Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Rascal Flatts "Changed" Era (April 3rd)

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Rascal Flatts "Changed" Era (April 3rd)

The Thaw Out Tour ended Sunday, and I'm thinking we'll be getting the "Banjo" video soon- possibly this week, because it was filmed earlier this month. So I thought it'd be appropriate to start a thread for the new album era.

The guys recorded a song called "We Are An American Band" with LBT, Eden's Edge, and Eli Young Band today.

@JoeDonRooney: In the studio killing a sweet version of "We're an American band" w our summer touring mates @LBTmusic @eliyoungband & @edensedge

@JayDeMarcus: In the studio with Dann Huff, Little Big Town, Eli Young, and Eden's Edge recording some great stuff for the tour!!!

And this one, just because it is stinkin' adorable.

Concert Stars
    CFF~ Thanks for the info! Exciting stuff from the Flatts boys! Btw - Jay's baby is incredibly adorable!

Concert Stars
    I got a demo for one of the tracks that made the cut for the album, called "Let It Hurt." It was written by Caitlyn Smith, Jay Demarcus and Gordie Sampson. Fantastic song, I'll predict this will get a huge reaction if it's a ever a single.

Lyrics:

7: 42 in the morning, 8 seconds before it all sinks in
    Put your best face on for the world
    Fake another smile and just pretend
    That you’re just puttin’ off the pain, nothin’s ever really gonna change

Chorus:

So Let it hurt
    Let it bleed
    Let it take you right down to your knees
    Let it burst ‘till it hurts to breathe
    May not be what you want but it’s what you need
    Sometimes the only way around it is to let God do His work
    And let it hurt

3:28 in the mornin' countin’ up the spaces between the rain (?)
    You’re gettin' used to the rocks at the bottom
    Your heart goes numb but the lonely stays the same
    That’s the price you vow to pay
    And there’s really nothing anyone can say
    Oh, there's only just one way
    Let it hurt
    Let it bleed
    Let it take you right down to your knees
    Let it burst ‘till it hurts to breathe, it may not be what you want but it’s what you need
    Sometimes the only way around it is to let God do his work
    So go on and let it hurt

Might just find you’re better for it
    When you let go and you know
    To let it hurt
    Let it bleed
    Let it take ya right right to your knees
    Let it burst ‘till it hurts to breathe
    May not be what you want but it’s what you need
    Sometimes the only way around it is to let God do his work
    So go on and let it hurt
    Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 02-21-2012 at 01:04 AM.

any way to hear it? ^^ :P
    SO excited for this <333

I wonder how will this album open with. "Why Wait" hit #1 and I think "Banjo" is looking very good to hit #1 as well. But their last album also opened with around half of what "Unstoppable" did. I wonder whether the same pattern will show again -- 80-90k copies?! But most likely it will stay at the same number considering both albums go Platinum?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    I wonder how will this album open with. "Why Wait" hit #1 and I think "Banjo" is looking very good to hit #1 as well. But their last album also opened with around half of what "Unstoppable" did. I wonder whether the same pattern will show again -- 80-90k copies?! But most likely it will stay at the same number considering both albums go Platinum?

Good question. Interestingly enough, all 4 lead singles from the last 4 albums have all hit #1 ("What Hurts The Most," "Take Me There," "Here Comes Goodbye" and "Why Wait"). I wouldn't be surprised if the streak continues, especially because "Banjo" is moving up the charts pretty quickly, and it'll probably get a boost when the video is released/ It sounds like they have a lot going on with the new album, tour, video, song with LBT and so on. I'm sure their promo will be very good, but I'm thinking "Changed" might open slightly higher than NLT, because its sales came off a very lackluster album that a lot of their core and causal fans seem to dislike. It's really anyone's guess though.

Concert Stars
    Rascal Flatts’ Gary LeVox Talks Makeup & Discipline | GAC News & Notes

This is so awesome! Very cool opportunity.

Rascal Flatts and AEG Live, in conjunction with NCM Fathom, will present a very special one-night-only in-theater event that will take place across the nation on Thursday, April 5 at 8pm ET/7pm CT/6pm MT/8pm PT (tape delayed). Rascal Flatts-CHANGED: One Night Exclusive Theater Event will deliver exclusive never-before-seen access into the lives of Gary LeVox, Joe Don Rooney and Jay DeMarcus, along with exclusive live performances of their biggest hits and music from their new album, Changed, set for release April 3 on Big Machine Records.

http://www.countrymusicislove.com/20...ter-event.html
    Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 02-21-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Concert Stars
    Sara posted on Twitter the RF guys gave her a Jeep an end-of-the-tour gift.

I'll see if I can get a picture to post a little later.

@Saraevansmusic: Rascal Flatts gave me a JEEP today as a gift from the tour! A crimson Alabama Jeep! I am in shock! They are SO sweet! I LOVE them!

here's a picture

Concert Stars
    The "Banjo" video is up on CMT, it was directed by Shaun Silva; he did a great job, as always. Very different concept from anything they've done before, but it looks they had a blast.

CMT : Videos : Rascal Flatts : Banjo

Thank you ^^ i can't believe CMT let me see it! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

Good question. Interestingly enough, all 4 lead singles from the last 4 albums have all hit #1 ("What Hurts The Most," "Take Me There," "Here Comes Goodbye" and "Why Wait"). I wouldn't be surprised if the streak continues, especially because "Banjo" is moving up the charts pretty quickly, and it'll probably get a boost when the video is released/ It sounds like they have a lot going on with the new album, tour, video, song with LBT and so on. I'm sure their promo will be very good, but I'm thinking "Changed" might open slightly higher than NLT, because its sales came off a very lackluster album that a lot of their core and causal fans seem to dislike. It's really anyone's guess though.
    I agree. But do you remember how many copies did "Why Wait" open with? "Banjo" isn't selling very well right out of the gate at the moment, and we all know "Here Comes Goodbye" opened pretty huge back then, during the "I Told You So" week.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Nice report in the Tennessean about their charity work:

"Rascal Flatts collected another honor for its charity work last week when the trio was presented with the CRS 2012 Artist Humanitarian Award during Country Radio Seminar.
    The award was given based on Flatts’ charitable contributions and humanitarian work over its 12-year career. Most notably, the band has donated $3 million in recent years to the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt’s Pediatric Surgery Center. The guys also are longtime members of the American Red Cross Celebrity Cabinet and serve as celebrity spokesmen for the suicide prevention organization The Jason Foundation.
    “It’s kind of weird to be getting an award for something we feel like we should be doing,” Flatts guitarist Joe Don Rooney said.
    The trio regularly makes visits to Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital to perform for and meet with its tiny patients.
    “When you visually see growth and progress and it’s not just sending a check out in the mail, when you stand there and get to hear their stories, it’s life-changing and it’s really humbling and makes you feel a little unworthy at times,” singer Gary LeVox said.

Written by Cindy Watts
    Celebrity Column: Salty Kellie Pickler provides boatload of laughs | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

Concert Stars
    Jay just posted on Twitter he and Ali are expecting a baby boy Aug. 1st! So happy for them.

For those of you asking... Yes, it's true!!! Ali and I are having a baby boy!!! He's due August 1st!!! Whew!!! Gonna have a house full!

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I Can't Wait For The Changed Album It Will Be Awesome

Concert Stars
    Jay just posted on Twitter he and Ali are expecting a baby boy Aug. 1st! So happy for them.

For those of you asking... Yes, it's true!!! Ali and I are having a baby boy!!! He's due August 1st!!! Whew!!! Gonna have a house full!

Congrats To Jay & Ali

Concert Stars
    The "Banjo" video is up on CMT, it was directed by Shaun Silva; he did a great job, as always. Very different concept from anything they've done before, but it looks they had a blast.

CMT : Videos : Rascal Flatts : Banjo
    I Love That Video

Concert Stars
    I'd encourage everyone to read this story; it's pretty amazing. This woman went to a Rascal Flatts show, met them, and told them that her autistic son was a big fan, and he has videos on youtube and loves to sing. She gave him a business card with her son's youtube channel and he told her he'd check it out. She got an email from his assistant asking for her address; he sent her son a letter with words of encouragement.

She posted the letter on her blog and said how excited her son was about receiving the letter. Gotta love country stars.

Here's the link to the woman's blog with the story:

A Handwritten Note from Rascal Flatts | Beneath My Heart

Concert Stars
    I just got an email from Big Machine saying Rascal Flatts will be participating in the Itunes Countdown starting this Tues (March 13). The first single released will be "Changed," and the "Banjo" video will be on Itunes the same day.

I just got an email from Big Machine saying Rascal Flatts will be participating in the Itunes Countdown starting this Tues (March 13). The first single released will be "Changed," and the "Banjo" video will be on Itunes the same day.
    Yay!!!!!

•  
    Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast