Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Nirvana

Nirvana

So Nicole and I can stop taking over the "What Song Are You Listening To" thread.

My fave Nirvana interview video:

I love how Kurt goes "oh, God," when Krist starts his rant about escalators. You can tell he'd heard him rant a lot.
    ashley likes this.

Concert Stars
    I've never seen that interview! I LOL'd and forwarded it to people. x)

One of my favorite videos:

ashley likes this.

I'm refusing to watch any Unplugged stuff until my DVD gets here... It says it should arrive by Jan. 5th - I am impatient. haha.

That interview, though, I've watched it so many times and it still makes me laugh. I love Dave's eyebrow raise and cheesy smile when he's like "get each other pregnant" and Kurt's all "yeah... good idea. Reproduce." LMAO.

Concert Stars
    "There are a lot of logs."
    "And trees."
    "But trees come before logs."

LOL, they do sound completely stoned. What a great interview haha.

Jessica, make a top 10 list for favorite songs!

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    I've never seen that interview! I LOL'd and forwarded it to people. x)

One of my favorite videos:

That's my favorite song

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly13 View Post
    That's my favorite song
    It's one of my favorites. I just love the lyrics. Everything works so well.

Jess, we've found another Nirvana fan!

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Jess, we've found another Nirvana fan!
    YAY! haha.

Oh man, top 10? Okay, I'll work on it and see what I come up with. My list is always changing, though...

Okay, my faves (in no particular order, because that's too difficult):

-Blew
    -Love Buzz
    -Heart Shaped Box
    -Rape Me
    -All Apologies
    -Breed
    -Lithium
    -Polly
    -Something in the Way
    -Aneurysm

(Also love: Floyd the Barber, About a Girl, School, Negative Creep, Swap Meet, Serve the Servants, Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle, Come As You Are, In Bloom, Territorial Pissings, Drain You, Stay Away, Lounge Act, On a Plain...)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Okay, my faves (in no particular order, because that's too difficult):

-Blew
    -Love Buzz
    -Heart Shaped Box
    -Rape Me
    -All Apologies
    -Breed
    -Lithium
    -Polly
    -Something in the Way
    -Aneurysm

(Also love: Floyd the Barber, About a Girl, School, Negative Creep, Swap Meet, Serve the Servants, Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle, Come As You Are, In Bloom, Territorial Pissings, Drain You, Stay Away, Lounge Act, On a Plain...)
    It's so hard to compose rock lists, for me. Like, I can come up with a Carrie list just off the top of my head (always subject to change, but I know what I like at the time), but when I have to make one for a rock band, I blank. I think my list would be something like

- Negative Creep
    - Something in the Way
    - The Man Who Sold the World
    - Lithium
    - Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle
    - Dumb
    - Territorial Pissings
    - All Apologies
    - Rape Me
    - Blew

Or something along those lines. I'm a sucker for the more "out-there" lyrics.
    Last edited by allamericangirl8; 12-30-2011 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Uh, they randomly changed the picture to something very different.

Well, this list was particularly difficult, because I honestly don't think I've heard a single Nirvana song that I dislike. There's a few that I'm not as crazy about as others, but really, their entire discography is fantastic. Kurt Cobain was an incredible songwriter. Is it weird to miss someone that A) I never met, and B) died when I was only 4? The music industry was a better place with Kurt Cobain in it, especially rock music.

And apparently there's around 160 unreleased Nirvana songs out there, but Courtney Love has a tight hold on them so I doubt we'll get to hear them anytime in the near future.

Concert Stars
    I never know how I really feel about Courtney Love. It's like Yoko Ono. You can hate her for what she did while her man was alive, but when he was dead, she really showed how much she truly cared about him and she respected him.

I go back and forth on how I feel about her. Kurt obviously loved her, but they were definitely not without their problems. I don't believe all the conspiracy theories surrounding her with regards to Kurt's death, though. I think those are ridiculous.

Concert Stars
    I remember growing up thinking Courtney was the reason Kurt committed suicide. O_O

I don't think she actually pulled the trigger or hired a hitman or any of those ridiculous conspiracy theories. I do, however, think that she contributed a great deal to the depression that put Kurt in the state of mind to do what he did. Apparently she was always pressuring him to do things career-wise that he didn't want to do (such as Lollapalooza in '94), and was cheating on him for months beforehand. I just wish he'd had someone there with him who could've convinced him not to give up.

On other matters, I found a list of a whole bunch of Nirvana songs I've never heard before. Win. Lots of downloading and searching to do! Also found an awesome Nirvana forum, but it requires you to sign up using your full name as your username, and I'm super paranoid about internet privacy so I don't really want to do that.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I don't think she actually pulled the trigger or hired a hitman or any of those ridiculous conspiracy theories. I do, however, think that she contributed a great deal to the depression that put Kurt in the state of mind to do what he did. Apparently she was always pressuring him to do things career-wise that he didn't want to do (such as Lollapalooza in '94), and was cheating on him for months beforehand. I just wish he'd had someone there with him who could've convinced him not to give up.

On other matters, I found a list of a whole bunch of Nirvana songs I've never heard before. Win. Lots of downloading and searching to do! Also found an awesome Nirvana forum, but it requires you to sign up using your full name as your username, and I'm super paranoid about internet privacy so I don't really want to do that.
    Yeah, I'd heard a story where he'd called her saying he didn't feel well and asking her to come to his room or whatever, and she said no because she was strung out on drugs, and he killed himself that day/night. I don't know if that's true. I haven't really looked into the story. But that's the story my mom told me before I went to bed one night. My mom was never great at selecting bedtime stories...

I would use a different name. Like, instead of my name, I'd put "Dexter Morgan" or "Nicole Underwood/Dickinson/Rose" just for kicks. xD What's the website? Also, which songs have you found? O_O

By the way, thanks to you, I've rediscovered Polly. I forgot how amazing the lyrics were in particular.

It's a bunch of unreleased ones. The site Live Nirvana has pretty much everything you could ever need, Nirvana-related.

Ahh, Polly is amazing. I just love Kurt's voice on that one. I've been listening to In Utero a lot today, in particular Frances Farmer..., Milk It, Serve the Servants, and Dumb. What a fantastic album.

I've been trying to come up with Nirvana songs that I think Carrie could possibly cover someday (although, I don't even know if she liked Nirvana, but in my dream world her covering a song of theirs is possible. lol). A lot of them, I just can't imagine her singing those lyrics, haha, but I think she'd do an amazing job on All Apologies.

Concert Stars
    I always do that, try to figure out a song from the band I'm obsessed with for her to sing. I think she'd have to sing a lot of Nirvana's songs up a partial/octave, like she does at the end of SCOM. I could see "All Apologies," maybe "The Man Who Sold the World."

From LiveNirvana:

O_O

Concert Stars
    I love the person's YouTube username (just noticed). Second favorite Led Zeppelin song.

What's your opinion on the other four "big" grunge bands (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Mother Love Bone)?

I haven't heard enough of them to form much of an opinion. /bad grunge fan. I have to DL their stuff soon!

Concert Stars
    Yeah, I've only heard some of the more well-known albums (Ten, VS, Superunknown, Badmotorfinger, Dirt, the new Alice in Chains record, etc). I've heard far more Nirvana than the other bands because they had such a short discography.(x

Have you heard all the "Top 10 Nirvana Live Songs" on that LiveNirvana thing? I hadn't heard some of those before.

•  
    Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast