Ultimate Carrie Fan

2012 Super Bowl National Anthem and America the Beautiful

Saw this article and listened to NA and ATB. Just wondering what your thoughts are on the NA and ATB performances? Was Kelly's NA real simple? Were Blake and Miranda "petrified"?

Kelly Clarkson keeps national anthem Super Bowl performance simple | The Music Mix | EW.com

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Kelly sang the anthem beautifully. I like that she kept it simple. She knew the lyrics, too, which is always a plus lol.
    Miranda and Blake did a lovely job with ATB. They did look a little scared, but certainly not petrified. They represented country music well. I thought them holding hands was very cute as well. They've been through a lot lately, and I hope this just signals the beginning of better times for them in the rest of 2012.
    Both performances were simple and respectful, and I hope Americans are proud to have their country honored in such a way.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Kelly KILLED it, she sang it the way it is suppose to be sung.

Blake & Miranda looked more nervous than scared.

Concert Stars
    Well, if I didn't like it I certainly couldn't say so. Opinions are simply not welcome.
    Platitudes only please.
    But I did like it. So I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

videos are gone

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie08 View Post
    videos are gone
    They are still working on MJ's site, you can find Blake & Miranda's performance on this site.

Kelly Clarkson - The National Anthem - Super Bowl XLVI (VIDEO) | American Idol, Kelly Clarkson | mjsbigblog

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think all involved did a good job. I liked Kelly's version of our NA, but I like Carrie's better. That being said, the pressure of performing at the super bowl has to be incredibly stressful. I also liked Madonna's performance. The time and effort expended to put that together had to be enormous. Also, great commercials.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Kelly did a good job of singing the Anthem. She did it right---but it is meant to be sung without ANY vocal additions at all. My Grandmother was a music teacher and she liked Kelly's version also but she said even though Blake and Miranda sounded ok and on key that America The Beautiful should always be sung solo, by a group or a chorus to get the full, wonderful effect of the song--and I agree with her.

Concert Stars
    Kelly did AI and herself very proud.... She is a great Talent that steped up to the plate and delivered a knockout performance! Blake and Miranda got into there comfort zone when they harmonized together... I thought they represented Country music very well indeed!!!

PS- Carries version of the NA is amazing because her voice is the only instrument.... Not many people even try that in that super charged atmosphere and who can blame them... LOL

Concert Stars
    i thought all the performances at the superbowl were great! i agree with whoever said Blake & Miranda looked scared though

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Well, if I didn't like it I certainly couldn't say so. Opinions are simply not welcome.
    Platitudes only please.
    Patrick, opinions are welcome, and you know it. How dare someone call you out on your constant negativity toward other artists . However, if all you want to offer now is nice comments about other artists...got for it .

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Platitudes only please.
    Not sure what that comment means. Opinions are always welcome. Opinions are always contradicted though, .

Concert Stars
    I always feel like I have to be particularly careful.
    But thats ok.
    I have big shoulders I can take it.
    I thought it was smart to have the childrens choir. It kept things controlled and still had that element of accepella.
    Everyone I have asked really liked it as well.

Carrie Follower
    I thought that Kelly did amazing! The choir behind her was a nice touch and made it sound nice without being trashy. And I though that Blake and Miranda did amazing! They did look scared, but who wouldn't be? It was super cute that they were holding hands too.

•