Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Peoples Choice Award Noms Out: No carrie

Well the bad luck streak snd snubbing continues. They nominated ten people for favorite country artist and carrie didnt even make the top ten to score a nom.

Pcas are not based on sales like the AMAs or Billboard awards so the snub of carrie makes no sense. I am truly convinced that her label is either not submitting her name in order to promote miranda--- or something is very very wrong here. If carrie cannot even make the top ten then she is in serious trouble.

This means she will not attend the pcas as she is not even nominated. This will be the second year in a row she misses the pcas and Amas. If she us not nominated for a grammy or doesn't attend like last year then it will be the second year in a row she misses the grammys too.

This hibernation is not helping her career at all. People think she quit or was replaced by taylor and miranda. Her absence from all the mainstream award shows for the second year in a row will just reinforce what everyone is saying- that she is old news and done.

I really hope her team knows what they are doing and has a plan. The lack of a 5th single and complete hibernation in 2011 is really hurting carrie now.
    Last edited by teesharky; 10-18-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Concert Stars
    Aww, that sucks. Thanks for the info Tee.

Concert Stars
    Can we write her in? Repeatedly?

Concert Stars
    I am shocked that Carrie is not in the top 10 and Sugarland is when they also had a quiet year! Anyhow, it's the PCA, who cares!

Concert Stars
    Carrie is being snubbed all over the place!

Hey, quick question, is Rizzoli & Isles, Angie Harmon, and/or Sasha Alexander nominated? Because on Twitter, people are saying to vote for them but I a) don't see them on any list and b) will be pretty angry if they got a nomination and Carrie didn't. That makes me sound bitter and whatnot because they aren't even in the same categories, but I don't care. xD

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Sugarland got in and Carrie didn't? WOW - I'm biased, but that is just messed up, considering like Zman said; that they've had a quiet year lately. That bites.

Concert Stars
    Carrie's year wasn't even all that quiet...I don't know what the time period is, but I'm sure she did something in it. Maybe not a world tour like Taylor, and not a huge amount of press like Miranda, but she did stuff.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The PCAs aren't a big deal, and I don't think it is something that label's submit their artists for. It's not the end of the world lol. Her career is not ending! That is ridiculous.

Where are these people that think Carrie's retired? I've heard no such talk. Those people are probably just trolls who don't like Carrie anyway. Carrie will be fine!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I don't know what is going on but something is and has been going on behind the scenes with Carrie, her management and record labels, etc.. Everything just does not add up to explain why no 5th single, no news of a new single, no news of an album, taking a year to make the album, etc.. along with not submitting her name to be nominated for any awards or her label supporting her. All this is very suspicious and it just does not add up to the fact that "she wanted to take a year off". She has not exactly been quiet this year----I am not buying all the garbage. I still think things have happened and is still happening behind the scenes. Just my opinion. I am not worried about her popularity or her ability to sell albums. She will do ok.

Concert Stars
    I still just don't feel PO era was given the credit and respect it deserved.
    There were absolutely award worthy songs on it. It sold multiple million copies. And the tour for it was huge and very successful (and lucrative!).
    There were big changes that shifted the public perception of things. No one here can deny that. And I personally believe those changes came from within (the label).
    I don't feel like the singles choices were smart or particularly effective. The tie-in's to fox and AI did not have the same affect as in the past cause Carries label did not support her through them.
    The award season throughout PO's run was really quite brutal if you consider what Carrie and her personal team were probably expecting.
    I know it is not right to "expect" anything, but I do believe that Carrie and her personal team have worked very hard "within the system" to aline themselves with the wishes and requirements of the establishement. Only to have the entire PO era stripped clean of any real consideration all together.
    Is it wrong to showcase Miranda? Of course not. But why not showcase any artist that is having success. Why must you choose to support one over another? Why was the biggest argument of the entire PO era "it's Mirandas time"? What does that even mean? When Carrie is putting out music that radio is playing and her CD is selling like hotcakes and her tour is selling out better than in any year previous, What is the problem??
    This all brings me to the feeling that Carrie herself, in her own heart, started to get the feeling that she was playing by a set of rules that were just not going to play fair. I think she knows now more than ever what T.Keith has always said. The system sucks! And it does not award quality as much as it manufactures a false reality that the public then plays along with.
    I get the feeling that Carrie and her new found foundation in life (her husband), may have sat down and asked themselves some big questions about Carries career, her direction, her intentions, her desires and dreams.
    When every dream has come true, "where do you go from there?".
    I am not at all confident about her relationship with the label. Are they trying to sink her? Of course not! Are they supporting her with a clear and unfailing commitment? NOOOOOOOO!
    And I think Carrie knows that. I think things have changed in the way that Carrie views herself within the label. And I think it is starting to show, not from the persepective of the way the label is treating Carrie, but in the way "she is viewing them".
    I am looking so forward to new music from her but I think she is going through some soul searching right now and I don't think the label is completely on her side while she does it.
    I want huge success for her. And I want her at the top of every chart. But mostly, I wnat Carrie to have a confidence that says "I am in charge of my own life". That is where great music will come from.
    The fact that Temporary Home" was treated as poorly as it was by so many from within tells me that they are not viewing Carrie with clear and unblemished eyes. That song was a culmination of everything that Carrie has worked her whole life for. And it was picked apart like used cloths at a rummage sale.
    No, I thnk that Carrie has switched gears. Wether because of or inspite of the label a new Carrie is emurging.
    And all I have to do is go watch HGTA with 8 mil. views to know that whatever becomes of her in this new world is going to be worth the wait and worth going through the refining fires to get to!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Well the bad luck streak snd snubbing continues. They nominated ten people for favorite country artist and carrie didnt even make the top ten to score a nom.

Pcas are not based on sales like the AMAs or Billboard awards so the snub of carrie makes no sense. I am trulh convinced that her label is either not submitting her name in order to promote miranda--- or something is very very wrong here. If carrie cannot even make the top ten then she is in serious trouble.

This means she will not attend the pcas as she is not even nominated. This will be the second year in a row she misses thd pcas and Amas. If she us not nominated for a grammy or blows it off again like last year then it will be the secobd year in a row she misses thd grammys too.

This hiberbation is not helping her career at all. People think she quit or was replaced by taylor and miranda. Her absence from all the mainstream award shows for the second year in a row will just reinforce what everyone is saying- that she is old news and done.

I really hope her team knows what they are doing and has a plan. The lack of a 5th single and complete hibernation in 2011 is really hurting carrie now.
    Well, it sounds like her career is over then.../sarcasm

Concert Stars
    Well the good thing is thats another stupid award show i dont have to watch....
    For along time i played golf just to get accolades and win money..... Now that i ripped my rotator cuff and cant play for a few months im discovering just how much i love the game.....
    I think taking this time off Carrie is discovering the same thing.... SHE IS DOING WHAT SHE LOVES AND ITS ABOUT THE MUSIC NOT THE ACCOLADES!!!!!!

Concert Stars
    ^I KNOW! Play On was AMAZING! Her tour was phenomenal! She was just...that era was just fantastic and she didn't get any sort of actual recognition for it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    supercarriefan is right, it is only the PCA's.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    I don't know what is going on but something is and has been going on behind the scenes with Carrie, her management and record labels, etc.. Everything just does not add up to explain why no 5th single, no news of a new single, no news of an album, taking a year to make the album, etc.. along with not submitting her name to be nominated for any awards or her label supporting her. All this is very suspicious and it just does not add up to the fact that "she wanted to take a year off". She has not exactly been quiet this year----I am not buying all the garbage. I still think things have happened and is still happening behind the scenes. Just my opinion. I am not worried about her popularity or her ability to sell albums. She will do ok.

agree. I think something is going on behind the scenes regarding her contract or something--- but Carrie is too classy to discuss it publicly. Ever since Joe Galante left, her career has been on a downward spiral compared to what it was when he was here. It all started with the CMA EOTY snub, and the label block voting for Miranda instead of Carrie despite the fact that Carrie's PO tour was MASSIVE and got rave reviews---- while Miranda was selling to 1-2k venues at the time.

Something is very rotten in Denmark. We may never find out what is going on behind the scenes as Carrie is not the type to whine or announce her dirty laundry to the world. But something is not adding up here.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I disagree though because now it is only the PCAS, but then it is only the AMAs, only the ACMS, only the CMTs, only the Grammys, only the CMAS snubbing Carrie too. What award show does count these days? lol Seriously.

I am not attacking you at all-- but I am just being honest. People belittle award shows whenever Carrie is not nominated, acting like they don't matter. Well they clearly do matter or else labels would not fight so hard for nominations and performance slots, etc.

Being nominated and beeing seen at award shows with the other A-list celebs is a vital part of keeping your name out there. It is not the stupid award itself I care about, but the benefits to Carrie by attending, doing red carpets, getting her face and name out there again. She skipped them all last year, so I was sure this year she would be visible at all the main award shows to promote her new album or new single.

Even without a nomination, Carrie could have presented as she never ever does that it seems, outside of country shows.

All these stupid award shows matter because they helped make Carrie the huge star she is today. Each and every appearance Carrie made at award shows in the past helped solidify her in the business as an A-list celeb, as she was seen mingling with the elite of country music, etc. Being seen at these events is almost as important as winning the awards themselves: it creates the appearance that you are on top of your game, and being honored as the best in the industry, no matter how dumb the award may seem to you. It matters.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    You're absolutely right. It is only the PCa's.
    Unfortunately for me, PCA's represent one of my all time favorite Carrie moments.
    IKYW at the PCA's was like a moment stopped in time for me. It was altogether perfect.
    So yes, it's only the pesky PCA's but it is a bittersweet feeling for me that I know I don't have to bother watching. Cause I also know it is a moment that is lost further back in time.
    And to, you have to admit not even making top ten in country? Thats a head scratcher.
    I can guarentee if you asked 100 people off the street to name to the top 10 country acts today, they probably could not mention 10 for starters, but everyone would include Carrie Underwood. Absolutely guarenteed!
    So whats up guys? Whats up?

