Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars

American Music Award Nominations Announced October 11th

It is that time again. I hope Carrie gets a nomination or two, even though she had a quiet year. I am hoping for Female Country Artist at least....since she has no albums eligible this time.

NICKI MINAJ AND PITBULL TO ANNOUNCE NOMINEES FOR THE ?2011 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS" : Nicki Minaj

Nicki Minaj and Pitbull will announce nominations for the "2011 American Music Awards" at the JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE, TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11.

Nominations for the "2011 American Music Awards" will be presented in the categories of Pop/Rock, Country, Rap/Hip-Hop, Soul/R&B, Alternative, Adult Contemporary, Latin, Contemporary Inspirational and Soundtracks. For the fifth year, winners will be determined by online voting. Fans can vote at the Coca-Cola AMA voting website amavote.com as well as AMA.abc.com

The "2011 American Music Awards," produced by dick clark productions, inc, will broadcast live from L.A. LIVE's Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20 (8:00-11:00 p.m., ET/PT) on ABC. Performers and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks. ABC will air a live pre-show, "Countdown to The American Music Awards" (7:00-8:00 p.m., ET/PT) in addition to the "Coca-Cola Red Carpet LIVE! @ the 2011 AMAs," which will stream live online for fans worldwide starting at 2:00 p.m., PT/5:00 p.m., ET.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I hope she can get nominated for Female Country Artist but I dont think anything else because she had such a quiet year

Huge Carrie Follower myeverythingKU's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    She's gotta get Female Country Artist!!!

A female country artist nod would be great, but I'm going to try not to expect anything this year. If her lead single is ready by then and is right for this type of event, it'd be awesome to have her perform at the AMAs though!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    A female country artist nod would be great, but I'm going to try not to expect anything this year. If her lead single is ready by then and is right for this type of event, it'd be awesome to have her perform at the AMAs though!
    Do the AMAs get many viewers?

Concert Stars
    Yes the AMAs gets at least 10 million viewers--- usually more. If Carrie debuted the lead single at the CMAS, she could also sing it at the AMAs. Even if Taylor wins Female Country artist for the 4th year in a row due to her rabid fans (gag me!)--- Carrie could still attend and perform to promote the single.

She did that for Cowboy Casanova. She lost to Taylor but went anyway and performed.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Hopefully Carrie gets nominated

Concert Stars
    Hoping for a nomination, but a performance would be GREAT too!!

Concert Stars
    I hope she gets nominated, although she's gotten nominated for a ton of things this year and never won anything. I don't expect her to win, especially if TS is nominated, her fans are like predators, they see want they want, they kill a few things on the way, and once they get it they rub it in our faces.

Concert Stars
    ^ ooh nicely put. lol Agree. I have no expectations of Carrie winning since she will have to go against Taylor YET AGAIN--(sigh)--- but I just hope she is nominated and performs.

Yeah, it's simply been too quiet lately for Carrie's less devoted fans to remember to vote for her. I think a win for FC is almost impossible seeing as we're against that curly-haired bimbo.

That said, I think a nomination is likely. No matter how low Carrie lies, she's always going to be in the Top 3 females in country, especially for an extremely pop award show like the AMAs.

I'm just glad Carrie nabbed that all-important "artist of the year" at the AMAs when she could. That was a BIG award!

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Let's do some serious voting promoting!! We can hit up every Carrie video on youtube, CMT, GAC, etc. Who's with me?? Let's not go down without a fight

edit: after the nominations are revealed of course

Concert Stars
    Agree. It will give us something to do to pass the time anyway. lol

I really don't think Carrie will be eligible for any other categories this year except Female Country Artist.

Play On already won Country album last year. So all we have to vote for is the one category (hopefully if she gets nominated- lol).

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm crossing my fingers Carrie is nominated. I'll vote my fingers off for her if she is. I miss seeing her win awards. Hopefully they'll ask a few country artists to perform as well. Carrie is always seems to steal the show with her awards show performances.

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Hoping for a nomination

Concert Stars
    The last award Carrie won was the ACAs. That is sad as that was 2010.

She still has not won an award in 2011, unless you count the ACM Women of Country thing...but that sort of doesn't count as a major award. lol

What was the last industry award Carrie won?

Concert Stars
    The last industry award she won was the Grammy in 2010 for ITYS. She won a bunch of fan voted stuff in 2010 like CMTS ACAS AMA, etc--and EOTY at the ACMS--- but no industry voted awards since Grammys 2010.

Very very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    The last industry award she won was the Grammy in 2010 for ITYS. She won a bunch of fan voted stuff in 2010 like CMTS ACAS AMA, etc--and EOTY at the ACMS--- but no industry voted awards since Grammys 2010.

Very very sad.
    She will win again.

Concert Stars
    But those other awards are still something to be happy about!!

•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast