Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Tim McGraw "Emotional Traffic" Era (1/17/12)

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It's nice to see this album actually getting a release date. Hopefully things work out well for Tim this time around.

Concert Stars
    Tim's Christmas single: "Christmas All Over The World."

Download if free from "The Boot"

Tim McGraw, 'Christmas All Over the World' -- Exclusive Song Premiere + Free Download! - The Boot

Insane Carrie Fan
    A Nashville judge recently released Tim McGraw from his old record label after years of bad blood between the two.

But the chief at Tim's old label, Curb Records, vows that the fight isn't over.

"This isn't over," Curb chairman Mike Curb told The Tennessean. “It’s not over. Historically over the last 50 years, we’ve figured these things out. I don’t think we’ve had anything like this in the whole time we’ve been in Nashville.”

A breach-of-contract lawsuit and Tim's countersuit are both still pending in Nashville courts. Hearings are expected in the next several months, the newspaper reports.

No comment from Tim's side of things. But court papers show Tim's manager is already shopping for a deal at all the other major labels in Nashville.
    Tim McGraw

Concert Stars
    Tim is now listed on the CD Release schedule at AllAccess with a date of January 24th, the same date as Kellie Pickler's latest release.

Concert Stars
    Previews of the new album:

http://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Traf...ref=pd_sim_m_1

I can't say I'm impressed, especially since this is being billed as Tim's "best ever". If this the best he has to offer, I don't think I'm interested anymore. I want the old Tim back that sang songs like "Something Like That", "Real Good Man", and "Just To See You Smile". It should be interesting to see which direction he takes his music now that he is free from Curb.

Concert Stars

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Was expecting higher sales... Tim's album debuts at #2 overall, #1 country:

2 TIM MCGRAW CURB 76,977 --
    EMOTIONAL TRAFFIC

Concert Stars
    This album got a not so good review in our paper. It wasn't at all positive.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Was expecting higher sales... Tim's album debuts at #2 overall, #1 country:

2 TIM MCGRAW CURB 76,977 --
    EMOTIONAL TRAFFIC
    Some of Tim's fans weren't going to buy this album because it is his last released by Curb. In a show of support I guess, some fans felt they wouldn't support Curb because of all the drama between Curb and Tim. Unfortunately, all they've done is help lower his album sales. Of course, album sales are terrible all around really except if your name is Adele lol. I would have at least expected someone like Tim to break the 100,000 mark though, as most other males in the genre can get between 100,000 and 150,000 in the first week.
    The lower sales could also be a factor of Tim not doing any promotion for this album. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember hearing anything about any appearances by Tim to support this latest effort.

Junior Carrie Follower chiefsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love this cd! i think it's kind of new sound for Tim and I've been listening to cd all time since it came out. I think this cd has alot more rock and soul in it than any of his other cds. My favorites are Touchdown Jesus, One That Got Away, Die By My Own Hand, One Part, Two Part.

•