Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar

Faith Hill is making a comeback, and is performing her new single at the CMAs!

Faith to perform at the 45th Annual CMA Awards

Faith will be performing at the 45th Annual CMA Awards on Wednesday, November 9th! This will be Faith's first CMA Awards performance in 5 years! For more info on the CMA Awards, please visit cmaworld.com

http://www.faithhill.com/site.php?em2913=191902_-1__0_~0_-1_10_2011_0_0&content=news

Supposedly, the new single is called "Come Home".

OMG Finally,i love her!! Yay thanks for posting this <3

http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/10/06/f...me-cma-awards/

Faith Hill hasn’t officially released a new single since 2007′s “Red Umbrella,” which went to No. 28 on Billboard’s Country Songs chart. But EW has learned exclusively that the country superstar is planning to make her long-awaited comeback by performing a new single, “Come Home,” at this year’s 45th Annual CMA Awards, which will air Nov. 9 on ABC at 8 p.m.
    Virtually no details are available about the song, but in February, Hill was quoted as saying that she’d soon be in the studio working on an album of new material. Naturally, she was tight-lipped about what she was recording. “I’m not even prepared to talk about it right now,” she told Billboard at the time. “I’m right in the middle of it, so it’s really hard to describe what it is until I’m done. That’s the honest truth. I’ll be able to tell more, maybe once I come out of the studio in the spring.”
    Hill hasn’t been in the recording studio in quite a while. Her last new album was Fireflies, which debuted on top the Billboard 200 and Top Country Albums chart when it came out in August 2005. Subsequent albums were 2007′s The Hits and a holiday compilation, Joy to the World, in 2008.
    The CMA Awards are set to be hosted by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, who have done the job three times before. Besides Hill, other performers for the night include Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, Paisley, Jason Aldean, and Keith Urban.
    Last edited by Liatush; 10-07-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Concert Stars
    I am indeed conflicted about this.
    Of course time has passed and the wounds are healed.
    Nothing could have healed those wounds better than Carries success in the last 6 years.
    But "once bitten twice shy" is really all I can say right now.
    I do still remember, and yes, it felt like it happened to a memeber of my family.
    I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. And mostly, I remember the pride I felt as a fan of this site and that I knew we were all rallied round our sets (and computers) watching it. So when it happened it was such a sucker punch. Such a moment that overshadowed the win for weeks.
    "What......?!" became a phrase in our venacular. Carrie winning her first vocal award from the CMA paled by comparison to the talk about Hill.
    That became my big problem. What to do with the feelings of beng robbed of that moment.
    For me the whole sequence after that moment was like watching a kid get made fun of in front of the whole school.
    I never go back and watch that award speech. It's too hard.
    I know Carrie didn't know what happened but I knew and it was humiliating.
    And the feelings I have knowing that Carrie ultimately did see the clip and the sinking in her stomach that she must have felt (there is no way that this did not effect her) was as bad as the Kanye dibacle except that this was coming from someone she admired and wished to be like.
    Oh well. To say I am conflicted is just scratching the surface.
    Carrie will never admit how that felt for her cause she will never show weakness. And Faith will never really fess up to how hurtful it ended up being because that could blemish her career.
    So I as a fan am left with no closure.
    Just the memory.
    I hope she sings well at CMA and I know she is very talented.
    But the standing O that is inevitably coming (cause alot of people are going to want to make up for all the bad press) is just going to be alittle bitter for me.
    But I know that Carrie will be standing along side every other person in that room. And that, I guess, is the closure I will have.
    Carrie, stronger and more in control of her own life than ever before.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    NEVER bought Faith's apology, personally the ONLY thing that I think she was sorry for was getting caught on camera.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I believe she went to Carrie's wedding. There's no rift between them - and that says a lot for our girl. Carrie takes the high road, and her dignified tolerance and respect shown to others sets an example that parts of the industry sorely need.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I believe she went to Carrie's wedding. There's no rift between them - and that says a lot for our girl. Carrie takes the high road, and her dignified tolerance and respect shown to others sets an example that parts of the industry sorely need.
    Splendedly stated.
    And yes, it makes it easier to see Faith in a fresh perspective.
    I just wish so much that it never happened.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I am indeed conflicted about this.
    Of course time has passed and the wounds are healed.
    Nothing could have healed those wounds better than Carries success in the last 6 years.
    But "once bitten twice shy" is really all I can say right now.
    I do still remember, and yes, it felt like it happened to a memeber of my family.
    I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. And mostly, I remember the pride I felt as a fan of this site and that I knew we were all rallied round our sets (and computers) watching it. So when it happened it was such a sucker punch. Such a moment that overshadowed the win for weeks.
    "What......?!" became a phrase in our venacular. Carrie winning her first vocal award from the CMA paled by comparison to the talk about Hill.
    That became my big problem. What to do with the feelings of beng robbed of that moment.
    For me the whole sequence after that moment was like watching a kid get made fun of in front of the whole school.
    I never go back and watch that award speech. It's too hard.
    I know Carrie didn't know what happened but I knew and it was humiliating.
    And the feelings I have knowing that Carrie ultimately did see the clip and the sinking in her stomach that she must have felt (there is no way that this did not effect her) was as bad as the Kanye dibacle except that this was coming from someone she admired and wished to be like.
    Oh well. To say I am conflicted is just scratching the surface.
    Carrie will never admit how that felt for her cause she will never show weakness. And Faith will never really fess up to how hurtful it ended up being because that could blemish her career.
    So I as a fan am left with no closure.
    Just the memory.
    I hope she sings well at CMA and I know she is very talented.
    But the standing O that is inevitably coming (cause alot of people are going to want to make up for all the bad press) is just going to be alittle bitter for me.
    But I know that Carrie will be standing along side every other person in that room. And that, I guess, is the closure I will have.
    Carrie, stronger and more in control of her own life than ever before.
    WOW, that was nicely stated! A am gibing you a standing ovation for you well though out post!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Agree, when Faith apologized to Carrie she accepted it -- it was good to see Faith and Tim at their wedding. I think a lot of people were surprised that night when Carrie won (even Carrie).

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    Agree, when Faith apologized to Carrie she accepted it -- it was good to see Faith and Tim at their wedding. I think a lot of people were surprised that night when Carrie won (even Carrie).
    Faith was not the least bit surprised.
    Quite the contrary.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I wonder if Faith's comeback will be like Shania's... big hype and then fall flat.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    First, I don't think Tim & Faith were at her wedding, I think that was a rumor that spread like wildfire. And second, why should she be given a standing ovation just because she's returning from a hiatus that she chose for herself????? (For the record I didn't think that Sara Evans really deserved one for her performance at the ACMs either -- lots of people go through bitter divorces that are played out in the press for all to see!) I'm sure Faith will get one but I sure won't be standing.

For all we know, maybe one of the reasons for the hiatus was because of the backlash and flack from her 'What' dissing of Carrie.

Sorry guys I guess my bitter betty is showing today. I am by nature a pretty forgiving person but don't quite understand why there seems to be a different standard for Carrie. And why, in her short fabulous career has she had to endure so many snubs eg. the What incident and last year's ETOTY snubs????? Carrie has sorta been on hiatus this year they better give her a SO as well!!!!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    I wonder if Faith's comeback will be like Shania's... big hype and then fall flat.
    It's certainly going to be interesting to see what happens. I read one article where after the 2006 incident things haven't been exactly rosy for her! Although, I think her Christmas cd sold pretty well.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    NEVER bought Faith's apology, personally the ONLY thing that I think she was sorry for was getting caught on camera.
    She wasnt really caught on camera, I mean she yelled directly to the camera lol. I always said she was on something at that moment, playing dork, looking to the roof when they said her name...

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I am not so sure Faith was at Carrie's wedding. The magazine also said that SWSRN and Garth were there. Tim even had a concert that night.

Whether Faith Hill was joking or not, we will never ever know for sure, only she knows the truth. One thing I know with certainty, however, is that Carrie tackled that issue with dignity and class all throughout that whole business.

CMT : News : Carrie Underwood: On Faith Hill and Paying Dues

Carrie let the issue go years ago, and that's good enough for me. I love Faith's music, so I'm excited she's finally coming out with new material again.

Next year's female vocalist race should be interesting.

I didn't buy Faith apology at all. That same night they reported Carrie was at a party and Faith asked if Carrie was there before coming in. When Faith Hill got the information Carrie was already at that party Faith decided to not join in. No matter if Faith was joking or not I would prefer her to come in and apologize in person to Carrie, not by phone and not hearing lame excuses by going to Oprah.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm no Shania fan, but it's a little unfair to say her comeback fell flat when she hasn't had one yet. She has no current album, and there has been no word as to when it''s coming out. There's been no word of a single or tour happening anytime soon, either. She eased back into the spotlight with "Why Not," but she disappeared as quickly as she came.

When Shania is ready to truly make a full-comback, no doubt there will be buzz. She is legendary in country music & her fans seem to be eagerly awaiting her return to country music. Shania will have new material when she's ready & I'm sure she won't disappear as quickly as she did this year.
    Wait to call her "comeback" a flop until she actually has one, and we have something to measure it by (tour, album, etc).

As for Faith, I don't know what to expect in terms of a response to her comeback at the CMA's. She has never seemed to have the loyal fanbases that so many country artists do, so I hope she's able to find an audience that will give her a fair chance.
    I think most people outside of country music have largely forgotten what she did to Carrie; Carrie responded shortly after that she didn't even see Faith's response until later & that Faith called her to apologize very soon after.

If Carrie and Faith can put this behind them, so can everyone else. Everyone makes mistakes, and I think Faith has gotten enough flak for this, IMO.
    I don't think anything can impact Faith's comback when it comes to the industry response; they must've invited her to perform, otherwise she wouldn't be onstage. Both Faith & Tim seem to have solid reputations within the industry as great artists who are very sweet & down-to-earth people.
    Faith is somewhat of a legend in country music & she has gotten lots of praise for her voice & albums over the years.
    I think the industry will give her a warm response because they truly missed her, not just because she's been on hiatus.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ I concur Carrieflattsfan, Shania hasn't even had a "comeback" yet. she just had a television show to promote her BOOK. the song was like therapy for her on the show so she released it afterwards probably to give a bit of hope to her fans that she WILL try and come back soon. She will be headlining the Vegas area sometime next year. let's see where she goes from there

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by _luvqry View Post
    I didn't buy Faith apology at all. That same night they reported Carrie was at a party and Faith asked if Carrie was there before coming in. When Faith Hill got the information Carrie was already at that party Faith decided to not join in. No matter if Faith was joking or not I would prefer her to come in and apologize in person to Carrie, not by phone and not hearing lame excuses by going to Oprah.
    This itself was a rumor. I don't mean to keep beating the horse with the stick, but when Faith reacted the way she did it was out of a negative place. She reacted the same way one her husband beat her at some award (I'll try and find the source). I will say that it wasn't smart on her part from a publicity viewpoint, but its been years since then. Faith has always been professional and she's always been a class act, it is not natural for someone to flip like people are saying she did.

Okay minirant is over. Looking forward to new music for her, and the female vocal spot next year will be very interesting. It might be an actual competition instead who has the most hype.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast