Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wink Rihanna - "Talk That Talk" Era

NEW RIHANNA!!!!!!

And obviously Rihanna is the most exciting person on Earth! She tweeted about WFL 37 times on Friday alone!!!

It will go #1 on iTunes ANYTIME!

Album title: "TALK THAT TALK"
    Last edited by clh_hilary; 10-22-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Album title revealed

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Don't know if I like the song. At least not yet anyways. Maybe it will take some time to grow on me, but I'm kind of thinking that Rihanna should have waited a little while longer to get some more tracks for her album before determining this as a lead single. It's a good song, but idk if it is lead single material to me. It is doing well on iTunes right now. Any news on how it's doing on radio?

It has around 5 million AIs in total, with a more than 2 million increases yesterday!

But it's now already down to #3 on iTunes, peaking at #2. I hope this isn't another "Russian Roulette".

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It has that possibility. While I love Russian Roulette...I don't know what her team was thinking picking it as a lead single to an album. Of course it has single potential, but it just wasn't a very smart move in my opinion. Maybe WFL will hit big and Rihanna won't have to worry about it though Guess we will just have to see how things play out.

Quote Originally Posted by dsfox2009 View Post
    It has that possibility. While I love Russian Roulette...I don't know what her team was thinking picking it as a lead single to an album. Of course it has single potential, but it just wasn't a very smart move in my opinion. Maybe WFL will hit big and Rihanna won't have to worry about it though Guess we will just have to see how things play out.
    RR was a pretty big hit outside of the States, but they should have just listed it as a buzz single or something and ship out "Hard" just perhaps 2 weeks after RR premiered and debuted. I think it was chosen as the lead single because it really does show the change of direction Rihanna was going, and the whole vibe for the album. "Rude Boy" would clearly not do that. "Rockstar 101" (Featuring Slash) would flop regardless. "Te Amo" could not show it either. "Hard" was close but doesn't sound like a lead single either. "Wait Your Turn" was at some point the leading single I think, but IMO altho it has the vibe for "Rated R", and has a very good swagger, which probably is its 'short-coming' as an opening single, since the album was more about taking risks, and that after the Chris Brown event, RiRi should feel more like a little scared instead of being a strong gangsta like WYT or "Hard" would present.

So "We Found Love" is slowly gaining on iTunes again, but what's surprising to me is that she has had 3 #1 singles last era, which wasn't even a year ago, she doesn't have collaborations to fill between eras this time, and the success of "Cheers (Drink To That)" shows that there're strong demand for her, despite the disturbance caused by "California King Bed". I guess that's really too soon but still I would expect it going #1 on iTunes before this chart week ends (which is impossible for now). Never expected her to move copies like Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" to dethrone Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera's "Moves Like Jagger", but still thought it could at least pull a "Judas". And this is really strange because WFL isn't like RR, it IS radio-friendly and is what people would expect from RiRi! I still think this WILL be big, and RiRi proves that she isn't ovah times and times again, shown by her ability to make "Only Girl (In The World)" #1 even after "What's My Name?" (Featuring Drake) did so!

Regardless, it's gonna enjoy a grand debut on the global tally since RiRi is a VERY strong global start rn. "Loud" moved like 6 million copies globally with only 1.4 million copies from the States. And Calvin Harris is big in Europe.

As a side note, Rihanna really does check out her performance constantly :P She even noticed that she was/is #1 on global iTunes when there isn't an official 'global' chart but only some other lesser-known sites!

EDIT: RIHANNA - We Found Love f/Calvin Harris: 7.317 (+ 1.876)

"We Found Love" opened with 117k copies with 4 days of sales, debuting at #16 on the Hot 100. It's her second-highest debut after "Love The Way You Lie" with Eminem in lead, which debuted at #2 before going #1 for 7 weeks.

On the other hand, her last "Loud" single, "Cheers (Drink To That)", has made a new peak to #7.

WFL will definitely go Top 10 next week, becoming her 20th Top 10 smash: (Bold means consecutive, Italic means #1)

1."Pon De Replay"
    2."SOS"
    3."Unfaithful"

4."Break It Off" (Featuring Sean)
    5."Umbrella" (Featuring Jay-Z)
    6."Hate That I Love You" (With Ne-Yo)
    7."Don't Stop The Music"
    8."Take A Bow"
    9."Disturbia"

- Top 10 streak ended here before starting another
    10."Live Ur Life" (With T.I. in lead)

11."Run This Town" (With Jay-Z in lead)
    12."Russian Roulette"
    13."Hard" (Featuring Young Jeezy)
    14."Rude Boy"

- Top 10 streak ended before starting another
    15."Love The Way You Lie" (With Eminem in lead)
    16."Only Girl (In The World)"
    17."What's My Name?" (Featuring Drake)
    18."S&M" (Featuring Britney Spears)

19."Cheers (Drink To That)"

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Rihanna's "We Found Love" (Featuring Calvin Harris) skyrocketed to #3 with a massive 48% points increase this past week on the Global tally, behind only Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger" (Featuring Christina Aguilera) and ADELE's "Someone Like You". SLY only edges WFL out by a minor 10000 points. It has a chance to challenge the top spot as it will have a full week of sales in Europe this coming chart week. It would be her 10th #1 single globally.

1. "S.O.S." - From her sophomore album "A Girl Like Me"
    2. "Umbrella" (Featuring Jay-Z) - From her third album "Good Girl Gone Bad"
    3. "Don't Stop The Music" - From the same album
    4. "Take A Bow" - From the 'Reloaded' version of "Good Girl Gone Bad"
    5. "Live Ur Life" (With T.I. in lead) - From T.I.'s album "Paper Trail"
    6. "Rude Boy" - From her fourth studio effort "Rated R"
    7. "Love The Way You Lie" (With Eminem in lead) - From Em's album "Recovery"
    8. "Only Girl (In The World)" - From her fifth record "Loud"
    9. "S&M" (Featuring Britney Spears) - From the above-mentioned album

It's about love as a drug, Chris Brown, violence, sex, drugs, alcohol, struggles, decisions, hope, excitement, and lifestyles. And it's now #1 on iTunes, she might sell enough to dethrone ADELE's "Someone Like You" from the Hot 100, but she'll need to sell at least 40% more to compensate the airplay gap. Globally, however, she's basically getting her next #1 in the bag. It's at #2 right now with another massive gain.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    So i love WFL i think it's really great and really fun! It's back to number one on the itunes chart, I hope it goes to number one on billboard. And I like the 2nd album cover, I don't know why cause this kinda thing doesnt usually bother me, but I hate her tongue out on the first album color, either way I'm happy she got rid of her big red hair I wasnt a fan of that. I cant wait for this album!!

Quote Originally Posted by conorlovescarrie:) View Post
    So i love WFL i think it's really great and really fun! It's back to number one on the itunes chart, I hope it goes to number one on billboard. And I like the 2nd album cover, I don't know why cause this kinda thing doesnt usually bother me, but I hate her tongue out on the first album color, either way I'm happy she got rid of her big red hair I wasnt a fan of that. I cant wait for this album!!
    It's having a big lead on iTunes but it'll have to outsell ADELE's "Someone Like You" by 40% to get to #1 on the Hot 100 this week. She will go above that mark very soon, but it already late for the week, so not this week.

But if her sales holds, she could get it next week, especially if she discounts her single like she did with "Only Girl (In The World)".

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I love Rihanna! She is like THE BUSIEST woman in music ever! Every time I turn around she is releasing something new! And all of her songs are radio hits...she just has that voice that resonates with everyone and her songs are all radio-friendly. I am in LOVE with her duet with Nicki Minaj on "Fly"!! LOVE THAT SONG!! And WFL is really good too. Heard it yesterday for the first time. It's a really different song from her and i am glad she released that one. Very unique.
    She just keeps getting better and better!

Definitely going to be remembered in history as one of the most active and most popular artists ever on radio! Every time you turn on the radio Rihanna has one song or another going!

She is one of the true greats of our generation.

Quote Originally Posted by carriefann View Post
    I love Rihanna! She is like THE BUSIEST woman in music ever! Every time I turn around she is releasing something new! And all of her songs are radio hits...she just has that voice that resonates with everyone and her songs are all radio-friendly. I am in LOVE with her duet with Nicki Minaj on "Fly"!! LOVE THAT SONG!! And WFL is really good too. Heard it yesterday for the first time. It's a really different song from her and i am glad she released that one. Very unique.
    She just keeps getting better and better!

Definitely going to be remembered in history as one of the most active and most popular artists ever on radio! Every time you turn on the radio Rihanna has one song or another going!

She is one of the true greats of our generation.
    Haha, "Rockstar 101" featuring Slash is anything but radio-friendly, just sayin'!

Yes, she's definitely the busiest woman. She's even more hard-working than Madonna, Mariah Carey and Britney Spears in their prime. And the amazing thing is most of the time she's smashing, so it's not like she was just keep trying out by releasing flops after flops every new month.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^ Yeah, exactly how many number ones does she have?

