Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

1st Round of American Music Awards Performers Announced

I realize it is unlikely that Carrie will perform unless we get a surprise lead single performance...but I thought it was interesting that some are performing despite NO nominations--- so Carrie could too.

Performers announced:

David Guetta feat. Usher
    Justin Bieber
    Kelly Clarkson
    Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
    Jennifer Lopez
    Katy Perry
    LMFAO
    Nicki Minaj

American Music Awards - Music Lounge - ABC.com
    Last edited by teesharky; 10-15-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I realize it is unlikely that Carrie will perform unless we get a surprise lead single performance...but I thought it was interesting that some are perfomring despite NO nominations--- so Carrie could too.

Performers announced:

David Guetta feat. Usher
    Justin Bieber
    Kelly Clarkson
    Jennifer Lopez
    Katy Perry
    LMFAO
    Nicki Minaj

Hey Tee is LMFAO a new Abbreviation for SWIFTY.... LOL

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yeah a few yrs ago they did away w/ that only the winners performed and attend. It is well watch so if Carrie has anything it would be nice but unless she has a album to buy I'm not sure it would be that valuable to perform a single. Should be fun. This will be the 1st time they have host in quite a while. Carrie and Brad really made the awards show sit up and take notice.

Concert Stars
    lol That is a good one! lol Since SWIFTY performed last year, I am praying she is not in the lineup this year.

I bet the country slots will be Lady A to promote their new album, and Miranda will get Carrie's slot this year to promote her new album too.

I think that sucks cuz I want Carrie there.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    GRRRRRRRR--I want Carrie to perform too----------------------------

Concert Stars
    Boy we like to torture ourselves don't we!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I realize it is unlikely that Carrie will perform unless we get a surprise lead single performance...but I thought it was interesting that some are performing despite NO nominations--- so Carrie could too.

Performers announced:

David Guetta feat. Usher
    Justin Bieber
    Kelly Clarkson
    Jennifer Lopez
    Katy Perry
    LMFAO
    Nicki Minaj

Sorry, but with the exception of Kelly, that's a crappy list of "singers". Autotuned, lifeless pop songs really aren't my thing. I won't be too heartbroken if Carrie is not among them. She'd make them look like a joke.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ and that makes Carrie all the more likely to stand out in her performance which will blow everyone away and receive big headlines for it. who knows, that may help out another video going viral
    anyways, ANY kind of promo would be good.
    going to awards shows is about promoting and getting the artist and work out there, not so much about other performers.

Concert Stars
    I am not getting my hopes up as Carrie has not said one word about a lead single or the new album.....so if there is no lead single she won't be performing at the AMAs.

Her only other option would be to do "Remind Me" with Brad, but I kind of doubt they would do that. If Brad performs, I think he would do a new single.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Seeing that the show is only a little more than a month a way and there hasn't even been a peep of a single being released I would be very surprised if Carrie performs.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

Sorry, but with the exception of Kelly, that's a crappy list of "singers". Autotuned, lifeless pop songs really aren't my thing. I won't be too heartbroken if Carrie is not among them. She'd make them look like a joke.
    Crappy pretty much describes 90% of the entire music business now a days.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm not surprised with the list of singers since they're all pretty big. I know it's probably unlikely but I would like for Carrie to preform at the AMA's

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I agree.
    Kelly will show all the others on that list how it's done. She's the real deal while the others performing need to rely on gimmicks and autotune. Christina can sing, but she has always had an issue with over-singing.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I agree.
    Kelly will show all the others on that list how it's done. She's the real deal while the others performing need to rely on gimmicks and autotune. Christina can sing, but she has always had an issue with over-singing.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice Christina and Maroon 5 were on the list until you pointed that out. Christina is my favorite female singer (other than Carrie, of course), so I absolutely love her. But I do find something about "Moves Like Jagger" to be incredibly annoying; it'd be nice if Christina got a chance to perform one of her own songs. But considering how the "Bionic" era turned out, I'm glad she is getting a chance to perform at all. Plus, her vocals seem really toned down on this one; I don't hear any oversinging on her part.

Christina Aguilera's part on "Moves Like Jagger" was pretty low, that's why she didn't have oversinging on it. Anyhow, I'm not crazy about their performance. They had performed once on the Voice and Adam Levine looks pretty staled and Christina didn't save the performance enough. The vocals were okay but it's just so boring, and the song itself burnt out on me...For a solo performance of hers, it'd really be impossible. If she sings one of her old hits like "Beautiful" it would be so odd. If she sings one of the songs from "Bionic" like "You Lost Me" it'd be like old news. If she sings a song from her "Burlesque" soundtrack it wouldn't help her much either. The only option for her would be doing a cover if she has to sing solo which will still be strange.

Anyhow, I'm most surprised by Jennifer Lopez. For her entire 'comeback' era, she's only performed once in the US, which is on the American Idol, with "On The Floor" (Featuring Pitbull), and during her album releases week, she went out to promote everywhere but did not even sing a note. And now that "I'm Into You" (Featuring Lil Wayne) underperformed, "Papi" flopped, and her album "Love?" is struggling, she's finally performing again in spite of the already-lost momentum.

We shall watch Katy Perry performance of "The One That Got Away" on UK X-Factor later today to know whether her vocals will be disastrous on this show.

And although I don't really like their new single, I'm glad that LMFAO is getting a slot to perform "Sexy and I Know It". "Party Rock Anthem" was just too big to neglect them I guess. They're at the same situation of Pitbull's solo work. He didn't get to perform "Give Me Everything" on a major award show until only recently. If he's lucky, I suppose he might get a chance to perform his new single, "International Love", with Chris Brown.

I think Usher is a good singer as well. David Guetta doesn't sing so don't worry.

I suppose we should be seeing Rihanna performing "We Found Love" or her second single as well. She performed a medley of "Love The Way You Lie, Part 2", "What's My Name?" and "Only Girl (In The World)" last year which was pretty good and sent OG to #1 on the Hot 100 (with the discount as well, of course). Same goes to Lady GaGa, I'm guessing she'll perform "Marry The Night". She needs the exposure now that radios don't embrace her anymore.

I suppose Kelly will perform "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)".

I doubt Miranda Lambert will get to perform. Lady Antebellum will solely represent country IMO. Although I really can't count Taylor Swift out, afterall, she's re-releasing "Speak Now"...

I think we will see someone else performing with Nicki Minaj, very possibly Drake with "Make Me Proud". I doubt she'll sing "Super Bass" again.

I hope hope hope ADELE will perform on the show, singing either "Someone Like You" or "Set Fire To The Rain". Or even just a random album track like "Lovesong".

^^Are they moving on from Mr. Know-It-All?

Concert Stars
    It's not impossible as Carrie is a multi AMA award winner... If she had new material coming out sometime soon, I'd say yes... But since we really don't have a timeline as to the album and single release, I'd bet she won't be performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    ^^Are they moving on from Mr. Know-It-All?
    It hasn't been announced but MKIA is not showing promising movements on Pop.

Concert Stars

Performers announced:

David Guetta feat. Usher
    Justin Bieber
    Kelly Clarkson
    Jennifer Lopez
    Katy Perry
    LMFAO
    Nicki Minaj

I LOVE LMFAO! "I Am Not a Whore." is such a funny song! Techno sound, crazy lyrics...WIN! xD

I won't be watching, though, unless Carrie's doing something.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well I kinda hope that Carrie doesn't perform because my goodness this is one show that I'd like to avoid!!! Are they joking with the announced hosts???? WOW!

I think I'll just be saving my hearing for another day!!!!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast