Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

LeAnn Rimes "Lady And Gentelmen" Era

Country Universe – A Country Music Blog » Album Review: LeAnn Rimes, Lady and Gentlemen

@gactv: LeAnn Rimes Pays Homage to Country Classics LeAnn Rimes Pays Homage to Country Classics

@followcmt: @LeAnnRimes releases Lady and Gentlemen. Did you get the album? CMT : News : LeAnn Rimes Releases Lady and Gentlemen

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I saw on Yahoo that her husband is defending her weight-- apparently she is like super super skinny now.

Eddie Cibrian Defends LeAnn Rimes: She 'Eats More Than I Do Sometimes' - Our Country

I bought "Swingin'" and "Crazy Women".

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I just listened to the clips on iTunes, and it seems LeAnn did a nice job covering such great songs. The only song I wished she hadn't touched was He Stopped Loving Her Today...that song is a true classic, and I'm not sure how I feel about people covering it at all.
    I feel bad that LeAnn's music career will likely never be the same due to the attention her personal life has received. However, she brought some of it on herself.
    I do hope this album does well for her, and that she can regain at least a little bit of what she once had in terms of her career.

This album isn't going anywhere, sadly...Well, her career went downhill after losing all those Pop audience, and having country radios 'abandoning' her. Her performance during "Family" and one or two eras before weren't good either.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    This album isn't going anywhere, sadly...Well, her career went downhill after losing all those Pop audience, and having country radios 'abandoning' her. Her performance during "Family" and one or two eras before weren't good either.
    I agree. From what I've read thus far, the album is receiving fantastic reviews.

LeAnn's career was already going downhill before her personal life exploded; all of that took place at the worst possible time for her.
    I think she's really talented, and I wouldn't mind hearing her on the radio, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Perhaps she has a smaller dedicated fanbase that will buy the record, but I think the general public has pretty much written her off for good.

I don't think the issue is as much what LeAnn did; it's how she did it. She gloated about cheating with a married man & insulted the chlidren's mother in public. She brought the downfall upon herself by how she acted, not what she did, in my opinion. She ruined her own career.
    Karma's coming around.
    Last edited by Carrieflattsfan; 09-29-2011 at 10:37 AM.

I think she going full-on pop previously was the point of no return.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I agree. From what I've read thus far, the album is receiving fantastic reviews.

LeAnn's career was already going downhill before her personal life exploded; all of that took place at the worst possible time for her.
    I think she's really talented, and I wouldn't mind hearing her on the radio, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Perhaps she has a smaller dedicated fanbase that will buy the record, but I think the general public has pretty much written her off for good.

I don't think the issue is as much what Leann did; it's how she did it. She basically gloated about cheating with a married man & insulting the chlidren's mother in public. She brought the downfall upon herself by how she acted, not what she did, in my opinion. She ruined her own career.
    Karma's coming around
    Totally agree with the bolded part. If she had chosen to lay low, and let the whole scandal pass a bit, she may have been better off. Instead, she and Eddie flaunted their relationship. It really bothers me that she was tweeting about Eddie's children shortly after the story broke. She had best buckle up because once those children get a bit older, they may not appreciate her at all given her part in breaking up their parents. I thought LeAnn was classier than she has shown in the last year or two.
    Oh well...like you said, Karma!

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Totally agree with the bolded part. If she had chosen to lay low, and let the whole scandal pass a bit, she may have been better off. Instead, she and Eddie flaunted their relationship. It really bothers me that she was tweeting about Eddie's children shortly after the story broke. She had best buckle up because once those children get a bit older, they may not appreciate her at all given her part in breaking up their parents. I thought LeAnn was classier than she has shown in the last year or two.
    Oh well...like you said, Karma!
    I really doubt she'll be smashing had she done what you preferred she would have done, or that the entire thing has not happened.

She dropped out of the Billboard 200 completely already.

LeAnn is just paying her dues. Go ask her 'cause she knows it really well

Ever if country radios are reluctant to play her, she could have promoted "Crazy Women" everywhere to at least get some sales. And didn't they plan to record a version called "Crazy *****es" and send it to Dance clubs? I would have bought a remix had that happened but it just didn't.

•