Concert Stars
    Agree. I do think Carrie was much more upset by the EOTY snubs etc then she let on publicly. She did admit she was disappointed, but maybe it went further then that. She basically admitted on the fanclub in her comment recently that she was rethinking everything, so something led her to do that. I think there is much more going on behind the scenes then she will ever let on. She is too classy to publicly slam her label or air her dirty laundry.,

But I am worried that Carrie may not realize how much it matters to be seen at award shows for the promotion and buzz factor. If she asked them to take her name off the ballots and out of the running, then she may not realize how much this will hurt her in the long run. I would rather it be that they snubbed her, then that Carrie simply gave up on award shows.

She won alot in the past when she had the label support of Joe Galante. Ever since Gary Overton came on board, she has lot almost all her awards, and is now not even being nominated. Something definitely changed, and not in Carrie's favor.

It is very odd that they won't even tell us the year or season the album is coming out. They do owe us fans some courtesy. I think we deserve that much at least after all our support over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I still just don't feel PO era was given the credit and respect it deserved.
    There were absolutely award worthy songs on it. It sold multiple million copies. And the tour for it was huge and very successful (and lucrative!).
    There were big changes that shifted the public perception of things. No one here can deny that. And I personally believe those changes came from within (the label).
    I don't feel like the singles choices were smart or particularly effective. The tie-in's to fox and AI did not have the same affect as in the past cause Carries label did not support her through them.
    The award season throughout PO's run was really quite brutal if you consider what Carrie and her personal team were probably expecting.
    I know it is not right to "expect" anything, but I do believe that Carrie and her personal team have worked very hard "within the system" to aline themselves with the wishes and requirements of the establishement. Only to have the entire PO era stripped clean of any real consideration all together.
    Is it wrong to showcase Miranda? Of course not. But why not showcase any artist that is having success. Why must you choose to support one over another? Why was the biggest argument of the entire PO era "it's Mirandas time"? What does that even mean? When Carrie is putting out music that radio is playing and her CD is selling like hotcakes and her tour is selling out better than in any year previous, What is the problem??
    This all brings me to the feeling that Carrie herself, in her own heart, started to get the feeling that she was playing by a set of rules that were just not going to play fair. I think she knows now more than ever what T.Keith has always said. The system sucks! And it does not award quality as much as it manufactures a false reality that the public then plays along with.
    I get the feeling that Carrie and her new found foundation in life (her husband), may have sat down and asked themselves some big questions about Carries career, her direction, her intentions, her desires and dreams.
    When every dream has come true, "where do you go from there?".
    I am not at all confident about her relationship with the label. Are they trying to sink her? Of course not! Are they supporting her with a clear and unfailing commitment? NOOOOOOOO!
    And I think Carrie knows that. I think things have changed in the way that Carrie views herself within the label. And I think it is starting to show, not from the persepective of the way the label is treating Carrie, but in the way "she is viewing them".
    I am looking so forward to new music from her but I think she is going through some soul searching right now and I don't think the label is completely on her side while she does it.
    I want huge success for her. And I want her at the top of every chart. But mostly, I wnat Carrie to have a confidence that says "I am in charge of my own life". That is where great music will come from.
    The fact that Temporary Home" was treated as poorly as it was by so many from within tells me that they are not viewing Carrie with clear and unblemished eyes. That song was a culmination of everything that Carrie has worked her whole life for. And it was picked apart like used cloths at a rummage sale.
    No, I thnk that Carrie has switched gears. Wether because of or inspite of the label a new Carrie is emurging.
    And all I have to do is go watch HGTA with 8 mil. views to know that whatever becomes of her in this new world is going to be worth the wait and worth going through the refining fires to get to!

Concert Stars
    Unfortunately for me, PCA's represent one of my all time favorite Carrie moments.
    IKYW at the PCA's was like a moment stopped in time for me. It was altogether perfect.
    So yes, it's only the pesky PCA's but it is a bittersweet feeling for me that I know I don't have to bother watching. Cause I also know it is a moment that is lost further back in time.
    And to, you have to admit not even making top ten in country? Thats a head scratcher.
    I can guarentee if you asked 100 people off the street to name to the top 10 country acts today, they probably could not mention 10 for starters, but everyone would include Carrie Underwood. Absolutely guarenteed!
    agree. Lately people keep saying "only the AMAs", "only the PCAS", only this, only that. Well, what award show does count then? lol

Makes me wonder what is going on that Carrie did not make the top 10 country acts. That is sad and scary beyond belief.

Been asking myself that. What is up?

I get what the others saying that it is just the PCAs. Agree, it is not prestigious at all, you don't get introduced as the PCA-winning artist so and so. But set of nominees for awards like the PCAs to me serves as an indicator of who among the artists are being viewed as the ones with the most buzz and popularity.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast