Post Alanis Morissette - "Havoc and Bright Lights" Era

Alanis Morissette is the biggest-selling female rock artist of all-time, and is also the record-holder of the biggest-selling debut album of all-time, "Jagged Little Pill". She's releasing her seventh studio album on 28 Aug 2012 via a new label as she detached herself from Maverick/Warner.

Here's the Billboard story:

Exclusive: Alanis Morissette's New Album on Collective Sounds Announced for August | Billboard.biz

Alanis Morissette's next album will be her first release outside of Warner Music Group as Collective Sounds issues "Havoc and Bright Lights" on Aug. 28.

Her seventh studio album, it is her first release in four years. Guy Sigsworth, who has worked with Morissette, Madonna and Britney Spears, and Joe Chiccarelli, who engineered recordings for Frank Zappa, the Shins and Grace Potter, produced. The first single, "Guardian," will be available on iTunes onMay 15, four days after it is shipped to radio.

Morissette is managed by the Collective, which started a label last year with former Warner Bros. executive Tom "Grover" Biery at the helm. Sony's RED distributes Collective Sounds.

"This record, as always, is a snapshot of what I currently obsess about, care about, and what strikes me at 4 in the morning in my most introspective moments," Morissette said in a statement. "It is my emotional, psychological, social and philosophical commentary through song.

Her last album, 2008's "Flavors of Entanglement," hit No. 8 on the Billboard Top 200. Morissette is, of course, best known for "Jagged Little Pill," the 1998 album that has sold 14.7 million copies in the United States according to Soundscan. It is the third biggest-selling album since Soundscan started tracking sales in 1991.

Havoc and Bright Lights track listing

"Guardian"
    "Woman Down"
    "'Til You
    "Celebrity"
    "Empathy"
    "Lens"
    "Spiral"
    "Numb"
    "Havoc"
    "Win and Win"
    "Receive"
    "Edge of Evolution"

Alanis Morissette - "Guardian" Lyric Video - YouTube

The lead single, "Guardian".

Previous albums:
    "Alanis" (Canada Only)
    "Now Is The Time" (Canada Only)
    "Jagged Little Pill"
    "Space Cakes" (Japan Only)
    Soundtrack - "City of Angels"
    "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie"
    "Alanis Unplugged"
    Soundtrack - "Dogma"
    Soundtrack - "The Prayer Cycle"
    "Under Rug Swept"
    "Feast On Scraps"
    "So-Called Chaos"
    Soundtrack - "De-lovely"
    "Alanis Morissette: The Collection"
    "Jagged Little Pill Acoustic"
    Soundtrack - "Narnia"
    "Flavors of Entanglement"
    Soundtrack - "Prince of Serbia"
    "Havoc and Bright Lights"

I really love Guardian!!!

Concert Stars
    I have followed AM for quite a while.
    I have always liked her music.
    Alittle selfindulgent but definately worth the journey.
    Sometimes it's hard for a guy to relate to as it is very personal from a womans perspective. But hse is such an honest writer that it is very interesting none-the -less.

Yea it's not very easy to relate to, considering "Guardian" is about being a mother.

She did write in men's perspective before - In "Hands Clean", 'I' was her ex, and 'you' was herself.

I hope in this era, she can get another Top 10 album ("Jagged Little Pill" was #1 for 12 weeks, "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" reigned for 2 weeks with record-breaking sales, "Under Rug Swept" was #1 for a week while both "So-Called Chaos" and "Flavors of Entanglement" debuted and peaked inside of the Top 10), and perhaps get a single charted on the Hot 100. I think both are doable even though in her last era, "Underneath" didn't even manage to debut on Bubbling Under while "Not As We" did better but still next to nothing. But this time she's debuting "Guardian" on 'Dancing With the Stars' with a Lyric Video so she already got probably the biggest promotions for any of her singles in their first weeks ever. So I'm totally expecting the single to at least debut somewhere on the Hot 100 even though I won't be surprised if it doesn't manage to. Airplay-wise, I think she has a shot for Triple A airplay but I'm reserved even with that format. Top 10 album or not will heavily depend on her competitions, I'm expecting sales between 20k to 30k copies at the moment but I'm really not sure.

I think global sales could be interesting as well as she had quite a sharp drop off every time she releases something new. SCC debuted #1 with a massive 887k copies, while FOE got a split-week release with a combined sales of around 180k copies IIRC.

The album is released!!!

It'll need less than 20k more copies to sell within the week to debut #1 in the US so please, please rush out to grab a copy!!! Her last #1 album was "Under Rug Swept" (It houses "Hands Clean") in 2002. She had 3 #1 albums in total.

This album debuted #1 world-wide!!!

•