Concert Stars

Skip Bishop Leaves Sony

Skip Bishop Leaves Sony: No one has commented officially, but Country Aircheck has learned that Sony/Nashville Sr. VP/Promotion Skip Bishop has exited after more than six years with the company. Bishop joined Arista/Nashville in 2005 from the pop world, where he ran his own independent promotion company and had stops as SVP/Promotion for MCA and VP/Promotion for RCA. He was promoted to VP/Promotion for Sony/Nashville in 2009. More details as they become available.

Source:
    Country Aircheck

Concert Stars
    Hmmmm, another Carrie supporter, I think!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    This is getting very strange. I really wonder about things going on behind the scenes with Carrie and her new album. We will know in a few weeks for sure. I really think that is why we have not had a new single or album news before now.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This has NOTHING to do with Carrie, this has to do with Sony restructuring things and they are getting rid of people who are making the big $$$ and bringing in someone cheaper to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    This has NOTHING to do with Carrie, this has to do with Sony restructuring things and they are getting rid of people who are making the big $$$ and bringing in someone cheaper to replace them.
    I agree.

Concert Stars
    Probably, but none the less, he's still an old friend of Carrie's!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Maybe not. It will be interesting to see what the outcome of all the restructuring is and if it will have any impact on the overall promotion, etc. of the artists on the Sony label in Nashville. Yes rainbow he is an old friend of Carrie's along with Joe Galante.......................

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If there are any repercussions of this departure, it will have an effect on all artists at the label, not just Carrie. However, I don't think it will make any real serious difference. They will simply find someone else to do the same job.
    He was VP of Promotions, so perhaps some of you will be getting the changes in the way Carrie has been promoted that you have been wanting for so long now that someone else will be in charge lol.

Adam, I'm not picking on you, but I wouldn't exactly call Skip and Joe "old friends" of Carrie's, but rather old business associates lol. It's not like she was inviting them over for cocktails on a regular basis lol. She had a wonderful working relationship with them we assume, but that's most likely it.

^ I was going to say that, too. Maybe bringing someone new in for the promotions department will result in newer and fresher ideas for marketing Carrie's next album, like some around here have been saying they want.

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    If there are any repercussions of this departure, it will have an effect on all artists at the label, not just Carrie. However, I don't think it will make any real serious difference. They will simply find someone else to do the same job.
    He was VP of Promotions, so perhaps some of you will be getting the changes in the way Carrie has been promoted that you have been wanting for so long now that someone else will be in charge lol.

Adam, I'm not picking on you, but I wouldn't exactly call Skip and Joe "old friends" of Carrie's, but rather old business associates lol. It's not like she was inviting them over for cocktails on a regular basis lol. She had a wonderful working relationship with them we assume, but that's most likely it.

Thanks, that's such a positive way of looking at this new development.

I agree, maybe bringing in new people will give promotions a fresh perspective and fresh ideas for the album promotions of all the artists under the label.

•