Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By carriecountrystar
  • 1 Post By JB172
  • 1 Post By chiefsfan

Thread: Tim McGraw To Big Machine

Concert Stars

Tim McGraw To Big Machine

BREAKING NEWS

McGraw To Big Machine: Former Curb artist Tim McGraw has signed with Big Machine, a move announced moments ago at the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum in Nashville. McGraw and Big Machine Label Group President/CEO Scott Borchetta shared the stage at the event. "I want a partner who is going to pull the best out of me, and I feel like I'm going to pull the best out of them," McGraw tells Country Aircheck. "I've known Scott for a long time and have a lot of respect for how he does business and works with his artists." Scott Borchetta's father Mike Borchetta actually signed McGraw to Curb in the early '90s, an association that ended in November when a Davidson County (TN) court denied the label's injunction request to keep McGraw from recording for another company ( Breaking News, CAT 11/29/2011). The newly signed Big Machine recording artist tells Country Aircheck about the decision and discusses his future in tonight's Country Aircheck Weekly. Don't miss it.

Concert Stars
    Well, I can only wish him well.
    A continuation of Scott solitifing BM's dominance at country radio county media and country "coporate".
    Good luck Tim.
    And we can all look forward to the many connections and associations we are all about to endure between Swift and Tim&Faith.
    I can hear the love and adoration coming already.
    "I just think Taylor Swift is the best artist to come along ever!" (did he just throw up in his mouth alittle??)

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Oh man...well this should be interesting.

Ummmm.... ok.

I don't know what else to say lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    "Good luck Tim" was pretty my my first thought on this...considering we all know who BM's money - maker is.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Good for Tim. Say what you will about Big Machines but Scott B. is one of the leading, most influential person in this business as he knows how to market his artists well. Look at how Rascal Flatts have been doing promotion wise in comparison to the horrendous treatment they got from their previous label.

I'm a big fan of Tim so I'm happy he got this label to rejuvenate his career.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    Good for Tim. Say what you will about Big Machines but Scott B. is one of the leading, most influential person in this business as he knows how to market his artists well. Look at how Rascal Flatts have been doing promotion wise in comparison to the horrendous treatment they got from their previous label.

I'm a big fan of Tim so I'm happy he got this label to rejuvenate his career.

I agree, like him or not Borchetta is VERY GOOD at what he does and this could be a very good move for Tim, he is without question going to be the # 1 male solo artist on the whole umbrella of labels that Big Machine has.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I agree, like him or not Borchetta is VERY GOOD at what he does and this could be a very good move for Tim, he is without question going to be the # 1 male solo artist on the whole umbrella of labels that Big Machine has.
    Well I think that is pretty much a given since I don't think Big Machine has that many male solo artists that are doing really well do they?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    Well I think that is pretty much a given since I don't think Big Machine has that many male solo artists that are doing really well do they?
    That is why it is a great move on his part to go there and I doubt he had many opitions to begin with, with the way the Sony labels have been dropping people they don't have the $$$$ to try to sign someone like Tim and the Capitol label is stacked with male artist.

Big Machine is one of the few bigger labels where he would fit in at the moment.
    nccountrygal likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm kinda shocked, but not. Artists who are lost in the mix from being around awhile need a label like Big Machine on their side. I actually think BM treats all their major stars pretty well, so hopefully this move will bring good things for Tim. I'm not much a fan of his anymore, but I'm glad he's with such a powerful label because Curb treated him like dirt for so many years.

Junior Carrie Follower chiefsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think this a great move for Tim because he will get marketed way better than he did with Curb records. He will get treated way better then he did at Curb and he will not get held hostage by the label because it seems like everybody at the Big Machine doesn't have any big issues with the label. Tim is my favorite artist so I can't wait to see what he does next now!
    supercarriefan likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Any label but Curb would be an improvement lol. Tim has endured a lot over the last several years, and I think BM will help him get back on top. They have done a great job of rebooting Rascal Flatts' career, and I have faith that they will do the same for Tim.

Junior Carrie Follower
    The dye was cast all those years ago when Taylor wrote the song Tim McGraw(;
    And now Tim is going to work for Taylor,, Lmao

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Truel, but this news still makes me sad.

Concert Stars
    Well, I wish him well. I am so tired of the stuff that goes on with the label heads, radio, and the way the labels push certain artists and manipulate everything, that I have lost faith in just letting us decide what song is played on the radio, etc. And I know this has probably been going on for a long time, but BM seems to be a huge offender of the manipulation game.

Concert Stars
    I'm not a Tim McGraw fan, so damn. I was upset enough with his FGOML domination during the MS era.

But hey, good for him. If I was a fan of his, I'd certainly be happier. Anything but Curb as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, Tim. *sigh* I love him and I wish him the best, I just hate all the manipulation that goes on at Big Machine. They may be a hugely successful label, but I don't have a ton of respect for them.

•