Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Rascal Flatts Invited to Become the newest members of Grand Ole Opry

As you guys can imagine, I'm still freaking out over this. I was listening to the audio, and got chills when Vince Gill came out and started talking.

In all the years I've been a fan, I don't think I've seen them more humbled & touched, and I was just listening to the audio. They were at a loss for words.

In a twist of a irony, Tiffany tweeted she was taking Jagger (their three-year-old son) to the Opry to see Joe Don play the Opry for the first time.

@jennifertoy: Soo proud of @rascalflatts @JoeDonRooney @JayDeMarcus and Gary for becoming the newest members of The Opry!!

meganbesler: Cannot express how proud I am of @rascalflatts right now!!!!!!! #fb

@IHeartFlatts: That was absolutley amazing to hear. Completely freaking out. Still have chills. Holy crap. #FeelsGreatToBeAFlattsFan

Here's the moment of surprise! @rascalflatts asked to join the Opry family! Grand Ole Opry's photo "Here's the moment of surprise..." on WhoSay

@joltmanns: Congrats @JayDeMarcus @JoeDonRooney ... Tears & chills for the @Opry invite!! You deserve it!!!! THANK YOU for making music that matters!!!

@cmtt: That was amazing! So happy to be here tonight. @vincegill just asked @rascalflatts .... Pictures soon :-)

sara_weaver: Woah! @rascalflatts just invited to be @opry members by @VGcom! congrats guys

@brian_mansfield::Tonight, Vince Gill invited @rascalflatts to join the @Opry. Then they sang "Whenever You Come Around" together. They'll be inducted Oct. 8.

@Opry: @vincegill just invited @rascalflatts to be members of the Grand Ole Opry!

@epicamends: Congrats @rascalflatts on being invited to join the @opry! I'm sure Carrie Underwood will be there for your induction!

@dustycountry: Holy cow!!!! @rascalflatts new members of the @opry !!!! OMG!!! consider my world rocked and my week made!!!

@country_fever: Awesome! RT @opry: @vincegill just invited @rascalflatts to be members of the Grand Ole Opry!

@chankthefiddler: Congrats to the newest members of the Grand Ole Opry: @rascalflatts @JayDeMarcus & @JoeDonRooney !!! You totally deserve it! Wooohooo!

@Jamesotto: Congrats @JayDeMarcus & @rascallflatts on being asked to join the @opry! Huge honor!

countryweekly: Congratulations to @rascalflatts, who were invite by @vincegill to become members of the @opry!

@FollowCMT: Congrats to @RascalFlatts who were invited to join the @Opry tonight!

BSfansite: Congrats @rascalflatts!! They've been invited to join the @opry! Look out @blakeshelton

JT1045 JT: Congrats to Rascal Flatts. Vince Gill surprised the guys tonight. They are newest members of the Opry. All 3 guys were brought to tears!

http://yfrog.com/h8cp2uygj

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...-opry-14621467

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Congrats to the boys, especially my fellow Ohio St. alum Gary LeVox.

I'm so happy for them!!!

Concert Stars
    Awesome news! Congrats to Rascal Flatts!

Concert Stars
    @JayDemarcus: I am beside myself. We were asked to be members of the Grand Ole Opry tonight!!! The greatest honor ever!!! Can't believe it, am I dreaming?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    @JayDemarcus: I am beside myself. We were asked to be members of the Grand Ole Opry tonight!!! The greatest honor ever!!! Can't believe it, am I dreaming?
    Aww... great tweet! They are the sweetest guys! Just thrilled for them!

Concert Stars
    I'm so happy and excited for them!!!! I hope Carrie is there for their big night!!!!

Concert Stars
    OMG this is so great!

I said this a month or so ago-- that I hoped Rascal Flatts got inducted to the Opry next as they play there quite often...... YAY!

I bet Carrie was there tonight as she is a voting member, right? So she must have known in advance what was happening.... and they are all good friends so I bet she went to wish them well.

Insane Carrie Fan
    video of the surprise invitation

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    OMG this is so great!

I said this a month or so ago-- that I hoped Rascal Flatts got inducted to the Opry next as they play there quite often...... YAY!

I bet Carrie was there tonight as she is a voting member, right? So she must have known in advance what was happening.... and they are all good friends so I bet she went to wish them well.

Yes, I'm sure Carrie did know.

I'm sure Carrie is so proud of them & I bet she'll send her well-wishes, maybe via her next blog.

I bet she wouldn't miss their invitation for the world; they're great friends, and she's a huge fan of their music as well.

Concert Stars
    I was just thinking the other day it was time for the Opry to announce a new invite and wondering who it would be and here it is!!! How great for them - I love how everyone is so shocked to tears - it's always a wonderful moment when they are invited . I hope Carrie gets that honor to invite someone.

That's so awesome!!!!!!!!! wohoooooooo!

Concert Stars
    Congrats to them. But am I the only one that has seen a drastic downward spiral to their singles? Most of their stuff for the past couple of years has been dreadful.

Concert Stars
    awww that video made me cry. lol So happy for them.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Congrats to the boys, especially my fellow Ohio St. alum Gary LeVox.
    I am attending OS also. Very proud of the Flatts. I have been a fan since Carrie and Gary sang "Bless The Broken Road" on Idol. Man. I love these guys and have seen them twice in concert. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Concert Stars
    Congrats to them!. We are very blessed that Carrie became a member so early in her career. WOW, they been in the business for over 10 years and finally got a invitation. WE ARE SPOILED!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Congrats to them. But am I the only one that has seen a drastic downward spiral to their singles? Most of their stuff for the past couple of years has been dreadful.
    I thought "I wont let go" was their best song in a long time. such a great song.
    becca T

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Congrats to Rascal Flatts! It's great to see them finally getting this honor after many years of contributing to country music!

When you take into account that RF and Blake Shelton were inducted after ten years in the industry, Carrie is extremely lucky to have been inducted less than five years into her career. We are very lucky fans that our favorite girl has been so blessed.

Carrie Guru
    I am so happy for these guys.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Bout Time Congrats To Mine & Carrieflattsfan Boys Glad To See Them Finally Getting The Recognition They Deserve
    Last edited by carrieismy1idol; 09-29-2011 at 09:25 PM.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast