View Poll Results: Which genre of music scares you the most?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norwegian Black Metal

1 16.67%
  • Old School Rap

4 66.67%
  • Slayer

1 16.67%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By carebear4eva

Thread: Scariest Genre of Music

Concert Stars

Scariest Genre of Music

What genre of music scares you the most?

I'll post examples of each in the next post.

Concert Stars
    GORGOROTH-Incipit Satan - YouTube
    Eminem - Kim Lyrics - YouTube
    slayer-dead skin mask - YouTube

Personally, rap scares me the most lol.

Norwegian black metal music isn't all that scary; it's just the people in the bands who are scary. Luckily, many of them are rotting in prison. I think it was the band Mayhem who actually went to prison because the band members killed each other and ate each others' brains or something? xD It's almost comical.

Slayer's music isn't usually all that scary either, except Dead Skin Mask which actually creeps me the hell out. But I mean, I see interviews with Kerry King (the scariest looking guy) all the time, and he's pretty hilarious. x) I wouldn't wanna meet him in a dark alley or anything, but I get a kick out of his interviews. I'd say Slayer fans are scarier than Slayer.

Eminem's Kim scares the hell out of me. It's one of the only songs that actually makes me jump and uncomfortable. I don't know why I like it. Rap songs in general are like that. My favorite NWA song is Approach to Danger, and the background samples make me feel like I'm about to get shot.

So I vote rap.

Concert Stars
    I voted ols chool rap because the others are based on concepts that could be called fantastical or supernatural or even personally self-loathing.
    But old-school rap was based (and alot of it still is) was based on very real hatred, anger and a call to encite violence on very real curcustances, situations, people and institutions.
    And that, I have a real problem with.
    It isone thing the be against something. And to even sing aggressively against it. But to encite violence and glamorize hatred simply as a form or building oneself up (and of course to make money) is ugly and dangerous.

Concert Stars
    Vomit rock and rap music scare me...

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I voted ols chool rap because the others are based on concepts that could be called fantastical or supernatural or even personally self-loathing.
    But old-school rap was based (and alot of it still is) was based on very real hatred, anger and a call to encite violence on very real curcustances, situations, people and institutions.
    And that, I have a real problem with.
    It isone thing the be against something. And to even sing aggressively against it. But to encite violence and glamorize hatred simply as a form or building oneself up (and of course to make money) is ugly and dangerous.
    Hmm, I don't see old school rap as glamorizing the lifestyle at all. Wanna elaborate? I actually see it as giving a very real perspective of what their life was like. That's why it scares me. They were living like that. I can't imagine hearing someone rap about me and the total fear for my life that would flood me soon afterwards.

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post

it's just the people in the bands who are scary.
    cant agree more with that statement

Concert Stars
    I still see it as glamorizing the violence for the sake of profit.
    I do believe it comes out of very real fears and frustrations yes.
    But it also is used to encourage others to think like you and feel like you, and when you are talking about shooting cops and violence agaist women and other ethnic or minority groups (or any group at all), I think there is a higher social issue that is called into question here.
    It does greatly concern me. I'll just put it that way.

Slayer isn't scary! I am so affronted :O

I vote for Nicki Minaj. Terrifies the crap out of me. "*****es they say and they ain't saying nothing. A hundred muthafukers can't tell me nothing. I Beez in the Trap, be-beez in the trap"

WTF??????

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I can't remember what you showed me that one time that combined everything I hate..glam metal? Scared the s*hit outta me, dude. I hate screamo metal.

Both scare me.

Concert Stars
    Haha not glam metal. Glam metal is probably the most friendly "rock" genre ever (think Motley Crue, Poison, Hanoi Rocks, etc). I showed you Morbid Angel, which is death metal, which isn't an option. Norwegian death metal would be your best pick.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Slayer isn't scary! I am so affronted :O
    I like Slayer. Seasons in the Abyss and God Hates Us All are two of the first records I ever purchased. I remember when I heard the title track of the former. That was one of the best moments of my life.<3 "Close your eyes and forget your name, step outside yourself and let your thoughts reign, as you go insane, you go inSAAAAAAAANE." I used to eat that stuff up lol! That said, lots of people find them scary, and if Dead Skin Mask doesn't freak you out, I question how human you really are.

•