Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

David Nail "The Sound of a Million Dreams" Era

I am a HUGE fan of David Nail. He is second only to Carrie on my list of favorite artists. I pre-ordered TSOAMD from iTunes and have been listening to it on repeat for the last week. Personally, I think David is by far the best male vocalist in country music and I really hope that his sophomore album takes him to the next level, because he is amazing. Also, if you don't like the stereotypical country music that a lot of male country singers put out, David is the artist for you! He has a lot of soul/blues influences in his music and he is amazing at interpreting a story.

I love the whole album, but I feel like the latter half of the CD is the best - from Let It Rain through the end. Catch You While I Can, That's How I'll Remember You, Half Mile Hill, and the title track are my favorites.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else has bought David's album and if you haven't, you should! Since Carrie doesn't have a new album out this year, I will probably be buying my friends TSOAMD for Christmas instead. I don't think David's label has done much promotion for him for this album. I checked HDD and unfortunately, TSOAMD is at #47 with just under 13,000 copies estimated for his first week sales. So, if you want to support an amazing country artist that could use it, support David!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I really like David too but I have not bought his album yet. I think it would be great if he were to be on Carrie's tour in 2012. He could be the middle act and Lauren Alania the opening act.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I agree nccountrygal. I also really like him. What label is he on? It's too bad everybody doesn't get the same treatment but this is something I do understand. That's why its so hard to get that good start and then to keep it. But really would like to see him get some good promotion. Kinda like Chris Young - really like him too but he's struggling to get up to the heavy weights at the top and he's really had some good songs out too. Love David's Let it rain. I did buy 3 or 4 of his songs but not the whole album. Carrie is about the only one I buy the whole album.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^^David is on MCA Nashville, a Universal owned label.
    He is very talented. I really like "Let It Rain". I've only had a chance to listen to short clips of his latest album, but I'll probably listen to the listening party on Pulse, and see if there is anything else on the album I'm interested in buying.
    Charles and Dave from Lady A have a co-write on this album with "I Thought You Knew".
    DizzyDolly, I agree about Chris Young. Another talented man. Hopefully these men can both garner some serious attention in the near future.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    David does have a great voice. I loved "Strangers On A Train" & "Summer Job Days" from his last album.

•