Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Preview of Kelly Clarkson singing "I Know You Won't" VH1 Unplugged

Preview of Kelly's performance of Carrie's "I Know You Won't" tapped at her VH1 Unplugged special. She sounds awesome- much better than she did when she sang it the first time, IMO.

Great job, Kelly!

Kelly Clarkson stars in her own 'VH1 Unplugged' special: Watch an exclusive clip here | The Music Mix | EW.com

Concert Stars
    I won't comment on it except to say that I hope this gets moved over to the Clarkson thread.
    Only one thread for outside artists.
    I will comment there.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I won't comment on it except to say that I hope this gets moved over to the Clarkson thread.
    Only one thread for outside artists.
    I will comment there.
    You're right. I guess I wasn't thinking with that one. Opps.

Junior Carrie Follower AmazingCarrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

Preview of Kelly's performance of Carrie's "I Know You Won't" tapped at her VH1 Unplugged special. She sounds awesome- much better than she did when she sang it the first time, IMO.

Great job, Kelly!

Kelly Clarkson stars in her own 'VH1 Unplugged' special: Watch an exclusive clip here | The Music Mix | EW.com
    Totally agree!!! And people need to get over their Kelly hatred. The two are NOT competing, they are both winners of their respective shows and are #1 and #2 on the charts. Kelly's version of the song is mour soulful and it's a little different but she absolutely KILLED it at UnPlugged. She heard it at the iRadio festival thing that her and Carrie both went to. She loved it so much she HAD to perform it asap. The other best performance of this song was Carrie Underwood on the People's Choice Awards. Phenomenal.

I think Kelly does a great job, although the cockiness of a lot of her fans about her cover of this is really, really annoying.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    I want her to completely cover this song 100% and not change it to make it easier for her to sing. Have yet to hear anyone completely cover her songs without making it their own. One reason I like Carrie when she sings covers is that she stays true to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie&Taylor View Post
    I want her to completely cover this song 100% and not change it to make it easier for her to sing. Have yet to hear anyone completely cover her songs without making it their own. One reason I like Carrie when she sings covers is that she stays true to the original.
    Carrie's songs are so difficult to cover that I doubt if there are many artists that can sing them like she does...and really, I'm glad because I love Carrie's songs because they are hers...call me selfish...lol

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I think Kelly does a great job, although the cockiness of a lot of her fans about her cover of this is really, really annoying.
    This is exactly why people should avoid reading comments on blogs that posted the video, or on places like Pulse, or on Kelly fan boards lol. There are inevitably going to be comments that aren't kind to Carrie. Some of those fans are likely just trying to get the attention of Carrie fans because some would love to argue. Others just honestly may prefer Kelly's version. It doesn't really matter.
    That being said, if the situation were reversed, and Carrie had performed a Kelly cover, would Carrie fans be mindful of Kelly's feelings and her fans? There would be the same kind of situation: Kelly's fans would be mad because some Carrie fans would say Carrie's version was better, and whatnot. It's an endless cycle. I don't know why fan groups can't just call a truce and appreciate the many great artists out there. This is a particular problem among female artists' fanbases.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I so agree with this..I think it's cool she is covering a Carrie song, I love Kelly, I've been listening to her new cd nonstop but I've had a hard time not commenting on some of the things her fans are saying.. I don't want an all out fanwar, lol..

Concert Stars
    Well this is a good song that is made Great by Carries incredible vocal performance..... Kelly doesn't have the pipes to do Carries version(but then who does) Kelly's version is good and as a Carriefan I'll take it is a compliment to Our Girl.... As to the chatter from the Kelly fans its nothing new they have always viciously attacked our girl.... I smile when I read there comments because really all there saying is that they know how great Carrie is so they have to try and bring her down a few rungs.... But all it does is make themselves look very silly and it doesn't do a thing for Kelly either.....

•