Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Madonna - "MDNA" Era

Okay, so I was actually having a hard time counting the number for this 2012 comeback album as she has tonnes of 'side projects' that were very successful. Eventually I come up with this list to count the upcoming one as the twelfth:

1. "Madonna" / "The First Album"
    2. "Like A Virgin"
    "Crazy For You" (Only a massive #1 single from a soundtrack that wasn't counted towards her)
    "You Can Dance" (Remix albums don't count regardless of how well it has sold)
    3. "True Blue"
    "Into The Groove" (Same as CFY)
    "Who's That Girl" (Huge but still a soundtrack)
    4. "Like A Prayer"
    "I'm Breathless" (Again, very huge but still a soundtrack only)
    "The Immaculate Collection" (Actually her best-selling album but it's a compilation album so I figure it shouldn't be counted although the tracks have all been remixed)
    "This Used To Be My Playground" (Same as CFY)
    5. "Erotica"
    "I'll Remember" (Same as CFY)
    6. "Bedtime Stories"
    "Something To Remember" (This is really tricky. Usually it's not being counted as one of her compilations despite having her old hits included, but it's definitely not a brand new studio album)
    "Evita" (This definitely deserves to be an era but still a soundtrack)
    7. "Ray of Light"
    8. "Music"
    "GHV2" (compilation)
    9. "American Life"
    "Remixed and Revisited" (remix album)
    "Me Against The Music" (With Britney Spears) (Simply a huge collaboration)
    10. "Confessions On A Dancefloor"
    11. "Hard Candy"
    "Celebration" (compilation)
    "Born This Way" (Okay I'm trolling hehe)

Just listing it before someone calls me a fake stan for calling it the 12th album.

So, the Queen of Pop will be coming back in 2012 with a song called "Give Me All Your Love" which will feature Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. and DEBUT it on the Superbowl!!!

Nicki Minaj has been a consistent hit-maker in recent times and is the new successful female rapper. She has had two Top 10 hits, her own "Superbass" and Britney Spears' "Till The World Ends (Remix)" which also features Ke$ha. But she has tonnes of other hits under the Top 10. M.I.A. grew into fame when "Paper Airplanes" becomes a hit out of nowhere by getting featured on two movies, one of them being "Slumdog Millionaire". But she highly disliked the fact that she's successful so she released a noisy album afterwards to let herself flop. She did get featured in "Swagger Like Us" which was moderately successful. And while she cannot guarantee any sort of sales, she will definitely spark some interests for Madonna.

And the Superbowl is the highest-viewed TV program in history, racking up 110 million viewers this year only in the States. The Black Eyed Peas did the Half-time show this year and their leading single to their album "The Beginning", "The Time (Dirty Bit)", renounced to #1 on iTunes despite having been released months earlier, peaked, and got lukewarm receptions.

So, Madonna has great chance to hit #1 on the Hot 100 had her team planned everything right! It'd be her 13rd #1, solidifying her status as the runner-up for most #1's among female artists behind Mariah Carey (18 #1's, Madonna held the record before Carey passed her in the mid 90's) before Rihanna inevitably catches her. It'd give her #1's in FOUR consecutive DECADES, and one of the oldest act ever to hit #1. And her first #1 since "Music" hit #1 in the 2000 for like a million weeks (It was the best-performed single globally that year). She has had numerous Top 10's during the time between: "Don't Tell Me" (#4), "Die Another Day" (#8), Hung Up" (#7 for two weeks -- radios were reluctant to play her, but massive sales brought it that far), "4 Minutes" (#3 for 2 weeks -- could have been #1 had her team not trying to block Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body", it features Justin Timberlake and Timbaland and is currently her best-selling single in the States). Globally her last #1 was "4 Minutes" which ruled the chart for 11 weeks straight. And even "Celebration" came very close without any promotion (The album hit #1 though). She also has a chance to go #1 in every single country of the world -- "Confessions On A Dancefloor" and "Hard Candy" are the only two albums in history to ever go #1 in ALL countries of the world that has an official national chart; "Hung Up", which ruled the global chart for 15 weeks before "Sorry" takes over for another 7 weeks, was the record holder for hitting #1 in the most countries, and all continents in the world that enjoy official national charts. (That is, not counting Antarctica)

The power of Madonna (pardon the pun) could also be seen from "Celebration" selling millions without promotion and Glee soundtrack "The Power of Madonna" debuting #1 on the Billboard 200 (And even the "Sticky & Sweet Tour" DVD debuted Top 10). And Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" was being criticized for copying her "Express Yourself". Christina Aguilera also paid uncredited homage to her ("Express Yourself" and "Human Nature") in her infamous "Not Myself Tonight" video. She was also in the final episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show.

Nevertheless, talking about music, she hasn't received very positive receptions since "Confessions On A Dancefloor" in 2005. "Hey You" was recycled from a leftover of that era, "Hard Candy" was trashed by fans for compromising to current trend of music, "Celebration" was criticized for the inappropriate versions of song and awful selection of hits. The two songs also get poor receptions from fans due to sounding too ordinary. I wish she can really bring it this era and become a game-changer again!
    Last edited by clh_hilary; 02-03-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Carrie Follower
    she's my favorite singer and i saw her live two times. She's a genius and I'm so glad she has worked again with William Orbit. "Ray of light" is one of the best pop album of all time.

Supposedly new single, "Give Me All Your Love", leaked in its demo form. It's originally scheduled to debut on the Super Bowl.

I like it, it's catchy although it's a bit childish in sounding. But please keep in mind that this is strictly a demo. As we all know, the eventual version of "Beat Goes On" (Featuring Kanye West) sounds drmatically different from the original "The Best Goes On", which got quite positive reception when it got leaked.

Concert Stars
    I haven't heard it yet but I cannot wait for the Superbowl! Finally they are getting more acts that I want to hear.
    Madonna has been a favorite of mine since lucky star.

I saw her live a few years ago at Madison square garden and she was amazing.

I'm really intrigued to know what she has in stores for us! Usually when we get a bigger break we get something amazing.

As a side note, fans have got together the leftovers, demos and bonus tracks during the "Confessions On The Dancefloor", "Hard Candy" and "Celebration" era and grouped the songs into an album called "Animal". I gotta say it's a very cohesive great piece of work, and is what I would expect from her in place of HC. But then, since she left that behind I suppose she'll take a new direction instead.

Some news:

Confirmed to be performing at the upcoming Superbowl.

Leading single will be called "Gimme All Your Luvvin'" instead. It's said to be a radio prime featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. But the rest of the album would not be radio-friendly or radio-ready.

Got two Golden Globe nominations for her directorial effort "W.E." for Best Score and Best Original Song, which can be heard of YouTube already.

"Santa Baby" hanging on and sold close to 300k copies now.

And as a side note, "4 Minutes" (Featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) opened with around 25 million AI and "Hung Up" opened with around 15 million. "Celebration" went #18 on iTunes when it was released (Video went #1, album went #2). 4M is the second song to sell over a million copies in 5 weeks after Rihanna's "Umbrella" (Featuring Jay-Z), it peaked at around 53 million on Radio Songs (#11) and Top 5 on Pop. "Hung Up" peaked in the 50s on Radio Songs but 2 weeks at #7 on the Hot 100 due to strong sales.

Concert Stars
    Madonna is my favorite of all time! Has been for 25 years..lol.. wow.. I am really looking forward to her new cd and the Superbowl! Never ever count The Queen out, there is a reason we are still talking about her after all these years,

Yes, and I think people disliked her doing the Superbowl basically because she's a woman and she's still current.

MADONNA's theme song to her movie, "W.E.", "MASTERPIECE" is now available for download for FREE on iTunes, as a...Podcast...

Just search Madonna Masterpiece and a Podcast for an Oscars Talk will come up and you can download it.

"Masterpiece" won a Golden Globe for Best Original Song from "W.E.".

"Gimme All Your Luvin'" (Featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.) will be debuted on the Superbowl, and supposedly to radio and iTunes the Monday after the get a maximized sales. She really wants that #1!

Concert Stars
    I am so happy for Madonna! woohoo!

But boy her competition seemed pissed. lol Elton John and Mary J Blige cut daggers. lol

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am so happy for Madonna! woohoo!

But boy her competition seemed pissed. lol Elton John and Mary J Blige cut daggers. lol
    The Queen all dem gurls hot and bothered even after 30 years. :'(

Sir Elton John once called her a cow, and before walking in, he said Madge has no chance of winning. Poor thing.

Concert Stars
    Wow. He said Madonna had no chance to win last night? shows him! lol
    ]
    maybe they voted for her just to spite elton. lol

I like Elton alot otherwise, by the way. He is amazing in concert and I love his music. But no one disses my Madonna. lol She is the true Queen. lol

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wow. He said Madonna had no chance to win last night? shows him! lol
    ]
    maybe they voted for her just to spite elton. lol

I like Elton alot otherwise, by the way. He is amazing in concert and I love his music. But no one disses my Madonna. lol She is the true Queen. lol
    Well, I suppose the votings should have been done by then so that shouldn't affect anything.

When Cher's "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me" won last year, I already think the voting is pretty much gay-oriented, so I figure if you got the all-time Queen go up against just a fellow gay man and the current-but-may-be-fading current Princess, the Queen gonna win anyway (Yes, I'm ignoring Mary J. Blige).

Concert Stars
    http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...6n3oo1_500.jpg

I thought this was pretty funny, ;-) He's a mean ole queen... lol

Concert Stars
    OMG I love it! lol He is such a girl. Love it! lol

His husband also went on Twitter to say foul language to Madge's win.

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" is going to take over the world in around an hour's time.

There is a Clear Channel deal to play GMAYL at the top of the hour all the way until Superbowl hits, the same deal that boosts Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" to go #4 on overall airplay in a week and the same given to Rihanna's "You Da One" which gave it a very strong head start as the biggest-opening second single in history.

There are now 1000 televisions around Europe which will premiere the GMAYL video. A clip has been premiered on the biggest TV show in the US, American Idol.

Tik, tok, tik, tok...

IT's OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy it

Madonna's "Give Me All Your Luvin'" (Featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.) hit #98 on iTunes after only 58 minutes, #1 on music video, and #1 on album with "MDNA" (Never happened before, for an album to be released 9 weeks away). Madonna also has a Clear Channel deal, a video releases, so her airplay will only push her further. I think she's looking to go #1 on iTunes in a record-breaking speed, especially when album being #1 on iTunes also helps a song to go high. She's also #4, #6 and #10 trending on Twitter.

Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" got to #1 in a little more than 3 hours (440k copies in 3 days), Taylor Swift's "Mine" used a little more than 6 hours (300k copies in 3 days), Britney Spears' "Womanizer" (280k copies in 6 days) used 8 hours, Swift's "Today Was A Fairytale" (330k copies in 6 days) used 12 hours. These are the records. I think Madonna is looking at that.

But iTunes is frozen right now and Madonna disappeared so Kelly can breathe for a while. Now let's hope Kelly doesn't drop too much after losing her #1 exposure, to successfully go #1 on the Hot 100 this chart week. However, if Madonna manages to sell around 280k copies, she could actually debut at #1.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast