Concert Stars

Grammy Nominations Concert 11-30: 1st Round Performers Announced

They are doing this early this year. So far, just Gaga and Jason Aldean are performing. It is very cool that Jason gets to do it. I hope this bodes well for him in terms of nominations.

I doubt Carrie will be part of this as for some reason, she has never presented the nominees yet. Not sure why. They usually only have 1 country person anyway. So far it was Taylor and Miranda, now Jason.

TheGRAMMYs Happy to announce @LadyGaga & @JasonAldean are set to perform at The #GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live 11/30 on @CBS!

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Definitely watching so far since I love both Gaga and Jason. Very cool for Jason to be performing

Concert Stars
    Since Male and Female Vocal Permance is merged into one category, I see Jason winning this! Taylor was not nominated last year for VP and I don't expect her to unless teh voter feels MEAN was such an inspirational song...lol (I BET YOU THAT THEY WILL AND SHE WILL BE NOMINATED!!)

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's so awesome that Jason was included; it seems like the industry is finally giving him the recognition he deserves.

Concert Stars
    So happy for Jason. Hope he gets tons of Grammy love. It is very well deserved. I can't wait to watch.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Jason is gonna get lots of love. I hope RM will edge out DYWS for country collaboration. This will be the only award show that both songs will come head to head.

Concert Stars
    3 more performers added, including Sugarland. No Carrie of course. With 3 country acts already performing, I guess we can rule Carrie out. I am surprised about Sugarland as they had a quiet year so I don't expect them to get any nominations this year.

CBSTweet CBS Tweet by TheGRAMMYs

This Just In: @sugarlandmusic added as performer on Grammy Nominations Concert special #GRAMMY, 11/30 @ 10pmET/PT.

TheGRAMMYs The GRAMMYs

We're happy to announce @LupeFiasco & @Ludacris have been added to the lineup for the GRAMMY Nominations Concert 11/30 on @CBS! #GRAMMYnoms

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    3 more performers added, including Sugarland. No Carrie of course. With 3 country acts already performing, I guess we can rule Carrie out. I am surprised about Sugarland as they had a quiet year so I don't expect them to get any nominations this year.

CBSTweet CBS Tweet by TheGRAMMYs

This Just In: @sugarlandmusic added as performer on Grammy Nominations Concert special #GRAMMY, 11/30 @ 10pmET/PT.

TheGRAMMYs The GRAMMYs

We're happy to announce @LupeFiasco & @Ludacris have been added to the lineup for the GRAMMY Nominations Concert 11/30 on @CBS! #GRAMMYnoms
    they got a lot of attention for the tragedy in Indiana tho.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    True- and I love Sugarland so I am fine with them there. But it is odd that they were asked over Carrie. Oh well.

maybe Carrie said no.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Interesting that The Band Perry was announced. I wonder if they stand a chance at a nomination, seeing as IIDY was nominated last year. If IIDY was just nominated for Country Song last year, is it eligible for Duo/Group Performance this year?
    I don't even remember what was submitted for them this year lol.

Concert Stars
    This is just the nominations concert - I've never watched it - maybe Carrie will sing at the Grammy Awards - was Remind Me submitted for a Grammy?

Concert Stars
    ^ The Band Perry is eligible for Best New Artist since they were not nominated last year for that yet, and the rules state that since they did not win an award last year, they are still eligible for Best New Artist this year. Alot of people expect them to have a decent shot to win, unless Nikki Minaj wins BNA.

But they submitted IIDY last year so it would not be eligible. Their new song was submitted though. I have the Grammy country fields list.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    I was surprised too that Sugarland was added, since they have nothing to be nominated for. BUT - I keep hearing rumors of a duet with Lady GaGa...

Concert Stars
    Well that would be pretty epic for Sugarland to duet with Gaga. People would watch that all over the world.

•