Quote Originally Posted by carriefann View Post
    ^ Yeah, exactly how many number ones does she have?
    10 on the Hot 100: "S.O.S.", "Umbrella" featuring Jay-Z, "Take A Bow", "Disturbia", "Live Ur Life" with T.I. in lead, "Rude Boy", "Love The Way You Lie" with Eminem in lead, "What's My Name?" featuring Drake, "Only Girl (In The World)", "S&M" featuring Britney Spears

7 on CHR/Top 40 (Pop radios): "Take A Bow", "Disturbia", "Live Ur Life" with T.I. in lead, "Rude Boy", "Love The Way You Lie" with Eminem in lead, "Only Girl (In The World)", "S&M"

9 on the United World Chart: "S.O.S.", "Umbrella" featuring Jay-Z, "Don't Stop The Music", "Take A Bow", "Live Ur Life" with T.I. in lead, "Rude Boy", "Love The Way You Lie" with Eminem in lead, "Only Girl (In The World)", "S&M" featuring Britney Spears

2 #1 albums on the United World Chart: "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Loud"

Rihanna's "We Found Love" (Featuring Calvin Harris) skyrocketed to #2 on the Hot 100 this week, behind ADELE's "Someone Like You", sold 231k copies and is #1 on Hot Digital Songs. She's now had 11 #1's there, the most for any artists. Eminem ranks as second with 7, both Britney Spears and Katy Perry has 6 #1's there. It also reached Top 10 on Pop radios in just a month.

On the global chart, WFL hit #1 as I've expected.

Her collaboration with Coldplay, "Princess of China", is still at #4 on iTunes.

49 def 60 66 68 rihanna loud 5,766 -5 6,043 1,497,842

5 5 3 1 RIHANNA FEAT. CALVIN HARRIS WE FOUND LOVE 231394 33 174495 814273

12 12 13 20 RIHANNA CHEERS (DRINK TO THAT) 53021 -20 66665 1161653

69 179 196 196 EMINEM FEAT. RIHANNA LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE 7793 -8 8435 4277675

Moving 300k units only in the States weekly as she shows up nowhere!

It's official. Rihanna's "We Found Love" (Featuring Calvin Harris) reached #1 on the Hot 100. Her 11th #1.

1. "SOS"
    2. "Umbrella" featuring Jay-Z
    3. "Take A Bow"
    4. "Disturbia"
    5. "Live Ur Life" (With T.I. in lead)
    6. "Rude Boy"
    7. "Love The Way You Lie" (With Eminem in lead)
    8. "What's My Name?" featuring Drake
    9. "Only Girl (In The World)"
    10."S&M (Rihmix)" featuring Britney Spears

Passed Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder, who both have 10 #1's. Now tied with the Supremes and Whitney Houston. She's only the seventh act to collect 11 #1's, and she's only behind Mariah Carey (18 #1's) and Madonna (12 #1's) for females.

WFL only hit Top 10 on Radio Songs, being the airplay gainer of the week. She has the most Top 10's tying T-Pain since "Pon De Replay" crashed into the Top 10. It also sold almost 250k copies, with a 5% increase, passing 1 million copies in total, her 20th song to do so. Her best-selling single is "Love The Way You Lie" with Eminem in lead, which sold 5.1 million copies.

However, on the Global chart, she will be dethroned this week. Japanese girl group, AKB48, sold close to 1.4 million copies of their new single in Japan alone in 6 days. But she's already #1 last week and will go #1 in the future again so idc. As a related note, she has returned #1 on UK iTunes as well, and STILL selling more than double the #2 song in Ireland. She has enjoyed a 3-week #1 run in the UK, and dropped to #3 last week.

These all are done without promotion. :'( And she might actually get a #1 album this time. Her biggest competitors from new releases would be Nickelback and Daughtry. Both huge huge albums sellers back then but their previous eras underperformed and their singles are not going anywhere as of now. And Nickelback has never been a strong first-week seller. But then, it's the Thanksgiving week, so people like ADELE, Lady GaGa, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Michael Buble, etc. might soar high that week. "Loud" opened with more than 203k copies and has sold around 1.5 million copies within a year, with 3 #1 singles, RiRi's momentum is like insane now so she could actually open big, as in 300k copies or so if she promotes the hell out of hit and if the album is indeed good.

"I'M SUCH A ****ING LADY!!!" - Rihanna

New single released. Should be trying to replace herself at #1, will be the first act to do so. And 12th #1.

carriefann have you even turned around yet? :P

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast