Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Eric Church Slams Blake Shelton, Idol, The Voice

Eric Church Slams Blake Shelton, Idol, The Voice

Eric Church Slams Blake Shelton, Idol, The Voice

In an interview with Rolling Stone, country music rocker Eric Church seems to get just a little carried away. Eric, who supported Miranda Lambert on her 2010 “CMT On Tour: Revolution”headlining tour, slams Blake Shelton, American Idol, and The Voice. Eric takes a hit against American Idol and reality show television, saying that the country music industry is filled with talent from reality competitions – saying that trying out for a show like The Voice means you aren’t a true artist. In the interview, Eric says:

“It’s become American Idol gone mad. Honestly, if Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green f—ing turn around in a red chair, you get a deal? That’s crazy. I don’t know what would make an artist do that. You’re not an artist.”

Eric wasn’t done just yet. He takes a little dig at Blake, who is a coach on the highly successful The Voice, and says that anyone who’s career depends on something outside their music then they also aren’t a real artist.

“If I was concerned about my legacy, there’s no f—ing way I would ever sit there [and be a reality-show judge]. Once your career becomes something other than the music, then that’s what it is. I’ll never make that mistake. I don’t care if I f—ing starve.”

In case that wasn’t enough, the “Country Music Jesus” singer also had a few things to say about rock fans and Lollapalooza:

“Rock & Roll has been very emo or whatever the f—. It’s very hipster. We played Lollapalooza and I was stunned at how pussy 90 percent of those bands were. Nobody’s loud. It’s all very f—-n’ Peter, Paul and Mary sh–.”

What do you think about Eric’s interview in Rolling Stone? Do you agree with him, or do you think he needs a bit of a reality check? Sound off below and get your voice heard. Read Eric’s interview for yourself in the current issue of Rolling Stone with President Obama on the cover.
    Eric Church Attacks Blake Shelton, American Idol & The Voice
    Carrie&Taylor and jaylee50 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Don't care for the voice myself. Cheezy show.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Miranda Lambert's response:

@Miranda_Lambert: Thanks Eric Church for saying I'm not a real artist. Or @kelly_clarkson, @carrieunderwood & @KeithUrban. Your welcome for the tour in 2010.
    Blake Shelton's response:

@blakeshelton: @keepinitblog: Eric Church slams Blake Shelton, @NBCTheVoice, in his interview: Eric Church Attacks Blake Shelton, American Idol & The Voice I wish I misunderstood this...
    While I totally respect his opinion, I definitely don't agree with it. Look at all the amazing artists that have come from these shows - Carrie, Miranda, Kellie Pickler, Chris Young, etc. - and Blake's career has skyrocketed since he started the voice. I see nothing wrong with any artist getting their start on a reality show, or any artist being a judge on a reality show.

Really silly thing to say... even if you believe it. Somewhere Gretchen Wilson is nodding her head ferociously.
    nccountrygal, hjj, ohlove and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stEEvz3314 View Post
    Miranda Lambert's response:

Blake Shelton's response:

While I totally respect his opinion, I definitely don't agree with it. Look at all the amazing artists that have come from these shows - Carrie, Miranda, Kellie Pickler, Chris Young, etc. - and Blake's career has skyrocketed since he started the voice. I see nothing wrong with any artist getting their start on a reality show, or any artist being a judge on a reality show.

He's so ungrateful. Miranda got him as her opener for her tour (the Revolution tour I think) and this is the thanks he gives?
    HuiZ likes this.

Concert Stars
    I didn't particularly care for his music, he is the "bad boy" of country after all. But for him to slam anyone who has come from American Idol or the Voice is really unprofessional of him. You don't do that and earn a lot of brownie points! I would be surprised to see him getting any kind of nomination at the CMA or ACM in the future!
    myeverythingKU likes this.

Concert Stars
    Not sure who he's trying to impress all i can say is nice knowing you Eric to diss reality shows and say the people from them are not true artists bravo way to deep six what little of a career you had gotten started.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Wow, sour grapes. I love the reality shows and am so grateful to AI for giving us the extremely talented Carrie Underwood. Because of reality shows, we also have Leona Lewis, Jackie Evancho (not sure about the spelling), Kelly Clarkson, One Dimension etc. To me they are more interesting than many other singers. On the other hand, it must be harder for someone like Eric Church to make a lucrative living. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    He's trying to get attention....he's such a redneck..who cares.

He sounds like a real do***ebag lol. IMO this is the wrong way to get attention. You don't do it by dissing the most popular artists of your genre - Carrie, Blake, Miranda - directly or indirectly, all in one interview lol.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I never really appreciated him as an artist. As many have said he is the "bad boy" of country artist, but he has always come off to me as very hypocritical, slamming modern country music while his music although there is country, there is also pop and rock influences also. I don't care what type of image he has, there needs to be some sort of respect, even if he wouldn't be a judge on a reality show don't put down someone who does do that (I'm not really a Blake fan at all).

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    I thought Eric was talking about "The Voice". Where is Carrie, Kelly, Miranda and more in that comment of his? He mentioned the Voice. My parents will only watch Idol. Every one else just copies.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    I thought Eric was talking about "The Voice". Where is Carrie, Kelly, Miranda and more in that comment of his? He mentioned the Voice. My parents will only watch Idol. Every one else just copies.
    He doesn't mention them personally but he puts down all these singing contests that produced these artists. I don't know, even if he didn't intend to insult them it was a very tactless thing to say.

Concert Stars
    Miranda fires back with a tweet to Eric

Miranda_Lambert Thanks Eric Church for saying I'm not a real artist. Or @kelly_clarkson, @carrieunderwood & @KeithUrban. Your welcome for the tour in 2010.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Boo FREAKING hoo, Eric.

Boy does he come off as a bitter little man, hey Eric why don't you go the grocery store get some cheese to go with the whine.

Maybe he's drunk during this interview? Lol.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CALEBJOE View Post
    Miranda fires back with a tweet to Eric

Miranda_Lambert Thanks Eric Church for saying I'm not a real artist. Or @kelly_clarkson, @carrieunderwood & @KeithUrban. Your welcome for the tour in 2010.
    God I love Miranda's fire.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    His music sucks if you ask me..He knows if he tried out for one he would"nt make it past the auditions..Haters are just jealous.
    '

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Miranda checking his ass is very funny.
    myeverythingKU likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Wow, is he trying for career suicide here? Not only will he tick off all the artists from those shows, but their fan bases. Additionally, let's not forget all the artists that are friends with those artists. While the article might be an attention getter, it's one where you might want to go crawl in a hole for several months and then claim you were possessed or had a meltdown outside of your control. Geez.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    After all this is Eric Church the one that got kick off the Rascal Flatts tour for playing to long and loud as the opening act, what can you expect. Too totally disregard the headlining act that gave you a job and exposure this is not surprising. I don't really care for him.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast