Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By carrieismy1idol
  • 1 Post By leannrimes

Thread: Are these songs country?

Huge Carrie Follower CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing's Avatar

May these songs be country?

Hello, everyone. It's always good for me to receive your help and your opinions.

I have wondered whether the following songs "This Is My Paradise" and "I'm Gonna Run To You" by Bridgit Mendler are country songs or not.
    It's possible that they're pop but I also have a feeling that they contain something country though I'm not sure. And that's the reason why I'm asking for your help.

Thank you so much for all the help.

Last edited by CountrymusicCarrieIsAmazing; 01-11-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    There seems to have been a glitch in posting, and the same song comes up twice. I think this is the second one you wanted to feature:

(I can only give a personal opinion, as I don't know if this singer does identify with Country Music, or sees it as an influence on her work)
    From my point of view, though, I'd have to struggle to regard these as Country - the instrumentation, the bouncy rhythm, and the singer's vocal line all sound firmly anchored in Pop music to me.
    It's always difficult to define Country Music (which is a vast and varied collection of sub genres), and I'm pretty broad minded about what I'd include. I veer towards including, rather than excluding - but if this singer wants to aim for Country, I feel she needs at least some more of what Country fans call "the twang factor" in the backing. I found that lacking in most of the first song. The second one did remind me a little, towards the end, of some Cajun music - but that influence is slight, and may be accidental .
    I'd say Pop.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ذكي View Post
    Hello, everyone. It's always good for me to receive your help and your opinions.

I have wondered whether the following songs "This Is My Paradise" and "I'm Gonna Run To You" by Bridgit Mendler are country songs or not.
    It's possible that they're pop but I also have a feeling that they contain something country though I'm not sure. And that's the reason why I'm asking for your help.

Thank you so much for all the help.

They Are Pop I'm A Fan Of Hers.
    Last edited by carrieismy1idol; 01-26-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Junior Carrie Follower leannrimes's Avatar
    It's Pop

•