Nashville’s Beautiful Prison Makes Artists Expendable

While browsing Country California site I came across this link to an interview of Jarod Lowenstein of the Jaron and The Long Road to Love. Very interesting, and controversial lol, views on Nashville, country music industry, country radio, and music labels, and artists. I suggest you read also the comments section, Jaron also participated in the discussion with the people who posted comments. Oh, and Carrie was mentioned on the comments section.

Nashville’s Beautiful Prison Makes Artists Expendable

“I’m not in the prediction business,” says Jaron Lowenstein, aka Jaron And The Long Road To Love. “I don’t care what I think. I can listen to a song and go ‘That’s really good,’ but I would never put a dollar behind that gut feeling. A business that operates on the one-out-of-ten rule is not a good model, but that’s the artist development traditional philosophy that Nashville record companies use most. In Nashville, we still just find an artist and sign them and spend upwards of a million dollars tweaking the music and sending them on a radio tour. And all this happens before the audience, who the music industry works for, has decided if they like the product. That’s pretty ego driven, with everything riding on someone’s opinion.
    Nashville

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Geez does he come off as being a very bitter person that can't sell while others do.

Suck it up Jaron.

Concert Stars
    I'm high. Lol. I thought, for some reason, that Nashville had this program for prisoners who were well behaved to become makeup artists for the stars, thus putting actual makeup artists out of their jobs. Clearly, this is not anything like what I thought. Nanny fail. xD

Huge Carrie Follower carrieforV's Avatar
    intresting read, thanks.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Interesting and he may have a few points I agree w/ but I don't think too much of a few points as well. It may be true that country music may be preceived to be behind times but that is part of the "Branding". When someone decide to push the envelope people start yelling pop/crossover or anything to squash any new sound. However, that is the one thing I love about country music, you know what you are getting, lol.

I especially disagree with his assertion that Carrie is nothing more than a vocalist. She is a great visionary and incredible artist, in more ways than just her voice. Just because she doesn't feel the need to remix her music, and focuses on the quality of the material instead of the quantity it sells, doesn't mean she isn't a visionary.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    If he was putting 10 to 20k in a building every night he would not have said the crap that he said.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    It is sort of like biting the hand that feeds you blog. Country embraced his song but not quite him.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post
    I'm high. Lol. I thought, for some reason, that Nashville had this program for prisoners who were well behaved to become makeup artists for the stars, thus putting actual makeup artists out of their jobs. Clearly, this is not anything like what I thought. Nanny fail. xD

Ha, first thought upon reading the title was that whatever Nashville prison this was that it better be far away from Carrie's home.

Concert Stars
    Well, he sure comes out and talks about the manipulation, buddy-buddy, pay for play thing! He also says that no one dare say 'no' to Scott B!!! I don't like his comments about Carrie!! I think he's way off base there!!!!!

•