Cool Billboard Year-End Top 25 Hot 100 Songs 2011 -- United States of Pop

Who's excited for DJ Earworm's "United States of Pop" mix for this year's Top 25 hits? I know I am.

For those who don't know about the project, please check out the follow mixes for the previous years:

"United States of Pop" (2007) - The original mix, with CARRIE included!!!
    Beyonce - "Irreplaceable"
    Rihanna - "Umbrella" (Featuring Jay-Z)
    Gwen Stefani - "The Sweet Escape" (Featuring Akon)
    Fergie - "Big Girls Don't Cry"
    T-Pain - "Buy U A Drink" (With Young Joc)
    Carrie Underwood - "Before He Cheats"
    Plain White T's - "Hey There Delilah"
    Akon - "I Wanna Love You" (Featuring Snoop Dogg)
    Nelly Furtado - "Say It Right"
    Fergie - "Glamorus" (Featuring Ludacris)
    Akon - "Don't Matter"
    Avril Lavigne - "Girlfriend"
    Maroon 5 - "Makes Me Wonder"
    Shop Boyz - "Party Like A Rockstar"
    Akon - "Smack That" (With Eminem)
    Mimes - "This Is Why I'm Hot"
    Daughtry - "It's Not Over"
    Timbaland - "The Way I Are" (Featuring Keri Hilson)
    Fergie - "Fergalicious" (Featuring will.i.am)
    Soulja Boy Tell Em - "Crank Dat Soulja Boy"
    Timbaland - "Give It To Me" (Featuring Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado)
    Justin Timberlake - "What Goes Around...Comes Around"
    Gym Class Heroes - "Cupid's Chokehold"
    Patrick Stump - "With"
    The Fray - "How To Save A Life"
    Daughtry - "Home"

Akon - 4 songs; Fergie - 3 songs; Timbaland - 3 songs; Justin Timberlake - 2 songs; Nelly Furtado - 2 songs; Daughtry - 2 songs.

"United States of Pop: Viva La Pop" (2008)
    Flo Rida - "Low" (Featuring T-Pain)
    Leona Lewis - "Bleeding Love"
    Alicia Keys - "No One"
    Lil Wayne - "Lollipop" (Featuring Static Major)
    Timbaland - "Apologize (Remix)" (Featuring OneRepublic)
    Jordin Sparks - "No Air" (With Chris Brown)
    Sara Bareilles - "Love Song"
    Usher - "Love in This Club" (Featuring Young Jeezy)
    Chris Brown - "With You"
    Chris Brown - "Forever"
    Ray J & Yung Berg - "Sexy Can I"
    Rihanna - "Take a Bow"
    Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"
    Katy Perry - "I Kissed a Girl"
    T.I. - "Whatever You Like"
    Rihanna - "Disturbia"
    Rihanna - "Don't Stop the Music"
    Natasha Bedingfield - "Pocketful of Sunshine"
    Chris Brown - "Kiss Kiss" (Featuring T-Pain)
    Ne-Yo - "Closer"
    Colbie Caillat - "Bubbly"
    Mariah Carey - "Touch My Body"
    Madonna - "4 Minutes" (Featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland)
    P!nk - "So What"
    Finger Eleven - "Paralyzer"

Rihanna - 3 songs; Chris Brown - 3 songs; T-Pain - 2 songs; Timbaland - 2 songs.

"United States of Pop: Blame It On The Pop" (2009)
    The Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow"
    Lady GaGa - "Poker Face"
    Lady GaGa - "Just Dance" (Featuring Colby O'Donis)
    The Black Eyed Peas - "I Gotta Feeling"
    Taylor Swift - "Love Story"
    Flo Rida - "Right Round" (Featuring Ke$ha)
    Jason Mraz - "I'm Yours"
    Beyonce - "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"
    Kanye West - "Heartless"
    The All-American Rejects - "Gives You Hell"
    Taylor Swift - "You Belong With Me"
    T.I. - "Dead and Gone" (Featuring Justin Timberlake)
    The Fray - "You Found Me"
    Kings Of Leon - "Use Somebody"
    Keri Hilson - "Knock You Down" (Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo)
    Jamie Foxx - "Blame It" (Featuring T-Pain)
    Pitbull - I KNOW YOU WANT ME (CALLE OCHO)
    T.I. - "Live Ur Life" (Featuring Rihanna)
    Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie - KISS ME THRU THE PHONE
    Jay Sean Featuring Lil Wayne - DOWN
    Miley Cyrus - THE CLIMB
    Drake - BEST I EVER HAD
    Kelly Clarkson - MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU
    Beyonce - HALO
    Katy Perry - HOT N COLD

The Black Eyed Peas - 2 songs; Lady GaGa - 2 songs; Taylor Swift - 2 songs; T.I. - 2 songs, Beyonce - 2 songs.

"United States of Pop: Don't Stop The Pop" (2010)
    Ke$ha - "TiK ToK"
    Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now"
    Train - "Hey, Soul Sister"
    Katy Perry - "California Gurls" (Featuring Snoop Dogg)
    Usher - "OMG" (Featuring will.i.am)
    B.o.B. - "Airplanes" (Featuring Hayley Williams)
    Eminem - "Love The Way You Lie" (Featuring Rihanna)
    Lady GaGa - "Bad Romance"
    Taio Cruz - "Dynamite"
    Taio Cruz - "Break Your Heart" (Featuring Ludacris)
    B.o.B. - "Nothin' On You" (Featuring Bruno Mars)
    Enrique Iglesias - "I Like It" (Featuring Pitbull)
    Young Money - "Bedrock" (Featuring Lloyd)
    Jason Derulo - "In My Head"
    Rihanna - "Rude Boy"
    Lady GaGa - "Telephone" (Featuring Beyonce)
    Katy Perry - "Teenage Dream"
    Bruno Mars - "Just The Way You Are"
    Mike Posner - "Cooler Than Me"
    The Black Eyed Peas - "Imma Be"
    Jay-Z - "Empire State of Mind" (Featuring Alicia Keys)
    Usher - "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love" (Featuring Pitbull)
    Travie McCoy - "Billionaire" (Featuring Bruno Mars)
    Eminem - "Not Afraid"
    Iyaz - "Replay"

Bruno Mars - 3 songs; Usher - 2 songs; Katy Perry - 2 songs; Rihanna - 2 songs; Taio Cruz - 2 songs; B.o.B. - 2 songs; Lady GaGa - 2 songs; Pitbull - 2 songs; Eminem - 2 songs.

THIS YEAR!!!:
    1. ADELE - "Rolling In The Deep"
    2. LMFAO - "Party Rock Anthem" (Featuring Lauren Bennett & Goonrock)
    3. Katy Perry - "Firework"
    4. Katy Perry - "E.T." (Featuring Kanye West)
    5. Pitbull - "Give Me Everything" (Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer)
    6. Bruno Mars - "Grenade"
    7. Cee Lo Green - "F**k You" / "Forget You"
    8. Nicki Minaj - "Super Bass"
    9. Maroon 5 - "Moves Like Jagger" (Featuring Christina Aguilera)
    10.The Black Eyed Peas - "Just Can't Get Enough"
    11.Jennifer Lopez - "On The Floor" (Featuring Pitbull)
    12.Rihanna - "S&M"
    13.Foster The People - "Pumped Up Kicks"
    14.Katy Perry - "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)"
    15.Bruno Mars - "Just The Way You Are" -- **Note that this was also in the Top 20 in 2010!!!
    16.Enrique Iglesias - "Tonight (I'm F**kin' You)" / "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)" (Featuring Ludacris * DJ Frank E)
    17.P!nk - "Raise Your Glass"
    18.Lady GaGa - "Born This Way"
    19.P!nk - "F**kin' Perfect" / "Perfect"
    20.Rihanna - "What's My Name?" (Featuring Drake)
    21.Chris Brown - "Look At Me Now" (Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes)
    22.Jeremith - "Down On Me" (Featuring 50 Cent)
    23.Lil Wayne - "How To Love"
    24.ADELE - "Someone Like You"
    25.OneRepublic - "Good Life"

Katy Perry - 3 songs; ADELE - 2 songs, Rihanna - 2 songs; P!nk - 2 songs, Bruno Mars - 2 songs; Pitbull - 2 songs; Lil Wayne - 2 songs.

I wonder how will it sound and which song will get to be the 'backing track' of the entire mix?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I can see Rolling in the Deep or Party Rock Anthem being the backing track of the entire mix. My favorite mix so far is 2009, but that's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    I can see Rolling in the Deep or Party Rock Anthem being the backing track of the entire mix. My favorite mix so far is 2009, but that's just my opinion
    Yea, 2009's my favorite as well, I hope RITD does become the backing track tho. It indeed represents the year!

Concert Stars
    I wonder how the "Artist Of The YEar" does not even make the cut of the top 25 songs?
    25 is alot of songs. And this is a billboard list.
    So how again can you not be in the top 25 airplay at billboard and still make billboards #1 artist?
    I don't know how that could possibly happen.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I wonder how the "Artist Of The YEar" does not even make the cut of the top 25 songs?
    25 is alot of songs. And this is a billboard list.
    So how again can you not be in the top 25 airplay at billboard and still make billboards #1 artist?
    I don't know how that could possibly happen.
    Interesting.
    You mean Country Artist of the Year?

Artist of the Year is ADELE and she's made two entries inside of the Top 25, one of them being at #1. She is also #1 over Top Albums.

Please also note that there is not a single country song inside of the Top 25, while "Speak Now" is at #2 over overall albums. Country Artist of the Year counts also tour sales which put Taylor Swift is an advantaged position.

It's out. He didn't follow the Top 25 this year...Basically he replaced P!nk's "Perfect" with Britney Spears' "Till The World Ends", Bruno Mars' "Just The Way You Are" with his own "The Lazy Song", Rihanna's "What's My Name?" (Featuring Drake) with her own "We Found Love" (Featuring Calvin Harris) and LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It" replacing Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now".

Rihanna is the only artist who appears in all years I think, with a total of 9 songs over 4 years. She came out in 2006 so it excludes hits like "Po De Replay", "If It's Loving That You Want", "SOS", "Unfaithful" and "Break It Off".

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^^Glad to see that Till the World Ends made the cut! I think that this year's mashup is pretty good! Like I've said before, I haven't ever really listened to them in the previous years, but I may have to pull them up here sometime soon!

Concert Stars
    It is funny how Taylor keeps winning awards and titles yet has no songs people like enough to make any countdowns except the one year. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    It is funny how Taylor keeps winning awards and titles yet has no songs people like enough to make any countdowns except the one year. Lol
    Yet another two-hit wonder. Just like Jason DeRulo, Mike Posner and Jay Sean.

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Without any disrespect to Taylor (and I know that typing this could cause a huge uproar and blow this thread up...), but I think that it's because her initial explosion on the scene has finally died down. Taylor isn't the IT girl to follow anymore, unless of coure you are a teenage girl. That age group is definitely Taylor's primary fan base, no doubt about it. In order for her to continue to be as successful, she is going to have to come up with another Teardrops on My Guitar or You Belong With Me. In other words, a song that many different age groups can relate to. None of this "Why you gotta be so mean?" type of material. I really think that Taylor, somewhere inside of her, has talent. She may not be the best vocalist in the world, and she is not exactly an artist I follow, but the girl has some major potential if she would just reach out to more mature audiences AS WELL AS her younger fans. Maybe then will she be included on lists such as these...

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I like 2007 and 2008's mixes the best. I was sitting here reading the list and thinking "Oh I remember that song. I loved it!". Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of pop of this year and last year(Mostly Katy, Lady Gaga and Adele and then random songs) but pop music for me gets worse as the years go by and I'm only 15. Thank god for country music

Quote Originally Posted by dsfox2009 View Post
    Without any disrespect to Taylor (and I know that typing this could cause a huge uproar and blow this thread up...), but I think that it's because her initial explosion on the scene has finally died down. Taylor isn't the IT girl to follow anymore, unless of coure you are a teenage girl. That age group is definitely Taylor's primary fan base, no doubt about it. In order for her to continue to be as successful, she is going to have to come up with another Teardrops on My Guitar or You Belong With Me. In other words, a song that many different age groups can relate to. None of this "Why you gotta be so mean?" type of material. I really think that Taylor, somewhere inside of her, has talent. She may not be the best vocalist in the world, and she is not exactly an artist I follow, but the girl has some major potential if she would just reach out to more mature audiences AS WELL AS her younger fans. Maybe then will she be included on lists such as these...
    Lists like these are not compiled by feelings or anything, but indeed by actual figures. I'm not suggesting that you're saying otherwise, but just wanting to point that out. Taylor Swift's quick fade obviously is a result of not being the IT girl anymore. But nobody stays on top forever, and nobody gets to be the IT girl for more than 2 years, most only last 1 -- if you're talking about mass appeal and in a very general, broad audience sense. Madonna got her IT year in the States perhaps arguably in the year of "True Blue", and globally perhaps at 2005, when "Hung Up" ruled the world. Mariah Carey was the IT girl in the very beginning of her career, same goes to Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Norah Jones, Sheryl Crow, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette and perhaps Alicia Keys. Beyonce was the IT girl during "Irreplaceable". Lady GaGa was the IT girl right before the "Monster" era and in the beginning of it, perhaps up until "Born This Way" fell from #1 on the Hot 100. The current IT girls are Katy Perry and ADELE. But it doesn't mean they'd have no success or anything, as you can see from the continuous successes the mentioned artists got afterwards.

I think being the IT girl means you're suddenly gotten discovered and everybody literally either fall for you or inevitably, uncontrollably talk about you, whether they like it or not. It of course is a major reason for why Swift is quickly dropping in sales, buzz and airplay but I mean, her music indeed is becoming and stale and homogeneous, which is why it doesn't click with the mainstream audience anymore. It's just like Dido can't carry her success of "No Angel" (12 million copies sold) and "Life For Rent" (10 million copies sold) to her third album, "Safe Trip Home" (Massive tanking everywhere). And just like how Norah Jones couldn't sustain her success of "Come Away With Me" (22 million copies sold) to more than 2 other albums ("Feels Like Home" - 11 million copies sold; "Not Too Late" - 4 million copies sold --> "The Fall" - Perhaps a million copies). You can't do the same thing forever and expect them to click as your previous stuff does. And I guess that's why Whitney Houston only released 2 albums in the three decades her career lies, and that's why Shania Twain and Faith Hill decided to leave the industry for a while at the end of their peak. People like Mariah Carey and Barbara Streisand, they're great and all, and they have massive careers, but they are now releasing the same stuff over and over again which really can't save them from flopping and bombing. And most importantly, if you recycle something but actually make it better, people will opt for your version, like Lady GaGa did it with "Bad Romance", which was arguably "Poker Face" 2.0. Or Katy Perry's "California Gurls" (Featuring Snoop Dogg), which was so obviously the same song as Ke$ha's "TiK ToK". And of course all those cover albums and Christmas releases. But this isn't the case for Swift.

Yes, I also acknowledge that she has some talents. She has the ability to write what the teenagers feel, simply because she IS a teenager who feels those universal things. But there are just these many topics you can possibly write on/about. And she also has the talent to write pleasant melodies which are likable but tbh, nothing spectacular -- "Mine" is a perfect example for it. This is her problem, and if she can't solve it, I don't see how she can survive any more than 2 more eras on other formats, and perhaps up to 3-5 more eras on Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly13 View Post
    I like 2007 and 2008's mixes the best. I was sitting here reading the list and thinking "Oh I remember that song. I loved it!". Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of pop of this year and last year(Mostly Katy, Lady Gaga and Adele and then random songs) but pop music for me gets worse as the years go by and I'm only 15. Thank god for country music
    Well, and there's "Before He Cheats".

•