Concert Stars

Ashley Monroe -Carry On

Ashley has just released Carry On which is free to download from her website just follow the link.Ashley Monroe Splash

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Thanks for that!
    The song is autobiographical. Ashley's father died suddenly at the start of her teens. She persuaded her mother that if they moved to Nashville and home-schooled, she could make it as a songwriter. She was accepted by the publishing wing, but had to wait several years before Sony let her record. Despite giving her two videos and duets with two established Country stars, they sat on the album and never gave it a hard copy release. In my view, she's streets ahead of other girls who came up through the publishing houses, both as a writer and a singer.

There's a lot of true, heartfelt feeling in that song - it's brave of her to put it out.
    Listen too, if you can to "Canary" (written by Matt King, but sung with beautiful realism by Ashley). One of the best songs of the last couple of years, it's on the compilation album "This Is My America" (volume II, I think)

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I love this song. It's a gorgeously written song, and I think Ashley has an amazing voice. I'm hoping she finds some solo success.

•