Insane Carrie Fan

Hank Williams Jr. Walks Off Mid-Performance At CMT taping

"It's pretty hard to steal the spotlight at an event honoring celebs of such magnitude as Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, and Lady Antebellum. But Hank Williams Jr. managed to be the one who did it Tuesday night, at a taping of CMT's annual Artist Of The Year event.
    And it wasn't for his stellar performance. Quite the contrary: Williams made news for striding offstage right in the middle of his duet with CMT honoree Jason Aldean.

Hank Williams and Jason Aldean at CMT taping
    According to Williams's publicist, the reason for his abrupt departure was due to quality control. "He didn't feel like he was giving an adequate performance while joining Jason on his song, 'Tattoos on This Town.'"
    It doesn't seem that there was any sort of underlying personal issue between the artists. Aldean praised Williams highly before the show, calling him "awesome" and "the real deal." And Williams's rep added that Williams wanted only to honor Aldean that night--"Turning in a poor performance would only ruin that effort."
    Williams himself issued a statement to Country Weekly on Wednesday: "I've heard people mess up my songs and screw up [Hank Williams Sr.] songs. I was here to honor Jason, a kid I really like. When I walked out there, it didn't feel right, it didn't sound right. I didn't want to disrespect him."
    Aldean, who is one of CMT's five honored artists of 2011, ended up performing a do-over of the song by himself without incident. This is the version viewers will see when the show airs December 13 at 9 p.m. ET.
    As fans well know, Williams has already fallen into hot water this year. His controversial comments comparing President Obama to Adolf Hitler live on Fox News back in October triggered the loss of a longtime alliance with ESPN's Monday Night Football."

Hank Williams Jr. Walks Off Mid-Performance At CMT Taping | Our Country (NEW) - Yahoo! Music

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/n...cmt/51497736/1

"...But it was Hank Williams Jr. who turned in the night's most buzzed about moment, leaving the stage quickly mid-song after singing his part during a duet with Aldean.
    Williams' spokesman Kirt Webster said after the taping that Williams left because he didn't feel like he was giving an adequate performance while joining Aldean on his song, Tattoos on This Town. Williams told the show's producers the night was meant to honor Aldean, a friend. Turning in a poor performance would only ruin that effort, Webster recounted.
    Aldean did a second run-through of the song after Williams left without problem. The singer praised Williams as a hero in an interview before the show and said it had been fun hanging with him during rehearsal.
    "It was really kind of funny watching him go about music the way he does," Aldean said. "He's kind of like, 'OK, this is the way y'all do it. I'm going to do it the way I do it.' It's just the way it is. And you go, 'It's Hank,' you know. 'Make it sound like you want it to sound, bro.' But he's awesome. I don't know what else to say about the guy. He's the real deal as far as country singers go."
    Williams has been in the news quite a bit recently. A political analogy he made on television involving President Barack Obama and Adolf Hitler led to the pulling of his Monday Night Football theme song by ESPN. But he rallied and turned it into something of a public-relations victory, issuing a new song and appearing on The View where he found a sympathetic reception. He soon joined Paisley and Carrie Underwood earlier this month on the Country Music Association Awards, stealing the show with a single word.
    He gave Paisley a necklace before Tuesday night's taping that bore his Ruger-like eagle logo with "Hank" engraved on the front and the words, "Thanks, Brad," engraved on the back. Paisley wore it with his camouflage sports coat.
    "I'm honored to be friends with him," Paisley said.
    Paisley and Chesney were first-time honorees at the event, which recognizes country's top achievers in touring, album sales and radio and video play."

note:This isn't exactly news worthy to me, but how odd is his behavior? I guess I understand that he would want to give a worthy performance for Jason, but then again, just walking off stage in the middle of taping?
    Didn't they even rehearse beforehand for him to have been able to decline in advance at least?

Thanks for posting! I guess Hank Jr. will just be Hank Jr. - sounds like he didn't want to mess up Jason's song, but why would he agree to do it if he wasn't comfortable -- oh well -- hope Jason had a good time.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Sounds like he sang the song his own way and it didn't mesh with jason's way. Just another episode in the williams story. Yes, it isn't wothy of mention but thanks for posting anyway, .

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Ugh, Hank Williams Jr...that was really disrespectful and embarassing to Jason I'm sure. If he wanted to honor him, that's the worst thing he could have done!

Concert Stars
    Why am I not surprised?

So instead of not giving the best performance he could give, he just walked out leaving Jason Aldean with no one to sing with? Nice.

I guess he couldn't help the outlaw coming out in him...too bad for Jason

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Didn't they rehearse? And since it's not live couldn't they just start over? That was kind of disrespectful to Jason.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly13 View Post
    Didn't they rehearse? And since it's not live couldn't they just start over? That was kind of disrespectful to Jason.
    That's what I was wondering, too. You'd think they would have to rehearse for a show like this, especially if some of the artists are singing each others songs and pairing for duets. If they did rehearse, Hank really had no excuse to walk out on Jason during the live taping. And, if he was asked to honor Jason, why would he think he was disrespecting him? Obviously Jason wanted to perform with him & it would've been an awesome opportunity for him. This whole thing seemed a little weird to me when I read it yesterday, too.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    In my opinion that is downright rude and disrespectful. He and Jason could have worked it out so they would sound good together--after all aren't they supposed to be professionals?

Carrie Guru
    Two words, "no class".

Concert Stars
    That's too bad. I guess it is a good thing the show was taped and not live.

IMO, it's another stunt to get himself some more publicity (Hank Jr., not Jason). I don't have much respect for this guy.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Count Jason Aldean as one Hank Williams Jr. fan who understands his peculiarities. The ‘Tattoos on This Town’ singer says that the country legend’s sudden departure from the stage during the CMT taping of their ‘Artists of the Year’ duet on Tuesday night was surprising, but not offensive.

“I think when it comes to Hank, the only thing that you can predict about Hank is that he’s unpredictable,” Aldean tells Hitflix. “I’m still a huge fan. He’s one of my idols, one of the guys that I grew up listening to. I’m a huge fan and, you know, it was a little weird, but it’s Hank Jr., what are you going to say?”

Jason Aldean Shrugs Off ‘Weird’ Hank Williams Jr. Incident

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly13 View Post
    The fact that they could have done the song over is what makes Hank Jr's excuse a bunch of crap.

•