wasn't a 'serious' segment, it's still publicity. I'm sure it will be on many TV shows and in tabloids.
    Mirasa45A and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by 12russ79 View Post
    It is interesting that he never had anything to say about the song until he just happens to have an album out.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Someone should ask Jessica Simpson what she thinks about what it is like being humilated.
    Amen!!! John is a jerk who's acting like he's above everyone. He has a reputation for treating women like dirt, and now he's whining because karma finally caught up with him.

I don't say this often, but Mayer deserved this.

How ironic that John starts whining the minute he's called out, yet he doesn't know a damn thing about treating women with respect.
    JB172, Carrie&Taylor and Pi314CA like this.

But I do think Swifty was the one who dumps people. Mayer was dump to date her (Well he basically dates everybody, just like Swift) as they were a lot of victims in the name of Swifty's 'love' already. This must be a first for him to be used as a tool.
    pklongbeach and Marie2011 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Both John Mayer and Taylor have NO CLASS !
    DaisyTweets and pklongbeach like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I don't think it is cute any longer that she writes songs about guys she has dated. She's not 16 any longer.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    It is interesting that he never had anything to say about the song until he just happens to have an album out.
    Perhaps no one asked him about it till now? As I recall, for the past year or so he's been struggling with vocal cord issues, surgery and canceled tours and that was the news people were interested in. Look, I'm in no way defending John's actions or treatment of other women just addressing your comment. Can't respond if not asked about it!
    supercarriefan and HuiZ like this.

Concert Stars
    Exactly.
    And of course it comes out when he has an album to promote. That is when it "is" appropriate to talk to the media and answer the questions they have. And of couse he knew questions about this song were going to surface.
    Again, he answered the questions honestly (as far as I could tell) I don't know how that makes me, him, or anyone a hypocrite.
    Was he humiliated? Sure. I'm sure he was. So he was honest. Did he learn something about his private life being exposed by someone else and how violated that feels. Yes, I'm sure he did. And "that" is what he said.
    I do think it was cheap and distasteful of her to write songs about other peoples shortcomings and amke alot of money off it. Do I think he is pretty low class himself/ Absolutely.
    But you cannot put a messure on a huge superstar writing a hate song about you and then releasing it to millions of adoring supportive young fans who are going to hate him right along with you and then to the whole adult world as well.
    Regardless of what you think of John Mayer it was Swifts actions that were the permanent damage here.
    Her decission to attempt to ruin him publically will never be taken away. When she is 50 she will be dealing with that decission. And the day she meets her maker he'll probably have some questions as well.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

Amen!!! John is a jerk who's acting like he's above everyone. He has a reputation for treating women like dirt, and now he's whining because karma finally caught up with him.

I don't say this often, but Mayer deserved this.

How ironic that John starts whining the minute he's called out, yet he doesn't know a damn thing about treating women with respect.
    How is he acting like he is above everyone? He has appeared in public recently being very respectful and apologetic for his past actions. He hasn't been giving off vibes of being better than anyone. He also isn't whining...he is commenting on his own personal feelings about Taylor and the situation after being asked specifically about it by RS.
    The minute he's called out? The song has been out for close to 2 years. He commented on the song now because RS asked him about it.

I'm assuming you don't actually know John, so it's a pretty big claim to say he doesn't know anything about treating women with respect and that he has a reputation of treating women like dirt based on a few comments he has made in the media. As a society, we are so quick to judge a celeb's actions and words without actually knowing the full situation. We also seem to hold a grudge against these celebs even after they appear apologetic for their actions.
    I think it's sad that John can no longer make any honest comments or express his personal feelings about anything without people saying he is a jerk or that is a hypocrite or whatever. He has clearly done some soul-searching about his actions a few years ago. His comments about Taylor and the whole situation were not bad at all.
    Claire2004 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Perhaps no one asked him about it till now? As I recall, for the past year or so he's been struggling with vocal cord issues, surgery and canceled tours and that was the news people were interested in. Look, I'm in no way defending John's actions or treatment of other women just addressing your comment. Can't respond if not asked about it!
    That still does not mean he had to say anything about it and I find it very hard to believe that he hasn't been asked about that by someone in the media in the last 18 months, his trying to play himself as a victim is just pathetic.

All he has managed to do is bring his past back up and getting himself killed for his comments by a majority of the people who have commented on it in various articles.

IMO outside of Meg if this was not Taylor involved 99% of everyone else would not be defending the dirtbag.

That still does not mean he had to say anything about it and I find it very hard to believe that he hasn't been asked about that by someone in the media in the last 18 months.His trying to play himself as a victim is just pathetic.
    Idk, if I'm him I wouldn't want to say anything earlier if asked, because it would be feeding more hype/sales for the song/album when Taylor was still actively promoting Speak Now.

As for the bolded... I think that applies to Taylor to, tbh. I still think they should both just keep their relationship details to themselves.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast