Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Turning Tweets Into Gold (Nashville Ledger)

Interesting article talking about whether an artist's tweeting (or not tweeting) has an impact on album sales and popularity. It does briefly mention Carrie.

The Nashville Ledger

Please feel free to move this, mods, if it's in the wrong forum. I had no idea where to put it.

Huge Carrie Follower carriesfan123's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is silly. Carrie is doing just fine without Twitter.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^^The article actually says that she is doing just fine without Twitter which is why they referred to her as an anomaly lol...one person quoted simply said she possibly could be even more popular if she tweeted.

Concert Stars
    Nice Carrie mention and Carrie is an anomaly

Concert Stars
    I absolutely think it would help.
    But it's a personal choice and we all know how Carrie feels about invasions of privacy.
    alas, she is just a more private person than alot of those in the industry who enter the industry for the very attention that social media gives them.
    Get used to it folks.
    Carrie just does not crave attention the way most in the entertainment industry do.

Concert Stars
    Even though Carrie doesn't tweet, Carrie blogs and that seems to work just fine getting her message to her fans.

Concert Stars
    I like Martina Mc Bride's approach to it where she keeps the tweets on the business side, it would be great if we got thoughts from Carrie about writing or recording a song or meeting another singer or a random photo of her here and there etc - the only drawback I see is that once you start you can't stop, fans will expect those tweets - fandom can tend to move in on a stars private life pretty fast - I think it would be good to have Ann tweet for Carrie about when she will appear somewhere or when her album comes out - but right now as Jade says - the blogs work well because she can tell actual stories where she would be limited to a sentence with Twitter, The media picks up her blogs anyway and publishes them.

I personally think Twitter has little promotional value...Yes, an artist can have a lot of followers but it doesn't look like they're responding very well everytime. I mean, Katy did tweet about her remixes, and exactly how many 0.000000? of her followers bought them or even reviewed it? And Beyonce's "Run The World (Girls)" flopped despite trending on Twitter extensively. And it's not because nobody likes it, 'cuz if that's the case, its Billboard award performance wouldn't have boosted it so greatly.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    It was a nice comment. I don't tweet so it wouldn't effect me.

“She is kind of an anomaly on this front,” he notes. “She launched on American Idol. Another little detail: She happens to be incredibly talented. Could her career be larger if she was doing social networking? I think so. That being said, she seems to be doing pretty well without it.”

•