Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Keith Urban to Undergo Throat Surgery

Keith Urban is set to undergo throat surgery later this month to remove a polyp that has developed on his vocal cords, according to his publicist.

Though the procedure is a minor outpatient surgery, it will require that Keith rest his voice for an undetermined period of time. This will require the postponement of his All for the Hall benefit concert for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, which was scheduled for Jan. 18 at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena. Keith will honor his preexisting one-song performance commitments leading up to his procedure at the end of the month. All other appearances will be rescheduled for 2012.

Keith Urban to Have Throat Surgery - Country Weekly

I just saw this...I read it is an outpatient surgery scheduled later this month for a polyp that developed on his vocal chords. Hope he recovers soon after the procedure!!

Keith Urban :: New News Today!

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Please keep him in your thoughts and pray for a speedy and full recovery!! I am so upset by this, he means A LOT to me and i'd be lost without him

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yes, will definitely keep him in my prayers. No matter what kind of surgery, you just never know what may happen so prayers are definitely needed. I adore him also!

Concert Stars
    I hope he's ok. Julie Andrews had similar surgery years ago and her voice was never the same.

Concert Stars
    I hope he is ok too. Weird how so many people are having throat surgery now: Keith, Adele, John Mayer.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think the experience Julie Andrews had is pretty rare; it's pretty common for artists to have surgery on their vocal cords, especially as they get older. Keith tours a lot, and he's been around for over 10 years now; it's understandable that constant touring would put an unimaginable amount of stress on his voice. But Keith seems to take great care of himself, and I'm sure he has great doctors advising him on how to take care of his voice before and after the procedure. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    My first thought while reading this was "Ouch". Praying all goes well and he has a speedy recovery

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow I hope he feels better after having the surgery

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Oh no! I hope this does not prevent him from performing at the Bayou Country Superfest in May! I hope he gets better soon. Urban and Underwood are my two favorite artists!

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    awwww. i hope he gets better real soon!

Concert Stars
    Never good to hear... wishing him all the best with that.

•